Sign in to follow this  

Cocpit view

I like the cockpit view usualy,but the vibration seem to be overly distracting this time around.

I have to agree why no speed on cockpit, you need the speed to know your top speed and how to increase it, secondly it helps you get the optimum speed when braking and turning. You cannot go on revs and gears alone.

Wait a second, you mean they've removed the Speed Display on the wheel in Cockpit view....you can't be serious ???? that's f****** ridiculous

Want it back too.

By the way, the only visible part for me is the gear. I have no clue what the rest of the display says, can't even read it as it's too small (in cockpit mode).

The large PCU-8D display wheel (http://www.mclarenelectronics.com/Products/Product/PCU-8D) , which most teams run this year, doesn't show the speed in the default screen as the drivers have many screens they alternate between. 
In the game, this type of display shows : 
Top left : When you cross the finish line , it shows the difference between the lap you just completed and your previous lap.
Top right : Current position
Middle : Gear
Bottom left : Engine temp
Middle and bottom right : Average front tyre temp on top of the average rear tyre temp

It's only the teams that elected to stay with with the small display PCU-6D (http://www.mclarenelectronics.com/Products/Product/PCU-6D) that show the speed all the time, namely Red Bull, Williams and Lotus. 

Skye said:
The large PCU-8D display wheel (http://www.mclarenelectronics.com/Products/Product/PCU-8D) , which most teams run this year, doesn't show the speed in the default screen as the drivers have many screens they alternate between. 
In the game, this type of display shows : 
Top left : When you cross the finish line , it shows the difference between the lap you just completed and your previous lap.
Top right : Current position
Middle : Gear
Bottom left : Engine temp
Middle and bottom right : Average front tyre temp on top of the average rear tyre temp

It's only the teams that elected to stay with with the small display PCU-6D (http://www.mclarenelectronics.com/Products/Product/PCU-6D) that show the speed all the time, namely Red Bull, Williams and Lotus. 

Thanks for that post, very informative...But I think they should show the speed on the wheel ingame. T-Cam view has it. I only play real cockpit view, anything else is just... well, for....ya know.  ( no offence meant ;-)

Anyone else noticed that all the cars with a bigger display have exactly the same steering wheel? Not that it affects gameplay, I just think it's really lazy from CM

I need speedo cuz i prefer to change gears based on speed instead of  9 bright lights.

Gui1 said:
I need speedo cuz i prefer to change gears based on speed instead of  9 bright lights.

Well thats just wrong. Don't ask codies to change something that 1 guy does compared to how the rest of real racing drivers decide when to change gears??

Theres much bigger problems in this game than this to fix.

Gui1 said:

Well thats just wrong. Don't ask codies to change something that 1 guy does compared to how the rest of real racing drivers decide when to change gears??

Theres much bigger problems in this game than this to fix.
Don't come with Real Racer driver stuff.... There's actually no Feedback about Speed whatsoever. FFB Doesn't give Info about Speed, graphics Are not reliable and since you don't feel any twitching in your arse, like Real drivers Do, the Speedo is the only actual Feedback you get about Speed. It is important. Period