Sign in to follow this  

[BUG] Hidden Assists

Alright guys, here is an issue I found today.

When you start your new user profile with a keyboard, you automatically have full hidden assists! I started the Driver Evaluation Test with a keyboard, and plugged in my Logitech G27 after a while. I had superior traction over my brother (who has a Logitech DF GT) and I also did not suffer from overheating tyres. I started with assists off, but turning them on and off again did not change anything.

Since I was desperately looking for a solution, I started a new profile and used my steering wheel during the Evaluation test. Guess what? No overpowered hidden traction, overheating tyres and so on.

Alright guys, here is an issue I found today.

When you start your new user profile with a keyboard, you automatically have full hidden assists! I started the Driver Evaluation Test with a keyboard, and plugged in my Logitech G27 after a while. I had superior traction over my brother (who has a Logitech DF GT) and I also did not suffer from overheating tyres. I started with assists off, but turning them on and off again did not change anything.

Since I was desperately looking for a solution, I started a new profile and used my steering wheel during the Evaluation test. Guess what? No overpowered hidden traction, overheating tyres and so on.
looks like you solved your own problem then

It's not about solving it, it is an issue. You can join a race where all assists are disabled, but you still have full traction control and ABS, and so on.

yeah this is called cheating essentially in my opinion.  You can just do it on the pc by setting device over ride to gamepad......

Same thing could be done on last yrs game for hidden steering assists the pad users got.  They need to rectify this disparity some how....

I'm on PS3 with a wheel and no assists...... Career on legend and i am nowhere..... in the lotus but 2 seconds slower..... Was thinking it's for the car not having the upgrades, so it tried GP mode in the Merc and  struggling there too.... The car is very nervous under accelaration... does this assist thing make the cars so hard to drive?

congratulation codemasters a geat game on ps3 I finally love my t500 rs thank you for the gameplay very realistic :D

Hammy, no, what you're experiencing is what all the wheel users are experiencing and that is the correct experience. 2014 is by far the trickiest in terms of getting the power down and that's a true reflection of the real F1 cars with the reg changes this season.

What pad users are experiencing, as well as the OP due to starting his game on keyboard (PC), is being able to apply the throttle as though there is traction control on even with the TC assist disabled. Pad users are commenting on how easy this years game is even with the TC assist off but you are clearly not finding this the case along with myself and all wheel users. CM should hopefully fix with a patch because I can't for the life of me imagine that was intentional... But this is CM so who knows?

I have a question. If you delete your profile of a PAD and create a profile with a wheel, save and close on console. The next time that you start the game WITH a PAD, you will be able to disable all the AID? Or will still be the secret TC?

mgmikeyt said:
Hammy, no, what you're experiencing is what all the wheel users are experiencing and that is the correct experience. 2014 is by far the trickiest in terms of getting the power down and that's a true reflection of the real F1 cars with the reg changes this season.

What pad users are experiencing, as well as the OP due to starting his game on keyboard (PC), is being able to apply the throttle as though there is traction control on even with the TC assist disabled. Pad users are commenting on how easy this years game is even with the TC assist off but you are clearly not finding this the case along with myself and all wheel users. CM should hopefully fix with a patch because I can't for the life of me imagine that was intentional... But this is CM so who knows?
In reality this problem existed last year with 2013 for the wheel spin compared to the AI which had none, and also the tyre wear. It was patched along with the Force Feedback and was much better for it! I don't want to seem a whinger and say that they have to change the handling (I posted a thread here a week ago saying if people say it's too hard don't patch it lol) but the way it is at the moment for wheel users is a joke, even moreso in the rain, and it needs to be fixed! How can i be 2 seconds slower than the car in 21st place in career??

