Sign in to follow this  

Another "Traction Control is ALWAYS enabled on PAD" Thread

Mrbundgee said:
it wont last for long, if the usual wheel users complain enough CM will do something about it, even although wheel users are a minority. I mean its hard enough to race cars with a control pad yet wheel users will always want it to be harder for pad users as they see it as there right as wheel users to be faster than anyone with a pad, even if the pad player has been playing for years and years. its just the way it goes.
What a load of S;@t mate! It's a driving game so a steering wheel just makes sense. I don't drive to work everyday using a controller. Nobody wants it to be harder for libra pad users, online racers just want an even playing field. It takes a lot of skill to use the wheel with assists off in 2014 and still be competitive against an assisted flick of the thumbs. If the pad and wheel had exactly the same in game physics etc, the pad would be impossible to use. Then who'd be crying to CM??

certainly not me lol i'd just go buy a wheel and get on with it. realistically they sell more games on consoles which come with control pads so why would they make a game impossible to play with pads?

there is such an easy solution, when setting up a lobby for racing there should be an option of which controls to use, ie wheel or pad. Much fairer

it wont last for long, if the usual wheel users complain enough CM will do something about it, even although wheel users are a minority. I mean its hard enough to race cars with a control pad yet wheel users will always want it to be harder for pad users as they see it as there right as wheel users to be faster than anyone with a pad, even if the pad player has been playing for years and years. its just the way it goes.
I detect a touch of tongue-in-cheek, but if not you're missing the point entirely. 

We have a very competitive and established no assists league going. With F1 2011, the wheel users dominated slightly. With F1 2012/13, the pad users dominated slightly due to the steering assist. With F1 2014 we might as well run two separate races one for pad one for wheel. If it stays as-is, we're gonna have to abort the league, simple as that and just run assists leagues. 

Also, this is depriving pad users of the best handling model CM have ever come up with and we have some serious pad users that are more annoyed about this than the wheelie-boyz are.
I was hoping that they would balance the imbalance from last year, but instead they made it even worse..... The best way is to separate the league. I'm recommending that my league do the same.... 

in all honesty how can you make sure someone is using a pad or wheel, couldn't I for example join your league and tell you I play with a wheel then use the pad.

Knowing CM they will dumb down the handling on wheel although it's awesome.
Make the handling on pad more difficult instead, please.

Knowing CM they will dumb down the handling on wheel although it's awesome.
Make the handling on pad more difficult instead, please.
Yes, and possible to keep up with the AI in the rain without assists using a wheel on the higher difficulty settings..........it's impossible at the mo!!!

I found one of those wireless speed wheels (I know it's not a proper wheel but it makes the hidden assists turn off) kicking around the house and used it for a few mins on the game.. The handling with it is awesome!! The power delivery is exactly what I was hoping for in the first place and the car actually turns unlike on the pad!

If CM can make the pad handling like it is on the wheel I would be one happy chappy. Don't have the money to buy a proper wheel so that was the closest I could get and it was a far better game experience 

Who uses a pad to play a Formula One game? There are plenty of 'driving' games for those people. Mario Kart etc. 
Three top drivers in the best league in AOR (Apex Online Racing).
Youtube fisifan and watch the league race highlights. XmattyG and Limitless both uses a pad, and they are #1 and #2 in the championship.

Who uses a pad to play a Formula One game? There are plenty of 'driving' games for those people. Mario Kart etc. 
Three top drivers in the best league in AOR (Apex Online Racing).
Youtube fisifan and watch the league race highlights. XmattyG and Limitless both uses a pad, and they are #1 and #2 in the championship.
Guess why...

Anyway, I'll keep repeating until it's been fixed. Look, I don't have a problem with either keyboard or pad users. My concern is just that traction control and ABS are enabled without it being displayed. I don't bother racing you whether you enabled assists or not, I just want CM to make it only apply when enabled by the user.

Aye, its not a level playing field. If it wasn't for this contrast in grip and traction levels between wheel and pad, this would be a great game. As it stands, its ruined online racing. All the major leagues that support this game are contemplating not even running a league on this years game. The reason bugs like this aren't found during beta testing is because codemasters just give out preview builds for publicity.... to people who just upload videos to youtube in order to get views. If they want to iron out these bugs before release, they need to change their beta model. They should put it up for people on here to test it. People who aren't bothered about youtube popularity contests but actually want to make the game better. Year on year there are blatantly obvious issues in the game at release that would be spotted instantly if it was open to the community to test and not just a closed shop for the chosen few. This is why there is such a backlash every year, its that such obvious things are in the game in the first place and then the silent treatment from the development team just further adds to the frustration.

Pad has better traction in the wet than wheel has in the dry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Oj8BR2vr8

Read the description for the sp but in a nutshell, pad is over 2.5 seconds per lap faster than a wheel in the wet comparing relatively paced people on pad vs wheel. On pad, the guy was able to short shift into 3rd and then just floor the throttle and get no wheel spin. The guy on the wheel is getting wheel spin in 6th driving in a straight line. This is unbelievable how it can be this bad.

