Sign in to follow this  

Enter & ESC keys not working right in F1 2017

Question

Hi Everyone,

I've been running F1 2017 a lot lately, as I'm really enjoying it a great deal more than the last time I tried running it. It took a while to get everything set to my liking, where the Force Feedback on my OSW wheel was right, and the view looked correct o(on triple screens), but now that I have I'm pretty happy. BUT, I've ran into a problem... My ESC and ENTER keys on my keyboard no longer work for escaping out or advancing through the start pages. I used to be able to Accept/Advance by hitting the Enter key, and go Back/Cancel by hitting the  ESC key... But those no longer work unless I use JUST the keyboard. Somehow, those default settings for those 2 keys have been lost. I tried to go in and reset them, but when I go to set the Accept/Advance to my Enter key, I get a message that says  "You can only map menu controls for devices that have no preset scheme." What can I do to get my keyboard back to functioning normally while using my wheel and pedals? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

3 answers to this question

Yes. Seems to be intermittent for me at various points of the game.

USB or BT keyboard? Or wired?

Most USB devices seem to be problematic with this game, ironic given how wheels connect.

I'd only suggest setting up the configuration for keys in game setup, some are for menu advancing. try other usb ports?

Hello I have a problem with the Pc Game F1 2017.
I wanted to register the game at steam via the key code.
Message, Key code already taken.
Game was originally packed, now I can not play it. Can someone help me, in German would be perfect.
greeting

Hello I have a problem with the Pc Game F1 2017.
I wanted to register the game at steam via the key code.
Message, Key code already taken.
Game was originally packed, now I can not play it. Can someone help me, in German would be perfect.
greeting
Wenn Sie das Spiel Sekundenzeiger gekauft haben, wird der Schlüsselcode beim ersten Spieler registriert. Sie sind nicht übertragbar. Sie sollten sich an Ihren Verkäufer wenden.

If you bought the game second hand then the key code is registered to the first player. They are not transferable. You should contact your vendor.