Sign in to follow this  

THE F1 BETA Thread and FAQ

I really hope the people who keep saying "If I get a BETA code I will definitely help you out a lot." really do help them out and test it as much as possible. :smile:

UP100 said:
My point was not the gain in subs, but how and why he received a early access code. By the time he received the code the NDA had ended which means people who had a code were allowed to post content. Logically you want to give the codes to the most subscribed YouTubers who have content based on motorsport games in order to gain more customers. He is mainly playing shooters. So why did he receive a code? The 6k subs he received were dedicated F1 game followers who already knew about the game, specifically searched for it on YouTube, found this YouTuber and would probably buy the game anyway so Codemasters did not gain anything from him playing the game a week before release.
Well they have infinite amount of codes. It's entirely possible that someone from Codies follows the channel and wanted to give them a beta code. I don't see a point about complaining which channels get a beta code.
His points was the said person had no interest in f1 or in codemasters and in buying any f1 games  that had ever been released , it's like hiring a astronaut to go to centre of the earth, 

horses for courses , but that wasn't why the said person was giving early access  it was to help there YouTube channel and had the desired affect ,

in in life it's not always what u know ,it's about who u know lol

mantazzo said:
Jaketa said:
I really hope that 3 months before release will have impact on the game when it’s out. To be honest, especially for the Multiplayer the best thing would be a open Beta already in February or something with the old cars, only focusing on the problems that were in the last game. 

We need full lobby’s in the beta, where league conditions could be simulated. Last year I had no problems in the beta online - when wer start testing with our league on the release weekend, we already had big problems.
I think the main probem in the MP beta was most people who got into MP part of Beta played it privately, with friends - starting to tune set-ups and stuff and just overall practicing instead of actively searching for any possible bugs... That's why public lobbies were mostly empty.
My suggestion would be that MP part of the beta wouldn't have "Private" lobbies, only open ones - then proper testing could be done, IMO.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

The public lobbies (matchmaking) were totally empty because no-one stuck in a lobby long enough to build up a number of drivers, they were forever quitting out and the game was bugged in MP with players unable to quit as the sessions stalled (did not return to lobby).

People playing the game as they did in MP is more likely to find bugs in the custom lobby precisely because they were using more of the options that are restricted in matchmaking (race length, custom setups, larger (fuller) sessions, more sessions including qualifying and practice etc.)

Try remembering that not everyone who plays the game and therefore signs up for the beta can play 24/7 because hey, they may have day jobs.

Suggested times to play multiplayer from CM may be helpful. 20:00 UK tends to work most nights in organised leagues. Then you might see people online at the given time. Even if mathchmaking were to occur at this time the increased focus would be better.

Devs being in the lobbies would also be very helpful.

^I will just LOL at that and won't comment. Anything I'll try to comment from my experience last year will be used against me anyway, so what's the point.
Also, I was talking about Public Custom Lobbies. Matchmaking is a different story.

ANYWAY. Hopefully not long to wait now...

mantazzo said:
^I will just LOL at that and won't comment. Anything I'll try to comment from my experience last year will be used against me anyway, so what's the point.
Also, I was talking about Public Custom Lobbies. Matchmaking is a different story.

ANYWAY. Hopefully not long to wait now...
A forum is created for discussions and ideas. Don't let people who believe otherwise keep you from it. Everyone has the right to say his piece.

I also partly agree with your point.
I was not part of any BETA so far so I don't know how much was discussed in the hidden BETA threads regarding bugs but there will always be not few who exploit the opportunity to gain setup advantages before those who do not have a code.

mantazzo said:
Jaketa said:
I really hope that 3 months before release will have impact on the game when it’s out. To be honest, especially for the Multiplayer the best thing would be a open Beta already in February or something with the old cars, only focusing on the problems that were in the last game. 

We need full lobby’s in the beta, where league conditions could be simulated. Last year I had no problems in the beta online - when wer start testing with our league on the release weekend, we already had big problems.
I think the main probem in the MP beta was most people who got into MP part of Beta played it privately, with friends - starting to tune set-ups and stuff and just overall practicing instead of actively searching for any possible bugs... That's why public lobbies were mostly empty.
My suggestion would be that MP part of the beta wouldn't have "Private" lobbies, only open ones - then proper testing could be done, IMO.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

The public lobbies (matchmaking) were totally empty because no-one stuck in a lobby long enough to build up a number of drivers, they were forever quitting out and the game was bugged in MP with players unable to quit as the sessions stalled (did not return to lobby).

People playing the game as they did in MP is more likely to find bugs in the custom lobby precisely because they were using more of the options that are restricted in matchmaking (race length, custom setups, larger (fuller) sessions, more sessions including qualifying and practice etc.)

Try remembering that not everyone who plays the game and therefore signs up for the beta can play 24/7 because hey, they may have day jobs.

Suggested times to play multiplayer from CM may be helpful. 20:00 UK tends to work most nights in organised leagues. Then you might see people online at the given time. Even if mathchmaking were to occur at this time the increased focus would be better.

Devs being in the lobbies would also be very helpful.

All of the above happened in the beta and still the lobbies were empty,the problem being if you joined a public session the sprint mode idiots were ramming people off,so people set up lobbies with friends and yes it was used to test set ups for league racing.

