Sign in to follow this  

My thoughts on pad handling

I'm I the only one think's the handling's ok maybe a small change is need to response times but if that happens it will become next to impossible to overtake unless the guy ahead make some sort of mistake. I nervous with this sorry codemasters but you're reputation with patches in the past they almost certainly ruin the entire game

gprince said:
I agree.
This game is fixable yet of CM give us a patch. I just played it with the pad over-riding it with steering wheel controls. It's beautiful... traction control OFF! But steering sensitivity is crazy... but at least I can spin the car out..
I'd sooner play it broken like this than dumbed down.
ALL CM need to do is make the driving aids turn off like they should.
You just need to do that with Steering Linearity at 100%.... then perfect pad controls!

always too nervous to drive 

It takes a setting to set the sensitivity to speed 
And a setting for the speed of the steering

After our first league practise race (no assists) I can concur with everything said in this thread - when following a pad user I was faster going into a corner then left for dust coming out. They need two fixes:-

1) Better turn-in
2) NO traction control.(when it's supposed to be switched off)

Ironically, by trying to help pad users yet again, Codies have succeeded in pissing them off instead. This is the best handling Codemasters game ever and even though pad users can now beat us, they won't have the same fun.

Please fix and get it right first time CM, we know we don't get many chances.

The best handling so far? are you mad? F1 2013 was perfect, great handling etc. Now I am struggling for pace like a mad man! The turn in is horrible, there is no way to create oversteer (what I like) and there is just one ideal racing line, you can't make your own because you'll lose time that way. You cant use your own driving style now, you have to use the one that is handed to you!

In what menu? 
Driving Controls.  Set Control Config to Custom, then Override Input Device Type to Steering Wheel
That's impossible for me. The bottom 2 settings are blanked out. Only 'control config' and 'view/customise config' are able to be changed.
Maybe try changing a button first to enable the Custom option?

gprince said:
I agree.
This game is fixable yet of CM give us a patch. I just played it with the pad over-riding it with steering wheel controls. It's beautiful... traction control OFF! But steering sensitivity is crazy... but at least I can spin the car out..
I'd sooner play it broken like this than dumbed down.
ALL CM need to do is make the driving aids turn off like they should.
You just need to do that with Steering Linearity at 100%.... then perfect pad controls!
You're kidding right?  Its good since it turns the Aids off,  but far from a fix.