Sign in to follow this  

Melbourne last corner

Hi guys.

I would categorise myself as a very good driver in this game, and i drove in several leagues in 2013.
I just started playing 2014 and just went into career mode with the Force India, and my pace is generally good, but by the looks of it, i'm having a lot of trouble in the last sector. I might think it's the last corner, that gives me some rear unstability.

I use a DFGT and no assists. My S1 and S2 times are good against the AI, but in the last sector 3, the AI is 0.5 seconds faster than me.
Setup: The fast 1/11 setup, but with 2/2 Aero.
Legend AI

Anyone else having problem in this sector against the AI? What setup (aero) helps you, and which car do you use? This question is only for wheel users with no assists (since PAD users has TC regardless of assist settings).

Have in mind that i'm talking about career mode, where the cars from the beginning sucks due to zero upgrades obtained.

Yep, in the Ferrari I'm 4-6 tenths quicker per lap in sector 1 (than the Mercs onLegend), about even in the middle sector and then they blitz me by 7 or 8 tenths in the last sector. They seem to come out of the last corner impossibly fast then brake really early to compensate. 

I'm glad im not the only one!

When i drive SPA, which i love, i haul ass against the AI.. But not in Melbourne (and i suspect i will have problems in slow low traction corners against AI).

Online, i have no problems, because its not against AI. But i think they have too much traction at slow speeds.

Try something like

Wings 2-4
roll/springs both 10-6

This will understeer a tiny bit but give you more stability and traction.

I just tried in GP mode, and i can qualify second with McLaren...
Maybe it's career mode that is bugged or maybe it's Force India (in career mode) that is bugged.
Or maybe just Melbourne last sector AI speed.

I'm also having the same problem in 1st sector im under 1 tenth 2nd sector I'm under 1 tenth but soon as I hit the finish line I look at my sector times and I drop 1 hole second down on the AI (legend) btw I'm in a Mercedes 

I just tried with this setup, and i qualified better than my team mate, which i couldnt before (in the force india)

2/1 aero
49, high braking
1/11 balance
1 1 / 11 11 susp
full left camber, full right toe

Seems quicker, and the wheelspin is the same...

I believe there is a AI issue there. I drop off 0.5 sec in the last sector, despite having the pole.

Alright I am a pad user (xbox), but still feel like I can give you some tips :-)

First off: I was quite a bit off pace on this track (still am) and I can barely scrape into the 25s in Q, PB being a 1:25:6

I was very uncomfortable with how the car behaves here so I like to use 6-6 wings. I know, it is a lot but it gives you huge stability throughout the lap! 4-1 also works reasonably well, 2-1 is too little wing for my liking. As for the balance, I still haven't really figured it out yet. 11-8 seems to work pretty well, but so does 5-6. I think that you don't need 11 on the rear, as it will make the car less stable and especially with these torque cars I feel that 11 on the rear balance is not necessary anymore!

For suspension, 11-1-11-11 is quicker than 1-1-11-11 so I suggest you start using 11-1-11-11. 

Biggest tip I can give for the last corner if you struggle with traction: put your fuel into lean mix, this makes it way easier to take the corner. the moment you come out of the corner you can put the fuel back to either rich or standard. on my Q hotlap I put my fuel into standard at T3 (pad user, so lean is not really necessary) and I put my fuel into standard just before the last three corners after the middle straight.

Hope this helped you a bit!