Sign in to follow this  

Realistic improvements for F1 2018

- less waiting time between online sessions, I don't want to spend 1 minute on a loading screen between qualy and race.
- find a way to make tyre strategies more important. Maybe make the "dirty air" effect more important so track position is valuable?
- add some other programs to complete during the FP career sessions. It gets boring after a while to always do the same programs to gain ressource points. Just a few ideas: your engineer asks you to push hard for 1 lap at qualy pace, and then complete 2 or 3 laps at a race pace while preserving the tyres. It would also be interesting if you could do pit-stops during the FPs.
- maybe the most important thing, especially for league racing: change the penalty system. In F1 2017 at tracks like COTA, the race is decided by who gets the smaller number of penalties. Project Cars 2 should be an inspiration, the race engineer asks you to slow down if the game detects corner cutting, this means the race is always decided on track. The track limits should also really be improved, some corners are cuttable but others not. Like the Esses at Mexico, the last one is possible to cut while the first gets you a penalty easily. It would be nice if there were more indications of WHERE the track limits are, like bollards or bigger kerbs.
- improve the "physics" of the older cars, they are disappointing to drive in F1 2017. Reduce the number of cars if it's too much work, I would rather have 2 or 3 GOOD cars than 10 bad ones.
- even more track layouts! The addition of "short" layouts was nice and makes for more variety, it's maybe too crazy but I would love to see reverse layouts (Eau Rouge backwards is awesome).
- Deltas: right now it's hard to know how much is the gap to the driver behind/in front, so much that I sometimes have to ask my engineer the gap (not very practical). The delta should be visible more frequently than 3 times/lap. Ideally use the real life version of mini-sectors (about 20/lap) used in Formula 1.
- hire a faster engineer to give us the tablet when we are in the car :D It's cool for the immersion but it's frustrating to wait 5 seconds each time you want to change a small thing on your setup.

I'm not asking for anything too crazy, so I hope my feedback can help if someone at Codies see this :)

I know you all have amazing ideas etc, but amount of topics is a bit too great. There is one ideas post so post it there. It is so annoying to see 30 new topics everyday about ideas for the game.

path1337 said:
I know you all have amazing ideas etc, but amount of topics is a bit too great. There is one ideas post so post it there. It is so annoying to see 30 new topics everyday about ideas for the game.

I'm sorry about that. But I think most ideas suggested are not realistic and would require too much work, I tried to give realistic suggestions, and if others have too they can share them.

tkeg said:
- maybe the most important thing, especially for league racing: change the penalty system. In F1 2017 at tracks like COTA, the race is decided by who gets the smaller number of penalties. Project Cars 2 should be an inspiration, the race engineer asks you to slow down if the game detects corner cutting, this means the race is always decided on track. The track limits should also really be improved, some corners are cuttable but others not. Like the Esses at Mexico, the last one is possible to cut while the first gets you a penalty easily. It would be nice if there were more indications of WHERE the track limits are, like bollards or bigger kerbs.
Eh I don't understand... The indications are the white lines... If you go over the white lines, you might get a penalty... Also doesn't the engineer ask you to slow down when you cut a corner anyways?
tkeg said:
- improve the "physics" of the older cars, they are disappointing to drive in F1 2017. Reduce the number of cars if it's too much work, I would rather have 2 or 3 GOOD cars than 10 bad ones.
Eh I like the handling of basically all of the cars. Probably just different opinions.
tkeg said:
- even more track layouts! The addition of "short" layouts was nice and makes for more variety, it's maybe too crazy but I would love to see reverse layouts (Eau Rouge backwards is awesome).
Wasn't the thread about realistic improvements? Anyways eh why not, reverse option shouldn't be too hard to do.

tkeg said:
- less waiting time between online sessions, I don't want to spend 1 minute on a loading screen between qualy and race.
I don't agree here. One minute is fine. People need a chance to look at the qualifying results as well as incidents. Although it would be good if the glitch where the session doesn't end when everyone has finished their run would be fixed.