Sign in to follow this  

F1 2017 Game Survey Now Open!

dwin20 said:
Was disappointed in this survey as there was nothing in it to allow people to define what they would want in the game. I was looking for an opportunity to prioritize telemetry (like GP4 had - or EA Grand Prix series). In fact, there was nothing about setups and telemetry in any of the questions. This is the weakest part of the game. 

That is not completly true. A survey is a method to find out what players want to see in the game and if you read it well there were questions about things we want to see in 2018. However, the things you mentioned weren't in the the survey, but these wishes have been raised before on the forum so they may already have decided to implement it in the game and therefore there is no reason to put it in the survey. Time will tell.

Dear Codemastes,

Please deliver a working base game first before thinking about selling DLC's. The last three years you sold a unfinished product.

Good survey and I hope to see all if not more classic cars in F1 2018 and beyond! I don't mind paying for classic tracks such as Istanbul Park!

Thanks for posting the link. I just completed the survey. I swear if there are loot boxes in any way, shape or form I will freaking loose it.

The questions seem aimed at gauging interest in DLC, eSports, & VR - possible hints at the major areas of focus for future installments?

Before all of those things though I hope they focus on giving the best single player experience as well as online. I would also love the return to split-screen.

I can tell you one thing, those DLC questions make me somewhat wary about F1 2018.
Vote with your wallet and don't buy any of that rip-off DLC!

odeepaanh said:
DLC is fine if it's priced well, the content is fair, and it's thought of after release, not on release

DLC just isn't worth buying in annually released games. Why should I spend an additional €20 or so on some extra content on a game that's going to be obsolete again in half a year?

If Codemaster's F1 would revamp it's business model and go away from annual releases and move towards a game-as-a-service model with continuous updates, then I would consider paying for significantly large content packs.

dwin20 said:
Was disappointed in this survey as there was nothing in it to allow people to define what they would want in the game. I was looking for an opportunity to prioritize telemetry (like GP4 had - or EA Grand Prix series). In fact, there was nothing about setups and telemetry in any of the questions. This is the weakest part of the game. 

That is not completly true. A survey is a method to find out what players want to see in the game and if you read it well there were questions about things we want to see in 2018. However, the things you mentioned weren't in the the survey, but these wishes have been raised before on the forum so they may already have decided to implement it in the game and therefore there is no reason to put it in the survey. Time will tell.
Hope you are correct ::smile:

For me the most important feature that the F1 games need is VR support. For both PC and PSVR

Slight error with the survey. 

How many seasons have you done in career? 3
Why did you stop playing? Erm I didn't, I do 100% races and thus the seasons take a while to do along with this not being the only thing I play.

haitch40 said:
Slight error with the survey. 

How many seasons have you done in career? 3
Why did you stop playing? Erm I didn't, I do 100% races and thus the seasons take a while to do along with this not being the only thing I play.
That question is not mandatory. You can skip it. :)

I just watched a video from digital foundry and even though a lot of problem exists with the safety car not working properly even with freesync you still get screen tearing with it enabled on 1080p

https://youtu.be/e_LBOg-NcPQ?t=12m59s

haydn23 said:
DLC didn't worry. however the idea of a premium currency or lootboxes did. Please no do not put this in the bloody game. DLC is fine, Dlc imo is perfectly acceptable it is additional content that for the most part is worth the money. Lootboxes and things are usually a complete over-price and not worth it by any stretch of the imagination. Also just to add to that if the idea of having these loot boxes is so that things like dedicated server can be afforded i'm sure aleast 90% of the people here wouldn't mind paying to have access to better servers like on rfactor. Also to add to that it would somewhat fix the issue of people who just take you out as if they do not care about the game they will not be playing for these servers. Maybe they should be exclusive aswell so if someone gets multiple negative reports they get banned from accessing them. 
Just gonna go and add that to my thread on features now ;)

Agree, lootboxes could be suicidal for the game. We saw how much that has killed EA

I have signed up. I’m am really interested to see what changes and improvements have been brought to this years new game. Hopefully I will be selected

I want more classic cars from the 90's and early 2000's.  
I want custom liveries in Career Mode
I want a new car Launch events within career mode where you can watch it on your laptop live or watch it on the tv monitor, this would make the game more realistic and true to real life.

I want more animations from your career mode character
I want you to keep grid girls on the grid
I want way more customisation in career mode.

For me the current game as is is mostly fine, however, I will only buy the next iteration if it supports VR. I think it's ridiculous that a racing game in 2018 doesn't have VR support.

Regarding other aspects - have DLC if it really adds something to the game, not just restores something that should've been there since the beginning. In terms of loot boxes - just look at EA's experience with Battlefront and think again if you really want them in your game.

Just completed it. Am I wrong to feel a tad uneasy about those DLC questions?

It's a shame there wasn't some more space to write ideas down. Career mode is really good on F1 2017 but it needs a reset from time to time. I'd like to see the midfield teams get to the front for a season, or a Mercedes struggling near the back, etc. Basically for the pecking order to change regularly as there hasn't been much change in my career mode except for my own Renault team.

I think it's an absolute joke that there's no free text field at the end for general comments and suggestions. Just goes to show once more that Codemasters would rather stick their head in the sand rather than hear the feedback about how broken F1 2017 was.

Faya said:
Greetings Drivers,

Our F1 2017 Survey is now open! I know that many of you have told us your thoughts here on the forums, but it would be great if you take ten minutes or so to fill this out for us. In doing so, you’ll help us in ensuring we’re coming at future projects with ideas and initiatives inspired by you, our players.

Tell us your thoughts by heading here - F1 2017 Game Survey

What's the point when there's no free text field? Still no way to officially acknowledge how broken F1 2017 was particularly online?

Plenty of free text fields over here... :p I guess they got the message.
But Bugmasters are extremely selective on here as to what they will answer or admit to.