Sign in to follow this  

Logitech Driving Force GT suddenly spins left before corners - F1 2014

Hi,

Im using a Driving Force GT. In Spielberg-Austria before every corner, my Wheel suddenly kicks to the left  like 100-150 meters before EVERY corner. Anyone else experienced problems like this? I tried like everything. Also, my wheel settings reset everytime I start the game, getting bach to indidivual. I always need to get my settings to work again like set the settings to driving wheel etc.
Didn't know if it was either a technical problem or a game problem.

It's not just happening for the D F GT it's all wheels on that track, there is also a similar thing on the back straight of Melbourne, wheel flick left and right when driving down the left side, the issue clears up on Austria after a few laps.

Guys is your framerate at or above 120 fps? There is a well-known problem in the past few F1 games, you can't let your framerate get too high or it screws up the FFB. You can test it by turning on vsync, although a better long term solution is to limit the framerate using something like Nvidia Inspector (because vsync causes lag).

For wheel settings resetting when you start the game: when you start up the game and it says "Press Start", you have to press a button on the controller you want to use to get past this. If you press enter it will default to keyboard control. On my G27 it's button 3 on the shifter.

Austria I get some wheel wobble left to right sometimes but overall the ffb doesnt feel right to me! I keep playing around with different settings but my wheel doesnt feel connected to the car if you know what I mean? Using fanatec csr elite wheel with formula rim if anyone cares to share there settings for me to try? Btw what exactly is enviroment? kerb effects and contact?

I noticed this same little wheel glitch this morning at the 100 metre make before turn 1 mainly. I think it's also apparent at Monza on the approach to Ascari but need to check again to be sure.  

happens on the fanatec csr aswell at first i though it was a flatspot then realized that 1 didnt lock up the wheels and 2 codemasters wouldnt put that in.

also right hand side of the big straight on malaysia(one before start finnish straight) their is some odd feedback kinda off putting when racing someone and the wheel gets some weird vibration like your rolling over the gravel 

my issues are xbox dont know if ps3 or pc get this aswell

This also happens on many other tracks off of the racing line.  I have felt it in Malaysia, Bahrain, and a few others.  Settings environmental effects make you lose the feel of the curbs though doesn't it? 

Not a good solution in the least bit. 

But yes, Austria seems to be the track where it is very bad!

Definitely happening on all wheels.  There's somehow bumps of force feedback that must have been left on the track by accident?