Sign in to follow this  

The legend AI are too fast!!!

NickDahy said:
The problem in career mode is that the cars are not fully upgraded so you struggle for traction, tire life, and downforce.  BUT your teammate and the AI cars do not stuggle for the traction part because the AI have traction control.  That is the problem.
Exactly, the AI cars run with all the upgrades already done, very unfair and not very enjoyable as to me it's impossible. Now doing R&D at Cataluña and i had to do a 1:31 on worn tyres over 3 laps to receive the upgrade, the best i could do was a 1:32.3, and the fastest car was doing a 1:26.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a competent driver with a wheel, so how can i be so slow????? There's something wrong here!

AI is fine, great fun. If it's too hard, drop it down a level. At least the difficulty levels are beginning to cover all skill ranges.

Gav25182 said:
AI is fine, great fun. If it's too hard, drop it down a level. At least the difficulty levels are beginning to cover all skill ranges.
Umpteen people have said this to me today but expert is to easy!!!!!!!! The gap is too big between expert and legend!

A lot of other people are saying Legend is too slow! Please don't make Codemasters lower the difficulties even more!!
People assume they have the right to play on the hardest difficulty and it must match their pace. It's up to you to either lower your difficulty or improve. 
People that say the AI are too slow are probably using assists and a pad as the game is made for the more casual gamer, and it punishes players with a wheel like myself. Don't get me wrong i like a challenge and i don't want it changed, just asking for feedback from other players on how they find the Legend AI pace.... Also all the videos on YT from AAVARA, RyanL83 etc no way are they on legend AI in the cars they are driving in their career modes. In my career i'm driving a Lotus and i'm like 2 secs off the pace in Qualifying...... But i assure you i'm a competent racer (that's why i use a wheel with no assists) But it's just a bit too tough to start and it makes the career mode frustrating, not fun as it should be!

Is that 2 seconds off the pace compared to teammate, or compared to leaders? I mean for Lotus it is pretty realistic to be 2 seconds off the pace compared to the leaders.

My main gripe about this game has always been that the difficulty setting are setup badly. Why not have a percentage system, with each percentage point making the AI 1 tenth faster. That way everyone can customize their difficulty to optimize their experience. Of course, to do this, they also need to fix the AI level across different circuits, and make the AI speed the same when advancing time and fix the AI first lap / corner speed.

Also, in my opinion. The difficulty level should never be set compared to the leaders, it should be set based on your teammate. If you have a good lap you should be about 3 to 4 tenths faster then your team mate, no more then that. Where you end up on the grid with that depends on the car performance. With Marussia doing that means only fighting with your team mate and the Caterham, with Mercedes it means only having you teammate as a challenge. It may not be fun to not battle above your team potential, but it is the only way you really get satisfaction of landing that deal with a higher team in career mode (and the sense of what F1 is really about to a racing driver).

For me this games as a great gameplay (I was fed up with 2012 and 2013 which were the same).  Thank you codemasters and the AI is just perfect, this gives us a great challenge. before it was too easy. 

Given how easily people mod this game to provide an AI slider, I don't see why Codies can't come up with something adaptive. Have people do a race or something like the old YDT to gauge their capabilities and provide 3 levels around that pace. One slightly below their standard for people who like to dominate, one a perfect fit for their current ability and one that is a step harder for later use when they've got better at the game. 

Gav25182 said:
Umpteen people have said this to me today but expert is to easy!!!!!!!! The gap is too big between expert and legend!
The gap between expert and legend is 2 seconds, if you are 2 secs off the back of the pack on legend how can expert be too easy for you???

It seems that some players using the same setup find the AI easy and some don't. As was mentioned earlier it must be down to who puts in more practice than others.

Because the gap is too big between expert and legend with regards to AI pace!!!
You havent answered my question. The difference between legend and expert is 2 seconds, so how can expert be too easy for u when u r 2 seconds off the back of the pack on legend????? You are making no sense so unless you have more specifi examples we r going to assume your just a kid with a cheap wheel who is frustrated he cant keep up with ppl with better equipment and set up experience

I'm at a very similar pace level to you by the sound of it and I've put it on expert for the start of career. I'm now matching my team mate as a result. Once all the upgrades are done I'll up it to legend to balance it out.

