Sign in to follow this  

I'm starting to really enjoy playing this game

It's really getting me addicted this game. I can't stop playing it. I like the challenge of having to save your tyres against the other AI cars, having to save fuel more often and having to constantly keep your tyres warm around the track during the race. also the AI are slightly more aggressive and feisty compared to previous games I've played in this series. So hats off to Codemasters, this has made the game a good challenge this year and more addictive to play!

Had a really good moment in the game today where I realised just how good this year's game actually is. It was Q2 in Brazil with 5 minutes left in the session and the rain was getting lighter and I was in the Caterham in the pit and hadn't run a lap of qualifying yet as there was a 25% chance of rain in Q2. So I was waiting for the rain to stop and the track to try out a bit before going out. But I took my chance and went out on intermediate tyres anyway. My first lap put me into 16th and the track was drying out now as it had stopped raining. My gamble didn't pay off as there was not enough time to get back to pit, jump onto option tyres, then come out for 1 flying lap. So I decided to set two more flying laps on my inters anyway whilst I was out there with enough of a fuel load, but my times obviously didn't improve on my first lap as the track was getting dryer by the minute. When the session had ended I was in 16th place, but it was clear by looking at the race director that 4 of the AI cars had gambled in the last few minutes by going out on option tyres whereas none of the other AI cars or I did, and they ultimately set the top times for the Q2 session, 3 of those 4 AI cars were in the drop zone for the Q2 session before they went out on the option tyres, so the gamble obviously worked out for them. It shows how much variance the AI use in their tyre strategies and they don't all do the same thing, unlike previous games where they would have all jumped onto slicks at the same time. Variation in AI tyre strategies is also evident in races as well, and this is fantastic to see.

It's little moments like these that make the new game great, highly addictive and enjoyable to play for me. If you do add any patches to the current game Codemasters, please don't change very much about it, especially not the AI strategy, their aggresiveness, or their tyre wear. I'm starting to really enjoy this game as it is in it's current format. Obviously there are still a few errors to iron out here or there, but for me the positives are now starting to far outweigh the negatives with this game and it's fun and addictive to play, especially when some great things like what I described in my paragraph above happen in the game.

Strange how people aren't responding to your positive thread, really good to hear and I'm also seeing some more realistic moments in the game 

It's really getting me addicted this game. I can't stop playing it. I like the challenge of having to save your tyres against the other AI cars, having to save fuel more often and having to constantly keep your tyres warm around the track during the race. also the AI are slightly more aggressive and feisty compared to previous games I've played in this series. So hats off to Codemasters, this has made the game a good challenge this year and more addictive to play!

Had a really good moment in the game today where I realised just how good this year's game actually is. It was Q2 in Brazil with 5 minutes left in the session and the rain was getting lighter and I was in the Caterham in the pit and hadn't run a lap of qualifying yet as there was a 25% chance of rain in Q2. So I was waiting for the rain to stop and the track to try out a bit before going out. But I took my chance and went out on intermediate tyres anyway. My first lap put me into 16th and the track was drying out now as it had stopped raining. My gamble didn't pay off as there was not enough time to get back to pit, jump onto option tyres, then come out for 1 flying lap. So I decided to set two more flying laps on my inters anyway whilst I was out there with enough of a fuel load, but my times obviously didn't improve on my first lap as the track was getting dryer by the minute. When the session had ended I was in 16th place, but it was clear by looking at the race director that 4 of the AI cars had gambled in the last few minutes by going out on option tyres whereas none of the other AI cars or I did, and they ultimately set the top times for the Q2 session, 3 of those 4 AI cars were in the drop zone for the Q2 session before they went out on the option tyres, so the gamble obviously worked out for them. It shows how much variance the AI use in their tyre strategies and they don't all do the same thing, unlike previous games where they would have all jumped onto slicks at the same time. Variation in AI tyre strategies is also evident in races as well, and this is fantastic to see.

It's little moments like these that make the new game great, highly addictive and enjoyable to play for me. If you do add any patches to the current game Codemasters, please don't change very much about it, especially not the AI strategy, their aggresiveness, or their tyre wear. I'm starting to really enjoy this game as it is in it's current format. Obviously there are still a few errors to iron out here or there, but for me the positives are now starting to far outweigh the negatives with this game and it's fun and addictive to play, especially when some great things like what I described in my paragraph above happen in the game.

Yes your right, i can't get on it for my 10 year old grandson, only played on it for 1hr since yesterday. Was so disapointed at the lack of added features in career but i must say CM have done a really good job.

driveroz im enjoying it too only the AI dont suffer tyre deg as much as i am and before anyone jumps on the dude learn to save your tyres crap im a dinosaur set in my ways i grew up in the bush and we drive sideways and standing on bc going slow to finish high or economy running aint racing so they do Need to make the tyre wearfor AI more evident bc i dont see it im on the verge of moving up difficulty to watever comes after pro only id drop to bottom of mid pack at end of stint where in pro with tyre wear i can hang on to a points finish perhaps in a suaber so far in career mode i won 1 race on speed (canada i always manage to find extra speed over the AI even with worst cars) tho it was close all the way had them up my ass a lot and brittish gp they all did a radbury and fell over themselfs and i said thankyou yoink gifted 25 points lol but yeah i dont like tyre wear is set for playerand doesnt seem to be on AI again like last year still enjoying the new game an cars

I'm wondering if the resources they saved by cutting out classics and the YDT have gone into making better AI as it's definitely their best AI yet IMO. This would make sense as the AI is something they'd be carrying over into next gen. They are so feisty and they also seem to have different traits. In a career race Alonso was a lot more patient about getting past me, trying to save fuel and nab me in the pitstops whereas Hamilton was all over the back of me constantly, very aggressive. 

Tommahawk said:
driveroz im enjoying it too only the AI dont suffer tyre deg as much as i am and before anyone jumps on the dude learn to save your tyres crap im a dinosaur set in my ways i grew up in the bush and we drive sideways and standing on bc going slow to finish high or economy running aint racing so they do Need to make the tyre wearfor AI more evident bc i dont see it im on the verge of moving up difficulty to watever comes after pro only id drop to bottom of mid pack at end of stint where in pro with tyre wear i can hang on to a points finish perhaps in a suaber so far in career mode i won 1 race on speed (canada i always manage to find extra speed over the AI even with worst cars) tho it was close all the way had them up my ass a lot and brittish gp they all did a radbury and fell over themselfs and i said thankyou yoink gifted 25 points lol but yeah i dont like tyre wear is set for playerand doesnt seem to be on AI again like last year still enjoying the new game an cars
Without doubt the longest sentence I have ever read...

I don't know what you guys are smoking, but the AI hasn't gotten any better. Infact i would go so far as to say they haven't done anything at all to the AI.
They exhibit the exact same behaviour as they did in 2013. 

Sure they seem faster this year, but that's mostly a function of the player suffering from increased wheelspin while the AI doesn't.