Sign in to follow this  

The legend AI are too fast!!!

Sorry, i consider myself a fast driver, but i cannot push anymore than i am doing, but i can't compete with the AI, more so in quali....... In a top tier car i'm mid grid, and in anything lower than Mclaren i'm qualifying with the Caterhams and Marussias, Especially the tracks with many slow exit corners as the AI murder you in the slow stuff!!! How are others finding it?

Too much difference between Legend and Expert and Race Pace also this yea too quick elatively to the Qauli Pace ( and no tyre wear for CPU)

get better. ai is not too fast. stop whining, you only had the game for 2 days. practice
I'm not 'whining' as you put it, i just can't brake later than i already do, nor accelerate earlier........ FYI i'm using a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and no assists, and you?

A lot of other people are saying Legend is too slow! Please don't make Codemasters lower the difficulties even more!!
People assume they have the right to play on the hardest difficulty and it must match their pace. It's up to you to either lower your difficulty or improve. 
People that say the AI are too slow are probably using assists and a pad as the game is made for the more casual gamer, and it punishes players with a wheel like myself. Don't get me wrong i like a challenge and i don't want it changed, just asking for feedback from other players on how they find the Legend AI pace.... Also all the videos on YT from AAVARA, RyanL83 etc no way are they on legend AI in the cars they are driving in their career modes. In my career i'm driving a Lotus and i'm like 2 secs off the pace in Qualifying...... But i assure you i'm a competent racer (that's why i use a wheel with no assists) But it's just a bit too tough to start and it makes the career mode frustrating, not fun as it should be!

Lol been reading topics saying ai too slow for so long. CM can't win. How about not playing on legend????

Dez0808 said:
Lol been reading topics saying ai too slow for so long. CM can't win. How about not playing on legend????
Because as always the AI are too slow for me on Expert............. The gap is too big as previous years between Expert and Legend!

Dez0808 said:
Because as always the AI are too slow for me on Expert............. The gap is too big as previous years between Expert and Legend!
I think that's more a problem with the gap between expert and legend being too much. I don't think there are too many people that want the hardest difficulty to be reduced. More difficulties would be nice. How about just picking a better car?

Stevomock said:
Dez0808 said:
I think that's more a problem with the gap between expert and legend being too much. I don't think there are too many people that want the hardest difficulty to be reduced. More difficulties would be nice. How about just picking a better car?
Yes i agree, they should have a percentage slider bar for difficulty to custom to your own requirement. I've tried the better cars, the Force India is a decent car this year but the same story, last in Quali by a second and then battling with the back markers in the race (who are faster but as always don't try to pass).

No way is the legend AI too fast. I just won in a Williams by 30 seconds in a 25% race at Austria with legend AI. If anything they are too slow.

Chilza381 said:
No way is the legend AI too fast. I just won in a Williams by 30 seconds in a 25% race at Austria with legend AI. If anything they are too slow.
Using a pad or wheel?

Sorry, i consider myself a fast driver, but i cannot push anymore than i am doing, but i can't compete with the AI, more so in quali....... In a top tier car i'm mid grid, and in anything lower than Mclaren i'm qualifying with the Caterhams and Marussias, Especially the tracks with many slow exit corners as the AI murder you in the slow stuff!!! How are others finding it?

How are your sector times? Do you lose time in all sectors or just in one sector. If the later then it's your technique  you have to refine in that sector, or it could be the setup. If you lose time everywhere well then i'd recommend a ghost car in timetrial to see where you fall back... helped me a lot. That way i found out which sectors i suck and changed my driving style, but I haven't played '14 yet....

I race with a pad and no assists, I can race rhe legend AI easily on grand prix mode, but on career they are super fast. Only on Malaysia though, will probably get closer to them as upgrades get put on and everything

Chilza381 said:
Using a pad or wheel?
Wheel- G27 with no assists

I race with a pad and no assists, I can race rhe legend AI easily on grand prix mode, but on career they are super fast. Only on Malaysia though, will probably get closer to them as upgrades get put on and everything

That's why you are doing well, with a pad!! I use a wheel with no assists and it's impossible to keep up with the legend AI!! It's like 2 different games it seems from pad to wheel!!

That's why you are doing well, with a pad!! I use a wheel with no assists and it's impossible to keep up with the legend AI!! It's like to different games it seems from pad to wheel!!
That's the point of legend AI, it's supposed to be tough. Like I said before I'm a wheel user and have found legend AI to be very easy on many occasions, however I do think that the AI is quite inconsistent as they are much faster at some tracks than at others. Maybe the tracks where you've found it difficult is where the AI is best. If you find it too hard just put it down to expert.

The new thing that everyone skipped - the test to see what speed the AI should be doing. Put a few more days in and if you still can't catch the AI at Legend, use that instead - I assume that's what it's for.

I am also about half sec slower than my teammate at the mo (No assists, wheel, Legend) and if I can't catch him I will try this out. There are guys in our leagues who are over a second faster than me so even the new Legend speed will still be too slow for them - just like me  :\

get better. ai is not too fast. stop whining, you only had the game for 2 days. practice
I'm not 'whining' as you put it, i just can't brake later than i already do, nor accelerate earlier........ FYI i'm using a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel and no assists, and you?
Im using the same wheel and no assists. In F1 2013 i would lap all cars in a 50 % race, except for the top 4 or something.. it was just so easy.

When you get really good at these F1 games, the legend AI is just pathetic, and i have to use cars like Sauber and Toro Rosso, just to have a little bit of a challenge.

In 2014 im still getting used to the handling, so my pace is not there yet, but it will come, because i will practice till i become good. When that time comes, the AI will again this year be pathetic slow.

Just practice mate.. It doesnt come easy, i have driven with this wheel for 2 years, and it takes a lot of time to go from good to really good.

Chilza381 said:
That's why you are doing well, with a pad!! I use a wheel with no assists and it's impossible to keep up with the legend AI!! It's like to different games it seems from pad to wheel!!
That's the point of legend AI, it's supposed to be tough. Like I said before I'm a wheel user and have found legend AI to be very easy on many occasions, however I do think that the AI is quite inconsistent as they are much faster at some tracks than at others. Maybe the tracks where you've found it difficult is where the AI is best. If you find it too hard just put it down to expert.
Yes, tough, not nearly impossible!!!

Dez0808 said:
I agree I think that's the only answer  or at least an extra level in between Expert and Legend maybe we had the problem last year where Amateur was moved up to make the game more challenging at the higher levels for those that wanted a more sim experience and those of us that were happy on the old Amateur settings. Now that Amateur is back in line with the assists so that those of us who use them can race the AI now I don't want to see the same mistake being made again. I'm not begrudging those that want more challenging levels as everyone has their own capabilities or lack thereof. I think in the event that there is too big a gap for people  to bridge in future that CM will have to close them by adding extra settings rather than closing them up as for me that's what caused 2013's problems in the first place and why there was a lot of complaints about the AI being too hard.

The problem in career mode is that the cars are not fully upgraded so you struggle for traction, tire life, and downforce.  BUT your teammate and the AI cars do not stuggle for the traction part because the AI have traction control.  That is the problem.