If the difficulty is to hard on legend go to expert? People expect to be able to win in the mclaren and force india and lower teams.. The legend ai are perfect, if you dont make mistakes you can do well, make a mistake you drop back, like real life

Because the gap is too big between expert and legend with regards to AI pace!!!
You havent answered my question. The difference between legend and expert is 2 seconds, so how can expert be too easy for u when u r 2 seconds off the back of the pack on legend????? You are making no sense so unless you have more specifi examples we r going to assume your just a kid with a cheap wheel who is frustrated he cant keep up with ppl with better equipment and set up experience
What's your problem?? To answer your question if i play the game on expert i beat the AI (just the Mercs give me competition) But on Legend i'm stone dead last all the time or a mobile traffic jam in races!!!! With all this i'm refering to Career mode with no assists on a wheel, the only way to keep up with the AI would be to drive in an unrealistic way (braking ridiculously late which doesn't really make you any quicker as you just run wide and overheat the tyres, which just makes you slide more accelerating out of the same corner) That's why the possibility of engine blow ups was removed in F1 2011 with a patch, so you could slow the car with just gear changes in an unrealistic way and that driving style is being needed now this year again (also that's why you can''t lock up the brakes this year!) And no, i'm not a little kid, i'm 34 and i started playing games when i was 2 years old on my brother's spectrum 48k and Nintendo Game and Watch handheld games! And the wheel i use is not cheap! Clear enough for you now?

Watch this video from 28:00 mins and see how ridiculous the game is in the rain with no assists with a wheel and then tell me it's realisitic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8P0EIFdxhU#t=2741

At least the AI on Legend are quick and competitive, I am a competitive driver in leagues and online however finding it difficult for Williams on career, 12th in both the first two races however at least it's challenging for a change not really easy like on F1 2011 where winning in a HRT was easy. The Ai are a step forward and we all should be pleased about it. 

7thGearRL said:
At least the AI on Legend are quick and competitive, I am a competitive driver in leagues and online however finding it difficult for Williams on career, 12th in both the first two races however at least it's challenging for a change not really easy like on F1 2011 where winning in a HRT was easy. The Ai are a step forward and we all should be pleased about it. 
I'm not complaining about the AI pace in that way, I'm saying it's not very equal if the AI have traction control and all upgrades already on the car at the start of the career, which makes them so much faster. especially in the wet! It was the same in 2013 until they patched it!

may I ask, how do you know the ai have traction control?
@Hatta confirmed that the not so 'hot lap' videos that the cars were driven by the AI and had TC! Of course this doesn't confirm that the cars in career mode etc have TC, but the fact that the AI cars are on rails, never have power on oversteer nor wheel spin says to me that they have it!! Try going round the last corner of Melbourne without TC and see if you can stay on the AI car ahead of you for example, on legend and see how you get on! You will see the AI pull away with TC....... Remember they are being driven by a computer, that in itself is TC!!!!

so what are you actually complaining about if by what you say about the ai being driven by computer is a form of TC is true. maybe the ai are doing what is done in real life?? short shifting.

so what are you actually complaining about if by what you say about the ai being driven by computer is a form of TC is true. maybe the ai are doing what is done in real life?? short shifting.
Who's complaining?????? I've made observations that's all!! Why don't you believe the AI have TC? So in a 100% race not 1 of the 21 AI cars never have a power on over steer moment? This wouldn't be  impossible, even for a computer. This is also why the AI almost never make mistakes, They have driving assists on!

ok one or two question marks was enough.

how do you know that not a single car had a tiny mistake like a bit oversteer, how is it even possible to know that? normally when I play im watching what im doing not watching to see if a single ai car makes a mistake

ok one or two question marks was enough.

how do you know that not a single car had a tiny mistake like a bit oversteer, how is it even possible to know that? normally when I play im watching what im doing not watching to see if a single ai car makes a mistake

This is like an interragation!! lol! When i have cars around me they never make mistakes (except Monaco where they always hit the wall at Rasse Casse in a clumsy way but continue.... veeeery realistic!) the cars are on rails out of all corners........ If you have never noticed this pay more attention from now on with the AI and their lack of mistakes! Are you a CM employee or something? why do you question everything i say? I can have an opinion you  know!

nobody said you cant have an opinion im just intrigued to know how you know all of this, so in fact you don't know if every single car never makes a mistake you just assume they don't because the cars around you don't, well that could be the case.

questioning you? that's what forums are all about questioning what people say.  when you make claims like every car never makes a mistake i'd like to see eveidence not just because you think they don't that's all

pay more attention to ai? they are normally behind me so im not to sure how to do that lol

Didnt codemasters make toca touring cars which had the difficulty slider like 15 years ago? Did that employee leave and was the only guy who knew how to implement it?