Sign in to follow this  

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

UP100 said:
senna94f1 said:
it shows a willingness
But IMO complaining to Codies about not having the beta out yet sounds like you just want to play the game, instead of helping. I was there last year, that's why I'm not excited. If I make an application to become tester, I should actually be helpful instead of just wanting to play a WIP version of the game.
I agree - that's why I'm trying to participate again this year. Last year I managed to be slightly helpful (as in help a bit with gamepad steering), I hope I could try to help again this year.

Hi all,

I’ve removed/removing a number of argumentative and off topic posts from this thread.

Please remember, that if another player has posted something you feel is breaking the forum rules, please use the Flag system to bring the post to our attention. Do not respond to the post. If you really don’t want to see what someone is posting, use the Ignore function to hide their posts.

Please do not discuss the removed posts or their contents. If there is, I will remove those posts as well.

Please stay civil.

In regards to Beta information, please be patient, we are still finalising things in the background.

Thanks,

MaxSpiltz said:
I wasn't part of the beta programme the last years and I kinda understood it was all about driving feedback mostly. But this year, they made the announcement just two weeks ago and I think it may take one or two weeks for them to release the beta codes, bringing us to mid-May. Meanwhile Lee Mather confirmed he will bring F1 2018 at E3 which is early June (https://twitter.com/TheLeeMather/status/985087666839523328).
So I start to wonder if the beta might be including Career and Championships testing programmees, more than just driving feedback and Online, as the game will be certainly way more complete.
I wonder if they  will make use of the square enix booth like they did last year?

Honestly, league owners need this beta more than anything hahah. The benefits we can make to improve our leagues reputation would be a good step forward if we can utilize what we know later down the road, of course not saying anything under the guidlines and what not

Why don't you "exclusively" take all the fellas of the higher divisions of AOR + E-Sports into the "closed beta" and afterwards when you believe that the game has been ironed out quite a bit release a second "open beta" a couple of months later for the whole playerbase on all platforms to get the last bits and pieces of bugs and or glitches sorted out before launch?

Makes much more sense to get highly dedicated, competitive, racers, which the fellas in AOR + E-Sports surely are known for, in for the heavy stresstests as they usually know the game inside out and are more knowledgeable to get the game to its limits whilst being more or less fully commited to help out as this is the franchise they decided to put time amd effort into.

We, the "normal" players, can be helpful at a later point too, but imho the big chunks of work should be done by the AOR + E-Sports members only to have a closer working relationship towards Codemasters.

PS: Why not combine this approach of splitting the "beta test" into a "closed" one (AOR + E-Sports) and a "open" one ("normal" or rather all players) with a proper "testing team" (actual "professional" gametesters) that get fully paid to do a "9 - 17 job" and are tasked to only "stresstesting" your games to get the maximum amount of feedback possible from all sides?

Of course this would cost much more indeed, but the results will be a gazillion times more accurate and will most definitely make the process of finding and eliminating issues simple but effective at the same time.

Why don't you "exclusively" take all the fellas of the higher divisions of AOR + E-Sports into the "closed beta" and afterwards when you believe that the game has been ironed out quite a bit release a second "open beta" a couple of months later for the whole playerbase on all platforms to get the last bits and pieces of bugs and or glitches sorted out before launch?

Makes much more sense to get highly dedicated, competitive, racers, which the fellas in AOR + E-Sports surely are known for, in for the heavy stresstests as they usually know the game inside out and are more knowledgeable to get the game to its limits whilst being more or less fully commited to help out as this is the franchise they decided to put time amd effort into.

We, the "normal" players, can be helpful at a later point too, but imho the big chunks of work should be done by the AOR + E-Sports members only to have a closer working relationship towards Codemasters.

PS: Why not combine this approach of splitting the "beta test" into a "closed" one (AOR + E-Sports) and a "open" one ("normal" or rather all players) with a proper "testing team" (actual "professional" gametesters) that get fully paid to do a "9 - 17 job" and are tasked to only "stresstesting" your games to get the maximum amount of feedback possible from all sides?

Of course this would cost much more indeed, but the results will be a gazillion times more accurate and will most definitely make the process of finding and eliminating issues simple but effective at the same time.

