THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

So can somone from CM explain why Onrush has an open beta and F1 2018 has a closed beta.

This does not make sense in so many ways.

I can imagine they not only wanted to do the open beta for finding bugs but also effectively acting as a free limited time demo to help promote the game as it’s new and not an established game like F1, ...perhaps in the hope that it would give people the chance to try it that might have otherwise been on the fence about buying also? 
It would be good for the to do an open beta for F1 2018, maybe they plan to a bit closer to the release date?

So can somone from CM explain why Onrush has an open beta and F1 2018 has a closed beta.

Closed beta have sense because with the feedback received can solve some issue before the release of the game. In the past beta there were task to do in a 3/4 day period. At the end of the period we need to fill a form and send back to them. The beta is not the game with less feature, is a way to help CM improve the product before the release day. 

Rush you have to preorder game to be able to take part in beta, although it says open beta it's not if you don't want to preorder as money is taken out of your account straight away before game is released,  I suppose it's an early gift ,the beta that is,

f1 2018 is closed and you needed to sign up but that doesn't mean you will get chosen, and quite a few in the know (wink wink) are saying 23rd may,
actually you can find that on here may 23rd , so no (wink wink) and date they are only guessing ,

hope this helps ,and it's a waiting game

senna94f1 said:

Rush you have to preorder game to be able to take part in beta, although it says open beta it's not if you don't want to preorder as money is taken out of your account straight away before game is released,  I suppose it's an early gift ,the beta that is,

f1 2018 is closed and you needed to sign up but that doesn't mean you will get chosen, and quite a few in the know (wink wink) are saying 23rd may,
actually you can find that on here may 23rd , so no (wink wink) and date they are only guessing ,

Wait so you have to pre-order the game to get the beta? I'm planning to pre-order it but I won't get the beta until I pre-order F1 2018?

senna94f1 said:

Wait so you have to pre-order the game to get the beta? I'm planning to pre-order it but I won't get the beta until I pre-order F1 2018?
This is false. The Onrush beta required you to pay to get early access to the beta. This is not the case with F1 2018. All you have to do is sign up. The onrush beta is currently open to everyone. 

I wanted to be part in the F1 2017 Beta but i haven't got a key. I hope this year i will get a key.

FRACTURED said:
P.S ; Let people stream the beta. 
Could they? Get all the viewers to sign another NDA  :open_mouth:
All I know is that I'm gonna be mad again because all the youtubers and twitch streamer will propably get the game early again.

There is a YouTuber (i do not want to name him) who somehow received a code 1 week before release and his subscriber count rose from 2k to 8k. He was not even making any F1 related videos before that and not even now anymore.

There is a YouTuber (i do not want to name him) who somehow received a code 1 week before release and his subscriber count rose from 2k to 8k. He was not even making any F1 related videos before that and not even now anymore.
Oh no! He got more popular. Shame on him!

Publishers usually like to give codes away for YouTubers even if they would be really small.

FRACTURED said:
All I know is that I'm gonna be mad again because all the youtubers and twitch streamer will propably get the game early again.

Maybe if you crazy kids started watching TV instead of these DIY morons you wouldn't be so *salty*

"I believe that's the correct parlance these days Jeeves, am I correct?"

senna94f1 said:

This is false. The Onrush beta required you to pay to get early access to the beta. This is not the case with F1 2018. All you have to do is sign up. The onrush beta is currently open to everyone. 
On Rush is now currently open to everybody but it was not when it first appeared on ps4 psn store, as I tried to download onrush and it clearly said you had to preorder which means pay to be able to get the beta , this has since changed where anyone can download onrush beta without having to preorder game, a number of us in party chat all tried ok ,

f1 2018 is open only to those who signed up , although you are not automatically pick as it says on here people are pick for open beta,

how owe is any of that false, 

UP100 said:
Oh no! He got more popular. Shame on him!

Publishers usually like to give codes away for YouTubers even if they would be really small.
The point is not that he got popular but that he received a code even though his content does not focus on racing games at all. The question is how and why has he received that code. I will explain more below.

FRACTURED said:

Maybe if you crazy kids started watching TV instead of these DIY morons you wouldn't be so *salty*

"I believe that's the correct parlance these days Jeeves, am I correct?"
Salty?
Boy, please.  :D
If you are so easily triggered by people discussing things in a forum then you are in the wrong place.
Btw, TV is dead.

My point was not the gain in subs, but how and why he received a early access code. By the time he received the code the NDA had ended which means people who had a code were allowed to post content. Logically you want to give the codes to the most subscribed YouTubers who have content based on motorsport games in order to gain more customers. He is mainly playing shooters. So why did he receive a code? The 6k subs he received were dedicated F1 game followers who already knew about the game, specifically searched for it on YouTube, found this YouTuber and would probably buy the game anyway so Codemasters did not gain anything from him playing the game a week before release.

FRACTURED said:

All YouTubers? I would love to have it that way, but I haven't ever received anything from Codemasters early, certainly not without pre-ordering and paying. :) (not a super small YouTuber either, up to 11,3k subs as we speak) :)

My point was not the gain in subs, but how and why he received a early access code. By the time he received the code the NDA had ended which means people who had a code were allowed to post content. Logically you want to give the codes to the most subscribed YouTubers who have content based on motorsport games in order to gain more customers. He is mainly playing shooters. So why did he receive a code? The 6k subs he received were dedicated F1 game followers who already knew about the game, specifically searched for it on YouTube, found this YouTuber and would probably buy the game anyway so Codemasters did not gain anything from him playing the game a week before release.
Well they have infinite amount of codes. It's entirely possible that someone from Codies follows the channel and wanted to give them a beta code. I don't see a point about complaining which channels get a beta code.

We haven't sent out invites out yet, we'll make sure we let you know when we're sending them out via the forums and social media. They won't be too long though!

I hope The Beta Codes comes this Week                 Auf Deusch ich hoffe die Beta Codes kommen diese Woche   

I really hope that 3 months before release will have impact on the game when it’s out. To be honest, especially for the Multiplayer the best thing would be a open Beta already in February or something with the old cars, only focusing on the problems that were in the last game. 

We need full lobby’s in the beta, where league conditions could be simulated. Last year I had no problems in the beta online - when wer start testing with our league on the release weekend, we already had big problems.

Jaketa said:
I really hope that 3 months before release will have impact on the game when it’s out. To be honest, especially for the Multiplayer the best thing would be a open Beta already in February or something with the old cars, only focusing on the problems that were in the last game. 

We need full lobby’s in the beta, where league conditions could be simulated. Last year I had no problems in the beta online - when wer start testing with our league on the release weekend, we already had big problems.
I think the main probem in the MP beta was most people who got into MP part of Beta played it privately, with friends - starting to tune set-ups and stuff and just overall practicing instead of actively searching for any possible bugs... That's why public lobbies were mostly empty.
My suggestion would be that MP part of the beta wouldn't have "Private" lobbies, only open ones - then proper testing could be done, IMO.

There was hardly any one in online lobby's last year, that's why they increased the beta number last year but it was a little too late , they have a released date already so it can't have that many bugs ,
my money is on 23rd Wednesday beta codes will be sent out 

i hope ope I am able to test because checking for 3 months is getting to stage where excitement is not there and regardless I will buy game anyway ,I just wanted to help and test