F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 xbox one x and kinect

Kinect is the voice recognition system that Microsoft provides gaming-optimised APIs for. Until they do the same for Cortana, there's not a lot CM can do. (Other than write their own, which they're not going to do for one platform.)

Xbox sucks in a lot of ways. Cortana is not support in Holland so if they decide to upgrade Cortana, is not going to be of much use than. Button mapping, to name another big issue.

Unfortunatly I'm the happy owner of One

Same in italy cortana is not supported.

For button mapping in game you can map the button. BUT for wheel missing lsb and rsb button. (The analog stick button)

Sure this problem is 99% fault by microsoft not codemaster but i hope, codemaster push microsoft to add more api to resolve this problem.

Hi marcel now in alpha ring on xbox Cortana support italian languages.

i hope all languages is supported before f1 release

Thanks for the update. If they also work on button mapping I will fall in love with the XB1. I came from PS4, and in all honesty, Playstation is ahead by a decade. Needed to change to XB1 because all my league/LAN friends drive with Xbox. Fools.

"READER BEWARE, RANT AHEAD"

@1512marcel

>.....Playstation is ahead by a decade.

Not really, imho they suck at building long lasting consoles (the lightbulb principle is very common in todays day and age to indirectly make the customers buy new hardware devices over and over again instead of paying once and being set for life), don't have stable servers (seriously, they get paid billions of bucks but are too stingy to actually use more and better servers?), offer bad game selections for PS+ (Indiestation 4), got less gimmick features than their competitors (no 4k discdrive / bad UI / internet connection being bottlenecked etc.) and are massively underpowered whilst being overpriced (XBone X > PS4 Pro).

PC Gaming > Console Gaming

In all honesty, SONY are a bunch of greedy folks, PS-Support is a joke and quite mysteriously the hardware almost always seems to fail or break and shatter into tiny pieces right after the very small time limit of warranty runs out.

I only got digitally downloaded games in my library and no discs after having to experience multiple discdrive failures, but after system patch 5.00 was launched we can't use PS4 systems with a faulty discdrive anymore, as the console won't update if even "trivial parts" of the hardware, such as the LED's, for some reason are not reacting, meaning; 

-either repair it yourself (but most parts of the PS4 are locked to their respective serial number, so you can't just order random parts from the web and get it fixed that easily especially as the PS4 CUH-1000 series got very very very rare parts to find making the price climb up ridiculously high)

-pay at least 99 bucks (apparently it's their universal price for all repairments) to SONY so they can repair it for you no matter how small the defect might be,

-pay over 50+ bucks to some private pawnshop to get a repairment (they usually charge over 100 - 150 bucks for more complex situations and the "professionals" in my city said it'd be at least a figure of 180 bucks to get my PS4 fixed),

-or buy yourself a brand new (or even used) PS4 system once again with the risk of another failure etc. just to play digitally downloaded games.....

Before the 5.00 patch went live everything was fine and many people were able to keep playing digitally downloaded games, but now you can't even connect to the internet anymore to get your console updated (error code: SU-42118-6).

This was my 5th PS4 ffs.

My 1st i bought at launch but it died due to overheating issues, my 2nd i got a year later but it died due to a faulty motherboard, i bought my 3rd, 4th and 5th simultaneously at a Black Friday deal here in Germany but one died due to the discdrive pretty much rattling until the console stopped functioning completely and the other died due to the power brick exploding which made the wall in my room go up in flames, my 5th one had a malfunctioning discdrive from the day i unboxed it but it was functioning perfectly for digital gaming up until patch 5.00 was released.

SONY very likely saw the opportunity to earn some more quick bucks this way, as usual they took the chance.....

I for sure won't ever buy another console from SONY anymore.

#F***SONY

PS: XBone doesn't have this problem as i checked it thoroughly by playing on it without the discdrive being connected, worked flawlessly, and my three XBone consoles (XBone / XBone S / XBone X) are still running.

If they also work on button mapping I will fall in love with the XB1. 
There's an app for that. Basic button mapping available to all. Advanced mapping on the Elite pad for dead zones and reaction speed for Sticks and Triggs. Search "Accessories" in app store.

Like, Damn, LilBrown on your 5th PS4? Siounds liek Xbox 360 RROD levels of crap.

Still on an xbox day one here.

@FRACTURED

Yep, this seems to be quite normal with SONY consoles imo, if you take all the cases of "reported" hardware failures and do the maths compared to the officially listed sales of the PS4, it "feels" as if every 3 - 4 out of 10 SONY consoles or accessory devices are going to die sooner than later or are dead on arrival.

Of course this is just "guess work" and the actual numbers might vary quite significantly to either side of the spectrum, but this ain't a new trend at all as their PS3 systems were just as flawed, especially the Super Slim.

NES. Never ever failed for about 5 years when it went to the attic. 

Mega Drive:
Same deal, never failed and eventually retired.

PsOne: 2 replacements, 1 around the time of GTA2 Launch (both due to that nice blue box on the rear that allowed me to let's say, get games cheaper? They caused issues with the disc drive eventually) Paid for by me**
Obviously I bought the retail copy of Codies/Jester: Music. 

PS2: 3 replacements. All definitely paid for by me. 2 disc drives and another just went pop one night on GTA4 I think, simming Lemans. 

Original Xbox. Absolute Tank. If its still alive I reckon it would start. So many good tunes on the HDD. Last I saw it was unfortunately locked in a shed where I lost the key the week I moved 90 miles away from it. 

