Sign in to follow this  

MAKE HEADLINES IN F1™ 2018

I bought 2017 2 months after release, this year I am waiting way longer after having the worst issues with 2017 and still its only bodge jobbed fix wise.

The only thing that makes me angry about F1 Games & Codemasters is that they don't do like EA Sport & 2K who do the NHL and NBA Games which means.... Releasing the game at the beginning of the season. The F1 games are out when the season is almost over.

That discussion has been raised many times, Releasing this game at the start of the season would mean livery, from the season before and not the car updates. Resulting in a lot of discussion. Either way, there will be discussion.

Seriously said:
"Career mode has been further expanded to immerse players even deeper into the world of F1 than before, with the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise."

Interviews and/or press conference etc. comeback!? I hope so.                                                
Most definitely. Which is a shame IMO.

They were boring before, they are boring IRL, they will be boring and repetitive again simply because this whole interview-PR circle usually is.
Also, if this is their main selling point for this year, it doesn't exactly bode well for any major improvements when it comes to racing.

I'd rather hear about this:
- Proper temperature simulation when it comes to the tyres, which would be especially tricky with the 2018 sets.
- ERS management. Well, I never expected something like this anyway.
- Proper simulation of dirty air and its effects.
- AI differences. Some drivers defending harder than others, some making trying to make a divebomb work, how about rivalries depending on whom you race the most.
- Better damage model. (mechanical failures for the player, with the option to disable them of course.)

And that's just off the top of my head.

Again, weak announcement. Maybe we'll see some of that stuff, maybe not. We know nothing. I never felt more connected to Jon Snow. Cheers, Codemasters.
I agree. A working game, the new tracks and cars. Plus your points and F1 2018 would be nearly perfect for me. 

Faya said:
Hi all! You can also find a copy of this on our blog here.

The day you’ve all been waiting for has arrived, and we’ve got it here hot off the press! We’re very happy to announce F1™ 2018, the official videogame of the 2018 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP will release onto PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Windows PC (DVD and via Steam) worldwide on Friday 24th August 2018, the weekend of the FORMULA 1 2018 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX at the iconic Spa-Francorchamps Circuit.

We can’t wait to reveal more news on what’s to come, but in the meantime, we’ve got all the headline information on today’s announcement: “We were delighted by the reception that the highly-acclaimed F1 2017 game received, and are extremely excited to be able to further build on such a strong starting point with F1 2018” said Paul Jeal, F1 Franchise Director at Codemasters. “Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them, and we cannot wait to unveil more details on features we know our fans will love. Career mode has been further expanded to immerse players even deeper into the world of F1 than before, with the return of a highly requested feature back into the franchise. We are also adding more classic cars, again listening to our fans as to which of the historical F1 cars they would most like to virtually drive next. Outside of those headline additions there are many other great enhancements to be revealed before the game launches.”

We’ve been very busy behind the scenes here at Codies, so here’s a little snippet of what we’ve been doing in the build up to announcing F1 2018 today:

#MakeHeadlines in F1 2018 – Behind The Scenes

We think you’ll agree that the 2018 season has started off in style, with victories for Scuderia Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel at both the Australian and Bahrain Grand Prix™, and then for Red Bull Racing’s Daniel Ricciardo in China. Lewis Hamilton then won a thrilling and dramatic race at the Baku City Circuit in Azerbaijan, and most recently he also won last weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix. You can relive all of this weekend’s racing action with the race highlights here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFjwSP4zUR8 

This year also sees the return of the French Grand Prix for the first time since 2008, at the Circuit Paul Ricard, which last hosted the French Grand Prix in 1990. The German Grand Prix also returns to the Championship after not featuring last year, with the Hockenheimring hosting the race in July, and we cannot wait to be driving on these in 2018’s cars!  F1 2018 will feature all of the official teams, the drivers and circuits of the 2018 season.

We’ll be giving you all the news here, so to get the first scoop on all things F1 2018, make sure you’re checking out the blog here, and following us on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

Does this mean a working multiplayer safety car etc? Or he usual bug infested mess we have become accustomed to? because to me it looks like PR blurb.

To save you the time of reading the whole thing:

• Release date confirmed (24th August 2018 - PC, Xbox One X, Playstation 4)
  • More immersive career
  • Return of a "highly requested feature" in career
  • More classic cars
  • "Many other great enhancements"
  • A bit of PR-BS-Talk about how great (not) F1 2017 was

This is basically saying "Our marketing group has woken up from their deep winter sleep, don't worry, F1 2018 will be released this year.".
Not a lot of information but what we got was already expected.
The logo is simple but good looking IMO.

Regarding the return of a "highly requested feature" in career:
That feature is most likely going to be an interview system in career mode as the two most popular F1 YouTubers aarava and Tiametmarduk, who released their videos before anyone else after the announcement, predicted.
The fact regarding their video release timings more or less indicates that they have a lot more information on the new game than they "pretend" and they are waiting for the green light from Codemasters to release more info. I may be wrong though and it is just coincidence.

I hope that the BETA codes will be released ASAP before more time for testing goes to waste and they really need a lot of testing time as well as feedback if they want to release a stable build.

Hopefully their infamous "DAY ONE PATCH" works well this year.

HOWEVER
Stay safe, observe this forum closely on release day and above all,
DO NOT PREORDER.
Indeed  although I'm not against preordering as I do it myself from time to time but they have to be selling me something I'm going to like before I consider it. Right now because we have virtually no details beyond the fact there will be an F1 2018 I'm going to wait and stick with  2017 for the moment.