I personally love the new handling, perhaps the AI needs a tweak instead? I've just started a new career on expert after years of competing at legend. I feel expert is a much more realistic pace given that the drivers are rarely flat out this year. For me on legend I'm having to go flat out just to keep the cars in sight let alone overtake anything. Definitely having to swallow my pride and drop down to expert to get enjoyment out of career mode at the moment. Really am loving the handling with a wheel this year. So hard but exactly as I imagined it should be.

Another problem is the moment you so much as put a bit of heat into the tyres, (dirty green colour for example) you lose more grip, which heats the tyres more, so you slide more etc etc, This is unavoidable when the tyres have wear on them, while the AI continue flying along for not sliding, heating up the tyres or suffering from tyre wear!

I think two things should be patched:

1. The TC and ABS of the AI are extremely overpowered. Even with the hidden assists on, I was struggling on Legend (I have no issue on 2013). They never have wheelspin and go smooth through any corner - all At full throttle.
2. All hidden assists should be patched to normal assists. It's unbelievable, but how can you give people hidden, unwanted assists? In my opinion this is unfair, because it gives a massive advantage, and those who have it but do not want it cannot disable it properly (without deleting all progress).

Please, Codemasters, consider these points.

PS: the handling of how the cars behave for wheel users (without assists) is absolutely fantastic! I love to struggle a bit with grip and tyre temperatures, please don't change this! :smile:

I'm on PS3 with a wheel and no assists...... Career on legend and i am nowhere..... in the lotus but 2 seconds slower..... Was thinking it's for the car not having the upgrades, so it tried GP mode in the Merc and  struggling there too.... The car is very nervous under accelaration... does this assist thing make the cars so hard to drive?
If you are in the lotus then you should be 2 seconds slower then the mercs? Unless its 2 seconds slower then your team mate? Because the lotus is a much slower car 2014 and obviously the merc is the fastest by a country mile! 

Another problem is the moment you so much as put a bit of heat into the tyres, (dirty green colour for example) you lose more grip, which heats the tyres more, so you slide more etc etc, This is unavoidable when the tyres have wear on them, while the AI continue flying along for not sliding, heating up the tyres or suffering from tyre wear!
Agree, but at least this year you can cool them down again quite quickly. Last year that front left lit up at Silverstone and that was pretty much it til next tyre change. Tyre temps way more realistic this year. 

As for the AI, Yeah - to me what CM have done is what EA do with FIFA - instead of making the AI more skllful at the higher levels, they have simply made them "cheat" more instead. 

For real...

Was playing in Career Mode with Caterham in full wet, and of course could not adapt to their pace. So in a jolly mood, I decided to turn TC and ABS on. Drove like a train on rails, but when I turned my assists off again, nothing changed. Still had full traction control and ABS. Forced to start a new profile - again.

I was still keeping a good pace with no front wing yesterday in an online 25% race at Sochi..,, work that one out!

s1234 said:
I have a question. If you delete your profile of a PAD and create a profile with a wheel, save and close on console. The next time that you start the game WITH a PAD, you will be able to disable all the AID? Or will still be the secret TC?
Im gonna try it tonight as I'm not very far into career, I'll let you know

Re: previous post.. Doing eval test with wheel then switching to pad doesn't get rid of hidden assists. I deleted my save game in the dashboard before I tried too. Sorry for the double post

I play with a pad with no assists and it's ahrd to beat people who plays with assists..who uses wheel is even harder..CM should fix this pace advantage

MrSave07 said:
I play with a pad with no assists and it's ahrd to beat people who plays with assists..who uses wheel is even harder..CM should fix this pace advantage

Know the feeling mate, I use a wheel but there no way atm I can keep up with assist users who were alot slower than me in the last games. I know im not as quick as the last games but it almost makes me want to give up doing coop as some tracks my mate a sec quicker in 1 sector :( I did give med a go but with how hard it is off it just seems dull playing with tc. Guess the last games didnt require much skill running no assists so wasnt the advantage that they have this year! Love driving the cars, hate seeing assists users get 2 sec advantage on some tracks!