FRACTURED said:
P.S ; Let people stream the beta. 
Could they? Get all the viewers to sign another NDA  :open_mouth:
All I know is that I'm gonna be mad again because all the youtubers and twitch streamer will propably get the game early again.

There is only one Green Eyed Monster that looked good, and that was Craig Lowndes V8 Supercar. Who cares if the youtubers get the game early, I really don't as it gives me a chance now to see if I want to buy it or not

Why not just make f1 2018 open beta to everyone,because why encourage people  to sign up and nothing for over 2 months and then you don't get picked to test anyway, and to top it off you are not informed you didn't get chosen ,
but too find out thru your league that beta is already under ,

Poor guy ,he went completly mad while waiting and waiting and waiting ,

as a gesture I will buy him the game when it's released lol.

Because there are people in this community (Not singling anyone out by saying this) that have loose fingertips, the second they get the Beta they will blabber all about it either on youtube, twitter or any other social media outlets they can find. If I recall correctly, the 2016 Beta was shut down prematurily because someone blabbed about it. Codemasters want to be able to work on the basis of improving their products without people going along screaming out.

"OMG F1 2018 WILL HAVE RED FLAGS AGAIN! AND CO-OP OMFG"

Things like that. So at least with a closed beta, you are only selecting a small group (if 300 is considered small... lol) to test the game, give feedback and hope and pray that all of them keep the info to themselves. 

Because there are people in this community (Not singling anyone out by saying this) that have loose fingertips, the second they get the Beta they will blabber all about it either on youtube, twitter or any other social media outlets they can find. If I recall correctly, the 2016 Beta was shut down prematurily because someone blabbed about it. Codemasters want to be able to work on the basis of improving their products without people going along screaming out.

"OMG F1 2018 WILL HAVE RED FLAGS AGAIN! AND CO-OP OMFG"

Things like that. So at least with a closed beta, you are only selecting a small group (if 300 is considered small... lol) to test the game, give feedback and hope and pray that all of them keep the info to themselves. 

The established YT channels got a green light before game release as they were given a review copy of the product (either code or disc).

Considerable effort was put into closing down anyone posting beta footage both from beta testers and from CM. You can be sure anyone who broke NDA in 16 or 17 would not get a code going forward.

Whoever guessed 23rd looks like they were wrong. Unless I'm on the outside and your all being super ninja about it. :)

I can neither confirm or deny about the 23rd June , yes June 

sorry you didn't think it was May , just add a bee to that and Maybee year hahaha,

In. seriousness beta could or can come any moment and probably will come when you least expect it.

I think we will have the beta next week (probs Tuesday). It come out a week after the first video last year, and they've claimed it will be "very soon". And it also kinda makes sense, cause it's a week where ik school children our off in the UK. And atleast 50% of the community is made up out of under 18 year olds. 

Anyone knows if will be announced next week the selected beta tester?
I'll try to keep the main post updated.

Well I don't entirely know how much testing they want done as according to Aarava's "leak" video iirc (which has now been taken down and the thread removed from this forum), im sure he stated that he had already tested it but had an NDA. So I'm guessing yet again we are following exactly what happened last year. 

I could be misremembering the video as I'm get old now though .... ?

martbloke said:
Well I don't entirely know how much testing they want done as according to Aarava's "leak" video iirc (which has now been taken down and the thread removed from this forum), im sure he stated that he had already tested it but had an NDA. So I'm guessing yet again we are following exactly what happened last year. 

I asked him last month on twitter if he tested the game in pre aplha state which they have done the last two games, he said to me because of esports codemasters were to busy for pre aplha testing for youtubers in february-march they DIDNT test the game, so no, he HASNT tested the game, the video was removed because he just did a lot of research on the internet. And gamestop had a leak which gave away a lot of new features.

martbloke said:

I asked him last month on twitter if he tested the game in pre aplha state which they have done the last two games, he said to me because of esports codemasters were to busy for pre aplha testing for youtubers in february-march they DIDNT test the game, so no, he HASNT tested the game, the video was removed because he just did a lot of research on the internet. And gamestop had a leak which gave away a lot of new features.
Have to admit at first I thought gamestop had seen Aaravas “F1 2018 wishlist videos” and erroneously listed all his feature ideas as the actual features for the game ?

Not surprised that no pre-beta testing thas been done this year to be honest, can imagine CM will probably will keep the handling from last years game but possibly just make a few tweaks to further refine things.

do think the beta is coming very soon though, my guess is middle of next week, possibly Tuesday maybe ?

Everybody is hyped for the Monaco GP and the Indy 500. And then theres me, always checking my emails to check if I am in the Beta xD

UP100 said:
There is a YouTuber (i do not want to name him) who somehow received a code 1 week before release and his subscriber count rose from 2k to 8k. He was not even making any F1 related videos before that and not even now anymore.
Oh no! He got more popular. Shame on him!

Publishers usually like to give codes away for YouTubers even if they would be really small.

Well in that case I have a full 16 subs and i only upload F1 content - Can I get one  :D

Well in that case I have a full 16 subs and i only upload F1 content - Can I get one  :D
Well I mean depending on the publisher that might be possible actually :)