Jump to content Jump to content

Look at this, i think this guy claims to play on legend with no assists, but how can he be so aggressive on the throttle out of corners without spinning?? The fact that he changes gear so badly, but still is on the pace of the fastest AI, says to me that he has assists on! What do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AvyZGdqqEA&list=UU7WNZQb14M9X6whT6WMsWoQ
He probably has a $700 wheel that has a 100% linear throttle performance. Your crappy logitech and my pos xbox wheel the throttle is either half on throttle or full throttle, impossible to compare mate
My wheel is not 'crappy' as you put it! It works fine, just this game is broken if you want to race the AI on legend with a wheel and no assists, and moreso in the rain!!!!!!!!!!
I understood what you were saying in your other thread about this, but there's no need to create this thread. The reason he can race so well is because he's had a lot of practice now, and he's one of the best racers out there. You just need to practice and be smooth with your throttle modulation. Sometimes it takes an eternity to get to full power- especially in the wet because there is so much wheel spin, but with this years turbocharged engines, you need to be patient and precise to be quick. Also car setup and as Understeer 79 said, equipment setup, does impact things as well. If you use a Logitech DFGT, those pedals will get you nowhere. There's not enough travel in them to be precise. The G27 which is what I have, has decent pedals, but they're nowhere near the best you can get. As I said in the other thread, LEGEND IS SUPPOSED TO BE HARD- it's supposed to be for the best racers. On Youtube there are heaps of guys who have the skills to race on legend competively. There's no point complaining that it's too hard- because for others who are actually up to the challenge, it's not and in fact there will be people arguing that the legend AI is too slow. Use expert or professional if it's too difficult because obviously legend is not for you. I can understand people complaining about Easy difficulty being hard, like in F1 2013, because it's supposed to be easy- but it makes absolutely no sense to complain about a difficulty being hard, when it's supposed to be hard.
He probably has a $700 wheel that has a 100% linear throttle performance. Your crappy logitech and my pos xbox wheel the throttle is either half on throttle or full throttle, impossible to compare mate
My wheel is not 'crappy' as you put it! It works fine, just this game is broken if you want to race the AI on legend with a wheel and no assists, and moreso in the rain!!!!!!!!!!
Mate im sure your a good racer but your equipment is not going to let you compete with the best wheels and pedals out there
Listen here, Ben is a good racer, just cause use are to slow to compete on legend AI, doesn't mean others cant just breeze past them, we put hard work and time into learning set-ups and braking points on tracks to compete with them, I'm currently battling Nico Rosberg For the championship in the Williams, I've just got the pace to pass him down straights and out break him into corners, all on legend AI, so stop winging and learn how to drive like we did. :o
people in this thread not understanding what potentiometers are and how they work, you all believe more expensive kit makes you faster, you all buy into "marketing"  ...  LOL
Exactly!! My Logitech DFP cost £80 back in '07 when i bought it is still as good as new!!! All other games i have played fine with it after calabration!! This 2014 is for pad users and that's it!! And all the YT videos from AARAVA, Ryanl83 etc are on not on legend, but expert difficulty as they do slower lap times than me on legend but are scoring points and winning races!!!!!!!!!
Ok this is one of my first posts but I had to login and comment here.

I just played a 50% race as Bottas at Austria. First time driving that track (Massive huge F1 fan/F1 game fan)

Legend AI only Assist was Auto gears, i'm playing using the pad on PC.

Now in every other game I had to play with all assists otherwise i'd spin out of every corner and lock up into every corner without fail. my tyres  would ALWAYS be in the red 4/5 laps before my scheduled stop (in other words I SUCK at F1 games)

in 2014 however, I was every bit as fast as the legend AI, No spins, No lockups (This is with the occasional braking and turning at the same time mind) and my tyres last comfortably past my window.

I qualified and finished in second having a great battle with Ricciardo and Hamilton (Hulkenberg won by 7 seconds from 9th by 2 stopping instead of 3)

NOW, this is obviously a problem for better players than me (everyone) and it really really annoys me also. But it's also a little hard because I had a lot of fun with it without feeling that i'm cheating using TC/ABS, So i'm kinda on the fence because i can totally see why everyone is mad and it's obviously a cheap re-skin not worth the full price, BUT for ME? I'm having more fun than I've ever had before.
Ds310590 said:
Ok this is one of my first posts but I had to login and comment here.

I just played a 50% race as Bottas at Austria. First time driving that track (Massive huge F1 fan/F1 game fan)

Legend AI only Assist was Auto gears, i'm playing using the pad on PC.

Now in every other game I had to play with all assists otherwise i'd spin out of every corner and lock up into every corner without fail. my tyres  would ALWAYS be in the red 4/5 laps before my scheduled stop (in other words I SUCK at F1 games)

in 2014 however, I was every bit as fast as the legend AI, No spins, No lockups (This is with the occasional braking and turning at the same time mind) and my tyres last comfortably past my window.

I qualified and finished in second having a great battle with Ricciardo and Hamilton (Hulkenberg won by 7 seconds from 9th by 2 stopping instead of 3)

NOW, this is obviously a problem for better players than me (everyone) and it really really annoys me also. But it's also a little hard because I had a lot of fun with it without feeling that i'm cheating using TC/ABS, So i'm kinda on the fence because i can totally see why everyone is mad and it's obviously a cheap re-skin not worth the full price, BUT for ME? I'm having more fun than I've ever had before.
Glad to hear you are enjoying it mate but another example of this game being catered for pad users!!! 
Not even..  I unfortunely have to use a pad and am hating how dumbed down the controls are. The assists never turn off. Plus it makes things suck for wheel users with this unwanted handicap.
You think its fun driving with TC always on lol...? 
Fix it CM. 
Don't know whether this has something to do with why some people are fast on the wheel. But what I've noticed is if you leave the override input device type off. You basically have traction control out of the corners my tires were always green even though the engineer keeps telling you to warm the ties up. If you set the override input device to wheel you have to be really careful coming out of corners tires go red very easy which is the way it should be with these cars. Probably needs to be fixed. My wheel is a thrustmaster TX racing wheel.

I remember watching one of his vids last year, just before he left the garage you could clearly hear "hacks engaged" now im not saying he is using hacks on this video but just don't believe everything you see on youtube

There is no way Tiametmarduk cheats or uses hacks at all. I've been using his videos for reference for years and basically match what he's doing in terms of laptimes in Qualy. He's definitely more consistent that me but I have proof that he is not cheating because I also race no assists, Legend, wheel and always compare laptimes. They always match there or thereabouts, although he's more consistent over a full race distance than me.
TMDol said:

I remember watching one of his vids last year, just before he left the garage you could clearly hear "hacks engaged" now im not saying he is using hacks on this video but just don't believe everything you see on youtube

There is no way Tiametmarduk cheats or uses hacks at all. I've been using his videos for reference for years and basically match what he's doing in terms of laptimes in Qualy. He's definitely more consistent that me but I have proof that he is not cheating because I also race no assists, Legend, wheel and always compare laptimes. They always match there or thereabouts, although he's more consistent over a full race distance than me.
Yes i agree, although i'm sure this year he's using medium traction control as without it it's impossible to be competitive on legend with a wheel!! The same with Aarava too.