Most definitely. Which is a shame IMO.

They were boring before, they are boring IRL, they will be boring and repetitive again simply because this whole interview-PR circle usually is.
Also, if this is their main selling point for this year, it doesn't exactly bode well for any major improvements when it comes to racing.

I'd rather hear about this:
- Proper temperature simulation when it comes to the tyres, which would be especially tricky with the 2018 sets.
- ERS management. Well, I never expected something like this anyway.
- Proper simulation of dirty air and its effects.
- AI differences. Some drivers defending harder than others, some making trying to make a divebomb work, how about rivalries depending on whom you race the most.
- Better damage model. (mechanical failures for the player, with the option to disable them of course.)

And that's just off the top of my head.

Again, weak announcement. Maybe we'll see some of that stuff, maybe not. We know nothing. I never felt more connected to Jon Snow. Cheers, Codemasters.
To be honest, I really need to agree with your 5 points you made. Especially the tyre temperature! It's such an important thing since 2017, but I would like to add something and this is missing as well! We honestly need a proper "engine management". In F1 2017 it was to much "coded". You couldn't really save your engine. In real life they have a lot of "Engine Modes" to save their engine and I would love to have this in the game.

I’m actually looking forward to the game this year. I felt that the career mode took a huge step forward in F1 2017 and online wasn’t great but I wasn’t really bothered too much about that. I’m hoping the practice programs can be changed as I found them labourious after half a season. I also hope the heavily requested feature is the press conferences because that will be even better and will definitely increase the immersion. 

I'm probably of the other % saying online needs to be the top priotiry for 2018 but then again being the head of a league and only really operating on online at this point probably dictates a lot of my theory on this. I'm hoping to see more of a league operated system for Online as well as an online championship that's a lot like Co-op where all cars start equal then you and your teammate earn resource points to boost your cars performance over the season, it would mean attendance is critical for people to make your car the best over the seasons that the league operates. 

"...Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them..."

Yea I’m not really pumped for this.   I used to go mad waiting for F1 news but the last 3 games (F1 2017 was decent but lacked ALOT) with what the new consoles are capable of it hasn’t impressed me.   Why was 2013 your last best game? Who left? what happened ?  Get them back?.   I’m guessing this announcement will be the same as all the rest.  And I bet they make a big deal about the More Classic Cars 

Alonso86 said:
Yea I’m not really pumped for this.   I used to go mad waiting for F1 news but the last 3 games (F1 2017 was decent but lacked ALOT) with what the new consoles are capable of it hasn’t impressed me.   Why was 2013 your last best game? Who left? what happened ?  Get them back?.   I’m guessing this announcement will be the same as all the rest.  And I bet they make a big deal about the More Classic Cars 
It sounds promising that they've come up with more ways to expand career and all that if it's true but I want more details on the changes before I get too excited. I enjoy 2017 but it's so close to being the perfect game already for me that I'm just not sure I want 2018 atm. So really more details would help me with a decision so until more details are given I'll stick with 2017. At the end off the day I can live with or without Halo and the addition of 1 new track in Paul Ricard isn't worth it on it's own so we'll see.

Alonso86 said:
It sounds promising that they've come up with more ways to expand career and all that if it's true but I want more details on the changes before I get too excited. I enjoy 2017 but it's so close to being the perfect game already for me that I'm just not sure I want 2018 atm. So really more details would help me with a decision so until more details are given I'll stick with 2017. At the end off the day I can live with or without Halo and the addition of 1 new track in Paul Ricard isn't worth it on it's own so we'll see.
It needs a lot of work before being the perfect game. 

The only thing that makes me angry about F1 Games & Codemasters is that they don't do like EA Sport & 2K who do the NHL and NBA Games which means.... Releasing the game at the beginning of the season. The F1 games are out when the season is almost over.

They have to do this though, if they didn't, the performance of teams would be completely screwed. Not only that but have you taken into account that the real cars aren't even shown until just before the season starts with testing. They cant just pull the models out of their arse in a couple days, not to mention the changes that teams make to the cars through out the season. This isn't the same breed of games as what you try to compare it to, it just doesn't work.

I was hoping for "with a new partnership with libery media, drivers can now move between teams on career mode, along with the introduction of the F2 program to improve longevity"

Classic cars don't really interest me that much. I'd prefer classic tracks. Much more value since you can race there with a full modern grid, instead of single historic cars that all have different performance and shouldn't compete together like in F1 2017.

The only classic car I'd really be interested in would be the Mclaren MP4-20 (2005). And even then the gameplay value would probably be limited.

“Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them..."

Come on Codies.. I never ever saw a developer replying to fan feedback.. Also a simple example for your heavily engagement with the community - where is the official HUD which FANS want to see in the game since F1 2011? :) I bet the Fans wanted an Featureless game with F1 2015.

I hope to see some acutal feedback from Codies about Features that Fans REALLY want to see in the Game before I get hyped again or pre order or do anything.

It would be nice to see more details about the game. As far as I understand, the game has these new/improved features:

*Even more in-depth career mode
*More classic cars
*Interviews/media stuff?

That's not really enough to make me want to purchase tbh. I hope there are many more features and improvements.

Alonso86 said:
It needs a lot of work before being the perfect game. 
I think that's a matter of opinion but from a single player perspective 2017 was close to perfect for me.