Sign in to follow this  

2014 is shite...

Why does it feel like assists are on even though they're all off?

I cannot lock up my tyres despite how hard I try, I cannot spin up the rears at all, it feels like throttle assists are on and I'm using a digital trigger or something... like playing Mario Kart. The only time I struggle coming out of the corners is when the tyre wear is high but the A.I aren't affected by it, just like they aren't with the rain and are super fast. The cars brake too good now, again it feels like assists are on, the cars also turn too perfect, it feels like you have the hand of god just pushing you down to the race track.. ..

I dunno what Codemasters were trying to do with this game but these F1 games constantly are trying to appeal casual fans and are constantly being dumbed down. No casuals are going to play F1 games, they are for the fans, if you aren't a fan of the sport you wont be playing these games, they're a niche title! So why not just go full out simulation? I miss the tyre and fuel simulation of 2011 and the pull practises, I wanted the games to go even further with the sim stuff  like with proper car failures, a better damage model, the parade lap and actually having a realistic safety car a penalty system.

But no F1 2014 is by far the worst in the series. 

It feels like assists are on because they are... If you are using a pad. Traction control is on whether you want it or not and it doesn't matter if you switch it off. It says it is off but it is not. It must be a bug because throttle application on the wheel is very difficult and not like it is on pad at all. I wouldn't be surprised if braking was messed up too because it does feel very easy without ABS.

Like I said in another post, I don't want a wheel, I had one before, I don't like the effort of using them, I have a car in real life for that.

The point he is making is that the game is broken if you use a pad. Its not a wheel vs pad is better debate... its that on a wheel the game is working as it should. Hopefully they patch out the broken handling on the pad.

The thing that angers me with stuff like this is that given just a short time with the game, testers SHOULD be able to notice stuff like this. I guess it's down to the consumer to be the tester again...

Calling for more simulation and playing with a pad doesn't really go together, i think. I mean a pad will never be the real thing... In my opinion you have to use a wheel to really benefit from a simulation.  I tried a pad once and it felt horrible....i mean steering with my thumb !?! I actually envy folks who can do it...

Saying play with a wheel doesn't fix the problem, it just means I wont play the game at all. 

I play all racing games with simulation settings on a pad just fine, I want the option there, I don't want to be restricted because a developer has decided it should be a wheel setting, not a controller.

The assists are there to dumb it down if people want to dumb it down... If people want to turn assists off, they should get the assists turned off experience. It shouldn't matter whether they choose to race on a wheel or pad. This is effectively 2 different games depending on what controller you use. No assists should be no assists.

Tixylix said:
Why does it feel like assists are on even though they're all off?

I cannot lock up my tyres despite how hard I try, I cannot spin up the rears at all, it feels like throttle assists are on and I'm using a digital trigger or something... like playing Mario Kart. The only time I struggle coming out of the corners is when the tyre wear is high but the A.I aren't affected by it, just like they aren't with the rain and are super fast. The cars brake too good now, again it feels like assists are on, the cars also turn too perfect, it feels like you have the hand of god just pushing you down to the race track.. ..

I dunno what Codemasters were trying to do with this game but these F1 games constantly are trying to appeal casual fans and are constantly being dumbed down. No casuals are going to play F1 games, they are for the fans, if you aren't a fan of the sport you wont be playing these games, they're a niche title! So why not just go full out simulation? I miss the tyre and fuel simulation of 2011 and the pull practises, I wanted the games to go even further with the sim stuff  like with proper car failures, a better damage model, the parade lap and actually having a realistic safety car a penalty system.

But no F1 2014 is by far the worst in the series. 
Are you running with the pad or wheel, with the wheel its far from shite mate.

Tixylix said:
Like I said in another post, I don't want a wheel, I had one before, I don't like the effort of using them, I have a car in real life for that.

Then live with it till a patch comes.

Don't play the game then, if you want a codemasters F1 game without pad assists, it doesn't exist, every game has had some sort of assist so go out and get yourself a wheel if you dont want assists - that is the only fix.