Xbox 360: I think I had 4 or 5.1st one RROD replacement, 2nd one replaced for some error I can't recall but not RROD. Their might have been another in here somewhere. Otherwise, 3rd one traded to get the black colored one which died eventually but lasted well enough. Think it died before a league race in the middle of the month no less, and so final one was the cheapy 4gb smallest one they released toward the end. Kid still uses it now, I guess its 5 or 6 years later. Absolute Tank. 

Xbox One, Day One edition. With f1'15 coming, wanted one but was in a bad summer full of friends weddings. Found one local on Gumtree, guy wanted a quick sell to get on PCars with his mates on PS4 and whatever wheel he had didn't work (not sure if moving to PS4 helped that situation), so it was a steal BUT came with FIFA 14 and Forza 5. Naaaaah.
So had to get PCars also. Was pretty impressed. 
Still going now, no issues, run external SSD and worst it does is sound like a jet taking off when I switch from PUBG (digital) to FIFA 18(Disc).

A mixed bag in the end. OP I would give you my Kinect if you can find the ridiculously overpriced adapter. Shipping to Italy...cant see that being good for the delivery price but if codies refund my PayPal I would send it you  :*

**Probably Dad

Ty Fractured. 
No i open this post only to understand if microsoft has provided to codemaster another way to talk with engineer.

FRACTURED said:
NES. Never ever failed for about 5 years when it went to the attic. 

Mega Drive:
Same deal, never failed and eventually retired.

PsOne: 2 replacements, 1 around the time of GTA2 Launch (both due to that nice blue box on the rear that allowed me to let's say, get games cheaper? They caused issues with the disc drive eventually) Paid for by me**
Obviously I bought the retail copy of Codies/Jester: Music. 

PS2: 3 replacements. All definitely paid for by me. 2 disc drives and another just went pop one night on GTA4 I think, simming Lemans. 

Original Xbox. Absolute Tank. If its still alive I reckon it would start. So many good tunes on the HDD. Last I saw it was unfortunately locked in a shed where I lost the key the week I moved 90 miles away from it. 

Xbox 360: I think I had 4 or 5.1st one RROD replacement, 2nd one replaced for some error I can't recall but not RROD. Their might have been another in here somewhere. Otherwise, 3rd one traded to get the black colored one which died eventually but lasted well enough. Think it died before a league race in the middle of the month no less, and so final one was the cheapy 4gb smallest one they released toward the end. Kid still uses it now, I guess its 5 or 6 years later. Absolute Tank. 

Xbox One, Day One edition. With f1'15 coming, wanted one but was in a bad summer full of friends weddings. Found one local on Gumtree, guy wanted a quick sell to get on PCars with his mates on PS4 and whatever wheel he had didn't work (not sure if moving to PS4 helped that situation), so it was a steal BUT came with FIFA 14 and Forza 5. Naaaaah.
So had to get PCars also. Was pretty impressed. 
Still going now, no issues, run external SSD and worst it does is sound like a jet taking off when I switch from PUBG (digital) to FIFA 18(Disc).

A mixed bag in the end. OP I would give you my Kinect if you can find the ridiculously overpriced adapter. Shipping to Italy...cant see that being good for the delivery price but if codies refund my PayPal I would send it you  :*

**Probably Dad
I suppose I have been very lucky over the years. Never had a single faillure with my consoles, in fact I still have my last PS3 which is still going strong. Regarding Sony being greedy (red. LilBrown47  ;) , I think greedy is the wrong word. Because of the competition they look for ways of drawing their customers being exclusive and protecting their market. So in a way we as customers demanding faster, smoother machines are partly responsible for this and I really don’t mind about that. Competition means faster improvement and introduction of new features and we all want that I guess. Having it and not performing as advertised comes later and raises discussions like we have now. Same goes for the F1 series. 

My point stating that the PS is ahead by a decade finds it’s origin in that I have seen my friends struggling with their Lego Xbox 360 being held together with ductape and improvising constantly to keep it working while a never had a single issue with my PS. In a way, that was a good thing; you could keep it going with a toothpick and a rubber band. Next to this, features I was looking for were already available on the PS, long before MS introduced it. Just the simple fact that the Xbox controllers still need batteries, for crying out loud. Eventually I had to switch to Xbox because with the arrival of the One, none off my friends could provide me with a spare one during our LAN raceweekends. Before that there were always plenty of spares available.

To be honest, I’m quite happy with the One I own, but having a Fanatec wheel with plenty of buttons which I can’t use is solely a MS issue. The button mapping software you mentioned will not work on my Fanatec wheel so I still have a lot of buttons that work as throttle, brake and clutch. On the PS I could easily map them. Recently added keybord support is a step in the right direction but that has to be supported in game (Project Cars 2) so now button boxes might become available. And the new McLaren replica wheel which is due to arrive in the next months will be a great improvement button wise.

As expected, we don't have voice support without Kinect. This is so annoying, mainly for all of us using One X (and even One S). We must use something that isn't even produced anymore.

By the way, does anyone here know if Kinect can recognized without difficulties our voices from distance even with car engine volume? Or we need also to play with low volume in order to use voice command? 

(This is so ridiculous, by the way. Can't belive Microsoft is still living in the past related to game voice commands.) 

As expected, we don't have voice support without Kinect. This is so annoying, mainly for all of us using One X (and even One S). We must use something that isn't even produced anymore.

By the way, does anyone here know if Kinect can recognized without difficulties our voices from distance even with car engine volume? Or we need also to play with low volume in order to use voice command? 

(This is so ridiculous, by the way. Can't belive Microsoft is still living in the past related to game voice commands.) 

You just know they are saving it for neXtbox