THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

Has the f1 beta already started ,

as it said f1 beta is now open ,  ,fingers crossed we can iron out and help a little with the pesky bugs,

senna94f1 said:
Has the f1 beta already started ,

as it said f1 beta is now open ,  ,fingers crossed we can iron out and help a little with the pesky bugs,

Not yet. I don't expect a confirmation emails for the next couple of weeks.

Really looking forward, hope I'll be chosen out of the so many sign-ups. :) Been loving the F1 Franchise by Codemasters since the first PC edition 2010. :)

look forward to the new game  and hopefully a chance to be a tester would be ace

How long is a piece of string ,

its like watching paint paint dry waiting on any news of beta testing for f1 2018 ,

at least make the choice of who's testing regardless of sending out codes, 

why , because it would be absolutely horrible to wait to see if you are  not chosen only to find beta is already in process of testing ,just my humble opinion , and put lot of people's minds at rest,

senna94f1 said:
How long is a piece of string ,

its like watching paint paint dry waiting on any news of beta testing for f1 2018 ,

at least make the choice of who's testing regardless of sending out codes, 

why , because it would be absolutely horrible to wait to see if you are  not chosen only to find beta is already in process of testing ,just my humble opinion , and put lot of people's minds at rest,
You know they have thousands of applications to go through while they also have to be, you know, developing the game?

Ok ,that said why do you need thousands of applications ,we only had 900 last year over 3 machines, ps4 ,Xbox and PC , when I spoke to lee on Twitter and he said beta was still open to apply a 2 weeks after it was first announced and he or codemasters had a huge back log of people to go thru ,so begs the question as you already had far too many people but beta was still left to apply , hence its why you have in your own words thousands of applications to go thru, , a huge back log will not make it any easier and just make the original people who beta tested last 2 years wait even longer ,feel abit left out ,

i think codemasters does a brilliant f1 game and each year it's got better but some who've applied have no interest in formula one or have bought into codemasters f1 games from day one, as I ,

would you you like any help in going thru applications ,

senna94f1 said:
Ok ,that said why do you need thousands of applications
Eh? To pick the best beta testers maybe? What do you think?
So what was your point? Take the first thousand players even though they wouldn't have any explanation why would they even want to test? This makes no sense.

senna94f1 said:
we only had 900 last year
Actually over 900, there is no accurate number.

You might have not thought of the fact that using the same testers each year would not always be the best idea.

A proportion of testers that give adequate feedback are useful but also fresh eyes are needed. 

More thought does need to be given to the pattern of testing and the beta does actually have to be part of the final code otherwise it’s meaningless. Last year’s beta bore litttle resemblance to the actual offering as highlighted bugs were present and the game did not play like the beta all that much.

I wasn't part of the beta programme the last years and I kinda understood it was all about driving feedback mostly. But this year, they made the announcement just two weeks ago and I think it may take one or two weeks for them to release the beta codes, bringing us to mid-May. Meanwhile Lee Mather confirmed he will bring F1 2018 at E3 which is early June (https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/985087666839523328).
So I start to wonder if the beta might be including Career and Championships testing programmees, more than just driving feedback and Online, as the game will be certainly way more complete.

MaxSpiltz said:
I wasn't part of the beta programme the last years and I kinda understood it was all about driving feedback mostly. But this year, they made the announcement just two weeks ago and I think it may take one or two weeks for them to release the beta codes, bringing us to mid-May. Meanwhile Lee Mather confirmed he will bring F1 2018 at E3 which is early June (https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/985087666839523328).
So I start to wonder if the beta might be including Career and Championships testing programmees, more than just driving feedback and Online, as the game will be certainly way more complete.

I did try a few questions on Lee to see if there was any juicy gossip he could let us in on but understandably he couldn’t say a lot, the E3 response was as much as I managed to get ::smile:
im guessing the beta will start in the coming weeks but doubt it will give many of the new features away, E3 will probably be where they’ll start talking about what’s new this year

I want to be in the beta so I can finally drive the Paul Ricard French gp circuit. Trust me I will find any glitch in that track if I get the beta - I won’t stop driving!!!

Hey Codemasters. I hope to join you on the beta program as I will happily provide feedback to you on the game, give suggestions and kindly let you know if there is anything that needs fixing. I'm also a developer so I know what its like to program. I'm also trying to develop my own dashboard using your UDP data by making an iPhone app in Swift.

I was lucky enough to beta test last year fingers crossed I can again this year  all I play is f1 and look forward to the new game and with the hope I get to be a beta tester again for it role on f1 2018

UP100 said:
senna94f1 said:
Ok ,that said why do you need thousands of applications
Eh? To pick the best beta testers maybe? What do you think?
So what was your point? Take the first thousand players even though they wouldn't have any explanation why would they even want to test? This makes no sense.

senna94f1 said:
we only had 900 last year
Actually over 900, there is no accurate number.

You certainly pick snippets of my post , the trouble is posts or even simple text messages can come across as negatives but that's not my intention , I had to laugh when you said to pick the best , how would you know from words as words can be very misleading of who's the best , ,, of course I would think anyone with abit of common sense who has applied would want to test, , ,you make as much sense as me and somtimes I don't make any sense , I've worked at silverstone but you can't beat in reality watching the action on tv regarding F1.  Lastly is there a point nope but just having a general discussion .?

Anymore news regarding when we will get Beta news? Im assuming it will be after the F1 esports qualifiers have finished so early June. @jennyannem

Anymore news regarding when we will get Beta news? Im assuming it will be after the F1 esports qualifiers have finished so early June. @jennyannem
If it is in june the game will be released at the earliest in september. Thx Codemastrrs

Ok so I sent my beta application once again, I hope it's not a problem? I corrected few things :)

when does the beta come?
better this week I can not wait to play f1 2018
I signed up for the beta and hope they choose me
I hope they can make the damage more realistic and that not only your front wing and wheels can break but also your rear wing and more

path1337 said:
Ok so I sent my beta application once again, I hope it's not a problem? I corrected few things :)
I thought beta applications had stopped weeks ago ,  

here's your problem UP100  , if codemasters are still taking applications , no wonder like you said codemasters have thousands of applicants to go thru, and we are almost a third of the way thru may,

i love reading posts when will the beta be here,  you can't blame people for being excited and it shows a willingness , 
so when will the f1 2018 beta be here .

senna94f1 said:
it shows a willingness
But IMO complaining to Codies about not having the beta out yet sounds like you just want to play the game, instead of helping. I was there last year, that's why I'm not excited. If I make an application to become tester, I should actually be helpful instead of just wanting to play a WIP version of the game.