Sign in to follow this  

What would be a good idea for F1 2018?

What would be nice for an evolution of career mode is if when all cars are fully upgraded, maybe have the difference between first and last be no more than like half a second- to 1 second. That way a strong quali in a Sauber could get you in the top 10 and a strong race could mean a podium or win. Or a poor race in a Merc could mean being outside the top 10. And this convergence should happen in like season 7 or 8.

From what you have listed here:

"ALL OPTIONS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA FOR F1 2018"

But then again, we can't forget that there are a sheer endless list of ideas on this forum that deserve recognition and got ignored by Codies for "whatever reason" (whether out of pure ignorance, financial limitation or lack of talent, we won't know for certain unless someone from Codies clarifies of course) in the past for the most part seeing as most of the "really awesome" suggestions didn't make it into the F1 game series til now.

But who knows what they have got in petto for this season, only time will tell.....

The interview should be brought back as it would be a great addition to the reputation system already in place. It would also add more immersion as you would actually feel like you are living in a real world and your choices make a difference to those around you. It would add a lot more to do off track which would mean there are more skills to master.

FRACTURED said:
None of them specifically stands out for me 

Same. There's nothing major I particularly want for it other than for it to work.

career mode, more information from team mate!! Track map and green and red color, which can see which driver is faster. Also good to see team mate settings!

test drives, interviews, and how about a career mode but you create a team instead of just a driver, you choose what engine to have, and who to sign to your team

career mode, more information from team mate!! Track map and green and red color, which can see which driver is faster. Also good to see team mate settings!
All that info should be part of a better telemetry system

I like the idea with the interviews and test driving. That would be more realistic and we had that kind in a previous game, am I right? I´m not sure if that wrote someone before, but a multiplayer career mode would be awesome. The Season mode (multiplayer) is fun but you dont have any progress so its really hard to drive with a small team.

All of them would be nice. Sidepod damage and rear damage would help too. Also, it would be nice to create a custom grid order. 

One thing I would like to see is a race start's from the pitlane just AFTER the start of a race after a penalty in qually (or a change in tyre pressures between qually and race)  while the other cars have started ON THE GRID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKfJTCvcf90

I like these ideas. In my opinion CM should take NBA 2K as an example as it has very nice in depth Career Mode with interviews, sponsor meetings, players changing teams, post game press conferences which affect your relationship with others and your fanbase etc. Not to mention that it has "GM" mode where you become the general manager of a team and "League mode" where you can create your own custom teams with custom sponsors. CM should add features like these in F1 and they will make one of the best racing games. Too bad it won't happen though 

Night races are only available when the track has those floodlights, which is why only a few circuits have night race choices

I don't want gimmick features. I want the game to be highly polished at release. F1 2017's career mode was totally broken at launch when played at 50% or 25% race length (components wore down way too fast). And the multiplayer mode has lots of room for improvement - just look at GTSport's amazing ranking and matchmaking system.

The new game needs to be well built from the start.After dealing with that , Codies should really consider working on online aspects.Fewer glitches and better gameplay.Consequently, Career mode is quite possibly the best aspect about the game.What is really needed here , is for the developers to find ways in order to make career mode an exciting part of the game after 6-7 seasons and not something you get bored with after a while.A better transition between seasons and throughout would be awesome maybe like pre season testing and media days , sponsor meetings , paddock free walks and so on.All of the ideas are great and have been mentioned over and over again , but i think it is a bit late in the development phase to include all these features in F1 2018. [or maybe not;)]

m260602 said:
What is really needed here , is for the developers to find ways in order to make career mode an exciting part of the game after 6-7 seasons and not something you get bored with after a while.
They don't want the game to be "TOO GOOD" or we might not come back next year 

Further development on the career mode. It was a step forward in 2017 but they need something to mix up the order a bit between seasons so the AI teams actually change as well. I'd like to see Winter Testing included in some way to influence the team performance somewhat. For example: We have the base order: Ferrari-Merc-Red Bull-Renault-Haas-Mclaren etc. Perhaps even at the start of season 1 in career you could change that order with winter testing depending on where you focus and how successful it is. Make it possible to start with Williams or something, have a successful start and end up on par with Renault in time for Melbourne Season 1. Do this between each season and it will make each season different and keep the interest going. Won't have the same results every year that way.

Alternatively, if that's not possible, a simple editor at the start of career where you can alter team performance to your preference. For those players who like to start several career saves this would be nice to change it up a bit and not have the same order every single time.

I would also like to see player terminal mechanical failures too. Make it an option to avoid the excuse of "annoying the players". There are some of us who would like that extra bit of immersion with the chance that our power unit might blow up at random. Having no player terminal failures a lot of the time makes winning the championship very easy when your rivals have 3 or 4 DNF's whereas the player has bulletproof reliability.

Sidewish: Reduce the part failure %.... 2017 made me think Chris is quite incompetent at his job.

should add on the list Live Car Launches on the list as this will boost the game to real life aspect, where you can go to the presentation with the media and your team car unravels, and then you get the option to watch rivals car launches, this would be huge if ever implemented