F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 Brazil

I previously commented on another guy who stated Brazil was crazy for the tyre wear programme and assume this is only since the latest patch? If previous I guess I winged it each time without noticing, it is now the only tyre strategy I struggle with, was it intended to be this way? Or made for manual no assist guys? Was it intended to be to this extent?

And with the shadowing in Brazil (PS4 at least), half the track is pitch black and the shadow look makes no sense to the scenery. Its the only circuit with this issue.

It's all about car settings and driving style. I could easily do every track with one set of softest tire set. Of course my pace would be something like 5 seconds slower than leaders but I could do it.

Example 1
As I do 50% races with my brother, in Bahrain I can make easily one stop race, but he needs two.

In spain I had front wing damage coming into first corner. I boxed took hard tires and was able to get into podiums. Back then we drove against 90% AI for some reason.

No, Brazil is definitely messed up. Every other track I can do purple with a decent margin on delta with 110 AI. But Brazil I can just barely meet the delta and I am all the way in the Red. It’s possible it’s just a specific driving style is really bad, but like I don’t see any reason Brazil should be worse. I am as competitive as I am on other tracks when I play online, but in career mode, the AI are always faster in the race after a couple of laps on a tire set. Quali I can usually mix it with them.

Brazil is brutal on Tyre wear. If you're playing on career mode having all the tyre wear upgrades will help immensely here. Though this is coming from someone who hasn't won here yet in career mode and has thrown away at least 2 race wins here due to not being able to adapt tyre strat. (20% Wear improvement might not seem like much but I suffered a puncture around the last lap in this race in a Williams that had no tyre wear upgrades. Having them would have gotten me over the finish line.)

This track is a massive challenge and as frustrated as I get trying to run it I think I like that it is.

Sounds like the perfect race lol! Just still frustrating for just wanting more R&D points ;) Not that I'm too greedy..

Good to hear I'm not the only one, any setup tips for Brazil?
I run a downforce of 3 front and 4 back with a slight camber I forget the degree, but its just enough to lessen the sliding on corners.

I actually run 7-6 wings at Brazil. It's a really strange track that needs both top end speed but also has a lot of cornering that you need downforce for.

You can achieve great cornering with 1 1 wings. It's all about sum of all "setup" variables.

Interesting, opposites lol! Willing to try a 7-6 and a 1-1.. 1-1 assume will need a fair bit of fine tuning elsewhere though ;)

I do 2-6 with 10 ballast and it works alright pace-wise. But tire wear is horrendous no matter what my setup is

Iv had a puncture on the LAST LAP in a 50% league race and I stopped fairly late. I think it’s down to setup,driving styl

Try 1-7 wing with 10 ballast. Stiffen up the anti roll bars for better turn in, and lower the break bias for better tyre wear.

Thanks greatly for all the assistance trying new setups. Funnily enough I've never had an issue in races but when it comes to this fine print R&D its definitely up there as the toughest.