Sign in to follow this  

F1 - 2018 | Halo switch?

I'll get used to it just like I'm used to the Halo in reality and often don't really notice it.

Dosen't bother me either way .I could see the point if you use cockpit view but as I don't I doubt it would bother me too much assuming I got the game.

Sooner or later we will get used to it.I want to receive an experience as realistic as possible.I didn't liked the halo when it was presented, but now I'm eager to try racing with it.At the end everyone are free to choose which camera to use.If the halo in cockpit cam is such a big issue,the player always could switch to T cam or another one.So this discussion is a bit pointless,because nobody is locked to a particular camera and can always make changes to the FOV.I'm curios how many of the people saying that they want a button to switch off the halo, actually use cockpit cam.

It is the official game with all the licence's it is just inposible to add a way to disable it , all people must understand this 

If everything should be as realistic as possible, all camera positions should be removed except for the cockpit view, all driving aids and the Flashback option as well. ?

Again, I don’t understand the point of straight out oppose people from asking for such an option. If you don’t like it or don’t want to use it, that’s your freedom as well.

I guess there’s lots of people who like the cockpit view, but don’t want the halo obstructing their view like in this video (I know this is not F1 2018): https://youtu.be/9TymJxOen4Y

What about the possibility of having a helmet cam view like in Project Cars 2 and the new gameplay from Assetto Corsa Competizione?  They could use this view as purely how things look from the perspective of the driver including the semi-transparent look to the halo to simulate what the drivers actually see?

The question is, how is it made for cockpit view? If it made like in the video, I would prefer yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y243oh2Ryw

When you watch the video from 2:20 - 2:39, you can see that there is a bad view into the distance on the straight. Because the camera is in the middle of the drivers eyeglasses. But in real the drivers eyes are lateral offset to the right and left. So there will be a better view for the driver into the distance. 

Hold a pen in front of your face. If you look with just one eye, the background will be a bit obscured. But if you look with both eyes, you will see the whole background.

Just read the news, there is a on/off switch on cockpit cam.
Speculation is not nessecery anymore

When I looked at the gameplay I was surprised about how much view the halo actually covers but the halo is now part of F1 so I'll adapt to it. 

GotchaNL said:
If everything should be as realistic as possible, all camera positions should be removed except for the cockpit view, all driving aids and the Flashback option as well. ?

Again, I don’t understand the point of straight out oppose people from asking for such an option. If you don’t like it or don’t want to use it, that’s your freedom as well.

I guess there’s lots of people who like the cockpit view, but don’t want the halo obstructing their view like in this video (I know this is not F1 2018): https://youtu.be/9TymJxOen4Y
It's because of the competition.

If you are playing on your own it's not a problem if you can do anything in game. It only affects you. Whereas if you are playing in multiplayer and playing competitively, the idea that some players can turn it off because they can't master it damages the competitive point of the game. Imagine if Lewis Hamilton decided he couldn't master the halo in real life so decided he wanted rid of it. Would that happen ?!

Of course a lot of people don't care about it, even in multiplayer, but if you are getting into competitive esports where there can be a serious amount of money to be won/lost then it is an issue. At the highest level everyone has to be forced to have the same settings so they are advantaged/disadvantaged in the same way, and those settings should be as realistic to F1 as possible if Codies esports F1 is to gain credibility.

A lot of people will say it's only a game, who cares. But esports is getting bigger and more competitive.