Sign in to follow this  

WELL DONE BAKU 2018

In the first second Herbert said sort of three times..... :neutral:

Also I know how much you lot love Hamilton's hair, well here's his latest style, enjoy...
https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/989789072322383872?s=19

We have a F1-world champion with cornrows, glorious ahhhhhhh.

But my man is looking bald because of it though.

Do we have any ideas on how Max binned that? Altho it kinda clearly was driver error I hope it was something else. He did basically the same thing at t1 last year aswell smh

haydn23 said:
Do we have any ideas on how Max binned that?
Because it's Max. We always hear about how he finds new ways to overtake and that can be attributed to crashes as well. 

That said, all Ferrari and Mercedes fans should count their lucky stars that Renault can't put a half decent engine together. Otherwise I think Red Bull would be blowing everyone away around tracks like this. 

VetteIfan said:
haydn23 said:
Do we have any ideas on how Max binned that?
Because it's Max. We always hear about how he finds new ways to overtake and that can be attributed to crashes as well. 

That said, all Ferrari and Mercedes fans should count their lucky stars that Renault can't put a half decent engine together. Otherwise I think Red Bull would be blowing everyone away around tracks like this. 
Even if that was so I don't think the top teams would need to worry to much. Even if Red Bull won all the tracks like this one it would not be enough to challenge the top 2 teams. Red Bull in this new era seem to just fall of the map during different parts of the season whether it be the car itself or half of the team making stupid mistakes.

I can't help but feel that this season's a joke due to the tyres. Much like the first half of 2012.
If Mercedes' gets on top of things and win the title I'm sure that feeling will subside ;)

Even if that was so I don't think the top teams would need to worry to much. Even if Red Bull won all the tracks like this one it would not be enough to challenge the top 2 teams. Red Bull in this new era seem to just fall of the map during different parts of the season whether it be the car itself or half of the team making stupid mistakes.
Imo if Red Bull had a Ferrari or Mercedes engine we wouldn't have a title fight. They already have to run less downforce at every track to account for the power deficit and are still the equal best through the corners. Imagine if they could run their car uncompromised round the corners and not lose all that time down the straights. Think it would be a matter of how far ahead they are rather than if they are. 

Look how late Vettel restarted, if Hamilton did that Vettel would have crashed into him at least 10 times :joy:

Yet again Ferrari are so fast, Mercedes aren't going to win this on pace that's for sure.

Holy fucking shit and Grosjean thinks Ericsson hit him too, what the absolute fuck is going on with him this season ahahahahaha

VETTEL OH MY FUCKING GOD WHY                                     

MATE I'VE HAD COKE BINGES THAT GAVE ME LESS OF A HIGH THAN THIS RACE

LECLERC SIXTH UNREAL

Well well well, what to say about that. Everybody could see the Red Bull scrap was going to end in tears. Then I thought Bottas was the luckiest guy ever, but then boom. Vettel blew it when he didn't need to, as I said Hamilton wouldn't win on pace and so was proved, extremely lucky.

My driver of the day is Leclerc, what a guy, the sooner he's in a Ferarri the better, it will be the first time I've ever supported a Ferrari driver.

Payback for 2017 for Lewis, about high time he wins this race. Bottas was lucky to be in the lead in the first place, his pace in the first stint was atrocious. Lewis leading the WDC in an inferior car makes this all so much sweeter. Then again, driving-wise, the top guys are really having a mediocre season so far. So many mistakes from the best of the best.

Perez under investigation, so he might get a penalty. Another one.

Payback for 2017 for Lewis, about high time he wins this race. Bottas was lucky to be in the lead in the first place, his pace in the first stint was atrocious. Lewis leading the WDC in an inferior car makes this all so much sweeter. Then again, driving-wise, the top guys are really having a mediocre season so far. So many mistakes from the best of the best.
Was it? Sure he fell back heavily in the time before Hamilton pitted, but the reason Lewis had pitted so early was because he battered his tyres. The length and speed of Bottas' stint from that point on was strong and he would've beaten Hamilton had the SC not intervened. 

Bit of a painful race to lose after controlling it the whole way through but I like that Vettel went for the move, hindsight is a wonderful thing but it was his one opportunity after the restart and I know I was begging him to go for it. 

1/5th season update: Kinda annoying Ferrari haven't taken advantage of their car performance in the last two rounds but there's definitely a different feeling about this season. It seems to be competitive wherever it goes and there isn't an anxiousness to get the most of every result because there will be opportunities at lots of places other than just the Mickey Mouse circuits.

However this is the point last season where Mercedes' took off with their Catalunya updates. The next race will give a pivotal sign as to where this year's title lands. 

Very enjoyable race yet again. Ferrari pretty much confirming they have the best car as well. And despite the fact Vettel was probably robbed of that win by the SC, you cant' really complain too much given the luck went his way in Australia. Vettel really should be leading the championship but it's early days and that makes it ultimately meaningless, all that matters is the table after the last round. I'm confident that if the Ferrari remains the best car, Vettel will take the title, as I said though it's very early days and if Mercedes find a couple of tenths, it swings back to Lewis. 

And @GoldenColt, I think it's unfair to say they've all been mediocre, Ricciardo and Vettel have done a very good job in the first 4 rounds - they've barely put a foot wrong. Vettel cost himself today with a single lock up at completely the wrong time but other than that he could have won every race with a little luck, plus he was wiped out at China. Hamilton and Bottas haven't been bad at all either, had luck gone the other way we could be talking about Hamilton having 1 victory and Bottas having 3, the opening rounds have just been very mixed up and unpredictable. And that makes it all the more entertaining for us.