Actually this would make a lot of sense. Does seem a bit of an unfair advantage if some of the esports players manage to get early access to the new game through a beta before other esports players do. Surely means some will be able to get extra practice in ahead of other people.

as you’ve said I guess technically the esports finalists are the highest skilled and most familiar with the games there is so if would make perfect sense to utilise them in the development of future games.

I'm all for a dedicated, qualified bunch of beta testers but this will only work if they are allowed to test the full game, not parts of it. This should be more easy to accomplish with a smaller amount of testers. Paying them won't be necessary I guess, just hand out a free game afterwards and they will be more than happy. After that, hand it over to the common crowd to iron out the last bits and pieces. However, keep in mind CM aims for a bigger crowd than just us diehards, therefor getting them involved also makes sense. It's also kind of a teaser.

I'm all for a dedicated, qualified bunch of beta testers but this will only work if they are allowed to test the full game, not parts of it. This should be more easy to accomplish with a smaller amount of testers. Paying them won't be necessary I guess, just hand out a free game afterwards and they will be more than happy. After that, hand it over to the common crowd to iron out the last bits and pieces. However, keep in mind CM aims for a bigger crowd than just us diehards, therefor getting them involved also makes sense. It's also kind of a teaser.
They actually did the “giving the full game to a small group” last year and in 2016 with the youtubers such as tiametmardruk and aarava, In a form of pre alpha testing. But this year they didnt do that because i asked aarava on twitter if there was any pre aplha testing and he said there wasnt because they were busy with the esports he assumed. So this year things are going another direction, which one, i dont know.

These players do not use assists. Codies also need people who race with assists so that they can test these - especially with the new French Grand Prix Circuit at Paul Ricard, they need to test the Racing Line, Braking Assist etc. By the time the public beta is released, it will be too late to fix a major part of the game like this before release without a delayed release. An example of this is F1 2016, the Racing Line at Azerbaijan at the castle section was wrong, so the braking markers were wrong. This also made the Track Acclimatise Practice Program Undoable on PC. They Never fixed this until the 2017 release.

I agree but could there be more leagues that participate in the closed beta as people like me are not in AOR and are still committed league racer so some of the other bigger leagues could join in (SRL, PSGL, PSF1, IRL, etc) instead of just AOR. It just gives other committed league racers a chance rather than 300 odd people.

So, since the game got announced, I think it's worth mentioning that last year game got announced on 17th May, and Beta was opened on 23rd May. So... Yeah. You get the idea.

didn`t you stil get access datas ?  oh sorry for you guys :smiley:  seams you will not get them

marsal79 said:
didn`t you stil get access datas ?  oh sorry for you guys :smiley:  seams you will not get them
Aww that's a shame, really hoped to beta test F1 2018 :D

Oh well I guess it's waiting till 24th of August then :(

marsal79 said:
trolllooolooooo, nice one!
If it was true you would probably break your NDA by saying this.

larryl said:
marsal79 said:
trolllooolooooo, nice one!
If it was true you would probably break your NDA by saying this.
Nah, in previous years the NDA has allowed you to tell other people you're in the beta, just not anything about what's being tested. (In fact, beta participants get "Drivers" beside their name in these forums, so it's common knowledge who's a current or previous participant.)

(In fact, beta participants get "Drivers" beside their name in these forums, so it's common knowledge who's a current or previous participant.)
So do they delete that role when the new beta comes around?

. (In fact, beta participants get "Drivers" beside their name in these forums
uhhhm where do you see "Driver" next to my name then?
Was a beta driver last year......

I was beta driver last year as well. I just noticed I no longer have access to that part of the forum anymore. Also, I can't open my drafts that I made in that forum, unlike other drafts of public parts of the forum.
I can only assume I shouldn't expect a beta code this year.

I was beta driver last year as well. I just noticed I no longer have access to that part of the forum anymore. Also, I can't open my drafts that I made in that forum, unlike other drafts of public parts of the forum.
I can only assume I shouldn't expect a beta code this year.
I think they’re just housekeeping.

There was only that one beta forum last year but there was a F1 2016 beta as well.

hey, when do you send the confirmations for participation in the beta?

Deutsch:
Hey, wann sendet Ihr die Bestätigung für die Teilnahme an der Beta raus?

ritti1987 said:

Deutsch:

Soon.

Deutsch:
Bald.

ritti1987 said:

Deutsch:

Soon.

Deutsch:
Bald.

Das "soon" habe selbst ich verstanden. hahaha
naja mal daumen drücken! :D