I'm confident that wet conditions with a wheel and no traction control on Legend AI is not possible! At the moment there is no point in racing in the wet on Career unless I put TC on which is not what I want to do. Needs sorting out. It's as if like 5% throttle is optimum, yet hit 5.1% throttle and you spin out. Intermediate conditions is much easier it seems.

in all honesty how can you make sure someone is using a pad or wheel, couldn't I for example join your league and tell you I play with a wheel then use the pad.
You are right, it has to be an option - Pad Only, Wheel Only, Both. This was asked for years ago, well just after release of F1 2012 to be precise when we realised pad was now faster than wheel. Don't get me wrong, pad/no assists is way harder than wheel, but in the right hands pad was quicker with 2012/13 and now it's got silly.

Have to say, this feels like a BUG to me, surely no-one's stupid enough to DESIGN it like this. Also, wheel feels like ABS is turned on as well, so even we have a hidden assist activated.

Yep, it definitely looks like the assist stays on even if you turn it off... I sincerely hope it is a bug and not by design, that would be ridiculous.

Seems like CM will be ignoring this totally. Just saw few tweets about this posted to  @T4RG4 & he seeming was shrugging it off completely saying its fine :(

johnnyw said:
Seems like CM will be ignoring this totally. Just saw few tweets about this posted to  @T4RG4 & he seeming was shrugging it off completely saying its fine :(
He seems completely delusional about the issues with this game. It's pretty obvious that everybody is unhappy with the pad handling but he just doesn't seem to get it. It's not fine at all, most leagues are in tatters because of it, basically putting fingers up to the dedicated online community

Well, there are purpose built racing pads as well like the Thrustmaster GPX pads, which I got specifically for F1 2013. I've had plenty of enjoyable, challenging races with it on last year's game with no assists except auto gears but this year, I feel like I'm being robbed somehow. ABS seems to be on when it shouldn't, hidden traction control takes away the challenge of the slow corners and the sluggish steering makes fast corners too slow. The whole thing just makes the game too easy.

in all honesty how can you make sure someone is using a pad or wheel, couldn't I for example join your league and tell you I play with a wheel then use the pad
I created a tool that we use at PRL to detect this (it also detected the 2013 cheats), it looks like we might have to roll this out to all of our divisions instead of just D1.  Has any one seen any official response on this issue from @hatta ?

No Feedback an any bug also with the tyres After qualyifing no Feedback so for the leagues is every year the same procedure. Wenn have to pospone the start due major issues. 

johnnyw said:
He seems completely delusional about the issues with this game. It's pretty obvious that everybody is unhappy with the pad handling but he just doesn't seem to get it. It's not fine at all, most leagues are in tatters because of it, basically putting fingers up to the dedicated online community
I tweeted Steve over the weekend about the traction issues using steering wheel in full wet conditions compared to the AI. Reply: The guys looked at it today. Got some interesting data. Will be reviewed.

There are aware of the issues here that we post and other social means of contact. Yes there is issues with the game most of them minor except for the Pad v Wheel. The game is playable and enjoyable not even close to the state BF4 was released a year ago which now only playable after the net-code game of hell.  I have had some epic races for my 37 Euro's worth compared to 120 Euro's of BF4 which gets the trophy for a broken ass game. 

Well, there are purpose built racing pads as well like the Thrustmaster GPX pads, which I got specifically for F1 2013. I've had plenty of enjoyable, challenging races with it on last year's game with no assists except auto gears but this year, I feel like I'm being robbed somehow. ABS seems to be on when it shouldn't, hidden traction control takes away the challenge of the slow corners and the sluggish steering makes fast corners too slow. The whole thing just makes the game too easy.
No doubt, i have the same pad you have. And was really good in the last games but now is totally wrong in all terms.
Also the steering is totally ridiculous...the 45 degrees lock kill pad players in fast corners and change directions is way worst than ever. I start to play with a wheel and also have the traction problems. All inputs have tragic problems.
- Much less traction in wheels, wet crazy bug
- Ridiculous wheel lock angle in fast corners for pads, the car "don't want to turn"
- Traction 10x stronger in keyboards.
I do a comparative video in the last days and is noticeable all this things. Using Red Bull Ring, pad is much faster in sector 2 and the wheel is much faster in sector 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42mwE_7Jg98

BossW said:
No doubt, i have the same pad you have. And was really good in the last games but now is totally wrong in all terms.
Also the steering is totally ridiculous...the 45 degrees lock kill pad players in fast corners and change directions is way worst than ever. I start to play with a wheel and also have the traction problems. All inputs have tragic problems.
- Much less traction in wheels, wet crazy bug
- Ridiculous wheel lock angle in fast corners for pads, the car "don't want to turn"
- Traction 10x stronger in keyboards.
I do a comparative video in the last days and is noticeable all this things. Using Red Bull Ring, pad is much faster in sector 2 and the wheel is much faster in sector 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42mwE_7Jg98

Nice videos Boss! 

This pretty much sums up all the inequalities if you ask me.  How can we even try to race competitively when there's this much difference?  Leaderboard times aren't going to mean anything.... league racing is going to be all over the place with inequality...

This is a racing game, where you'd think that even competitive gaming would be the #1 priority........

How do leagues deal with this?