THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

FRACTURED said:
In 16 I told them i wanted to Beta test because (paraphrasing...) I thought they couldn't be trusted with their own game, they were pretty ('s' word for excrement) at what they do, I work with testers and software devs every day, and thought I could help them out as I couldn't be worse than whoever was testing back then.

Seemed to do the trick back then...
That's some pretty aggressive message you sent them, wow. 

I hope that everyone can beta test the game. Last year there only 300 players allowed per platform if I remember correctly. What's the point of 300 players per platform to give feedback when you can 10.000 per platform for example ;) Hope you learned from your mistakes, Codies.

rico2209 said:
I hope that everyone can beta test the game. Last year there only 300 players allowed per platform if I remember correctly. What's the point of 300 players per platform to give feedback when you can 10.000 per platform for example ;) Hope you learned from your mistakes, Codies.
More testers does not mean better results. Managing 30k testers would be incredibly hard compared to less than a thousand. Sometimes one tester can be more helpful than 100 testers.

UP100 said:
rico2209 said:
More testers does not mean better results. Managing 30k testers would be incredibly hard compared to less than a thousand. Sometimes one tester can be more helpful than 100 testers.

i agree, was part of the last beta. I do think on the other hand that they need to find a way to get the servers full, last time it was horrible. I could never find a full lobby to test the real deal with serverload etc.
Thats the biggest mistake i guess

FMPItalia said:
@Faya
when do you thing beta will be availeable?

Tuesday.

I made that up.

Please keep reporting in daily to ask this question.

Thanks.

Hi @FMPItalia and everyone,

A big thank you to everyone that’s applied for the Beta so far! The Beta invites have not gone out yet. We’ve got a lot of applications to go through and process, as well as a few other bits to sort in the background.

When we do send them out, I will let you know. Thanks for your patience!

I'm probably the first to have signed up ahahahah just opened the recordings, recorded. We hope to help

"So the last will be first, and the first will be last" :D Matthew 20:16

So I've won every open lobby race I've participated in???

IfCherry2pie said:
When can we be expected to be emailed whether we got a place or not on the Beta?
I am beta tester since F1 2016 and you will receive an email if they will choose you. Being a Beta Tester does not mean test the game before everyone, but give an efficient help to the developer to improve the game! 

Guys, when will the beta of f1 2018 come out?
Well it was supposed to release today, but Codemasters push the date back whenever someone asks about it.

In other words, it's your fault it hasn't released yet. Thanks!

Im here for the VR testing.  You're welcome  B) o:)

• Body is 21 characters too short.
  • Body is 21 characters too short.

I would really hope to be chosen for the beta test.  I bought 2017 2 weeks ago, and have 40 hours in game.  Pretty addicting.

I just hope the coders did more if / and statements for win and loss.  I have had 6 races in 2017 and heard three variations twice.  Last one after leading 33 / 39 at Monaco before my engine blew was the "silver arrow" had better tires.  Hamilton couldn't pass, and when he tried I shut the door each time.  

During the race start I got ahead of Hamilton, 7 positions back there was a wreak for safety car.  I led the formation for a lap...then Hamilton rear ends me goes ghost...and I overtake.   Then I get a warning to give the position back?  Please tell me there was more work into coding these error faults away in 2018.

sorry for my bad english
i hope that i can be a part of beta again after 2017.
see you online ;)

Ich hoffe das ich erneut teil der Beta sein kann, nach 2017
wir sehen uns online ;)

it would be absolutely nice to have VR on the next game, i can't even describe this experience, Racing virtually is the best thing ever and i think that's the way to go now and codies must not waste more time and get to it

Guys, if Codemasters give me the beta of f1 2018, they write me an email where there is the code for download the beta? 

Guys, if Codemasters give me the beta of f1 2018, they write me an email where there is the code for download the beta? 
First you will receive an email that will tell you that you are selected. Then you will receive another email with the download code of the beta. This is how it was in the past two years. They can change the procedure any time.

Guys, when will the beta of f1 2018 come out?

Doesn't matter really their full game will be a mess (later in the year) I want them to prove me wrong. I'm sure you'll hear about the beta soon ;) 

I've always thought codemasters games have been very good and each year they've got better and better,

on f1 beta like the op said a few posts up ,we will get an email and then a 2nd with the code , it's all very simple,

i for for one can't wait lol ,but it will be here and codemasters always improve on the previous game ,

senna94f1 said:
I've always thought codemasters games have been very good and each year they've got better and better,

on f1 beta like the op said a few posts up ,we will get an email and then a 2nd with the code , it's all very simple,

i for for one can't wait lol ,but it will be here and codemasters always improve on the previous game ,

F1 2017 was definitely the best F1 game to date (from a core single player perspective), but I definitely wish CM had the time and resources to push the series even further. I’m definitely excited to see what Lee and the team have decided to do for this years title and I’m sure it will further build upon last years game too. 
I hope I’m wrong but I’m not expecting 2018 to be drastically different from 2017, at least not to the extent that myself a lot of us probably hope for. I firmly believe it’s down to the time constraints of having such a limited development time between releases.

either way I’m always optimistic and excited to see what’s store this time around

For me F1 2017 represent the best f1 game (and, personally, also the best racing game) ever done!
As u said, the expectations are very high now, and I hope that with the 2018 game we can enjoy to much than now :smiley: