Jump to content Jump to content

MAKE HEADLINES IN F1™ 2018

Faya

Something I really wish Codemasters would do, more to add variety more than anything else, is to allow the player to play the circuits backwards.
Just imagine Spa backwards and coming down Eau Rouge flat out instead of up hill, or even Monaco in reverse ;) 
They did a survey about this quite a while back, if I recall, and most people didn't want it.
(If you want to race Spa backwards in a fast car, though, you can do it in Grid Autosport.)
The only point that could make me buy this game is if they start support modding. Without driver transfers, new liverys every season and changing driver skills the careermode is just dull and not a bit better than 10 custom seasons. Plus modding can repair some of the fuckups like the way to low damage and bad car balancing, but not if times are just simulated from completely other files when you fast forward or simulate a session. Also: Let me watch the rest of quali when I am eliminated or the rest of the race when I DNF.
I hope they had customoised practise sessions for career line 2016. I like having three seassions and do not simulate as you get odd times so the ability to run half length practise with full length racing in career like in 2016 would be great.

Graphics need a bum especially on console, the PC graphics on Max are decent enough just about but compared to others not very good. No major bugs from last years game, if a bug reappears from last year then oh dear!
My analysis about the info:
"A comeback of highly requested feature" - it is not official HUD because of "comeback", i think it will be interviews..
"Better career" - probably some r&d changes, more seasons, interviews, press conferences, way more cutscenes.
IvanoZ023 said:
IvanoZ023 said:
More classic cars? Who needs it? This year  also not mentioned VR support ???

There's no way in hell that game engine can support VR.
Maybe he's got a new game engine.
I don't think VR is gonna be part of F1 2018 and to be honest, I don't think it's a problem.
Why no VR ? Simply because Liberty Media will ask Codemasters to first make the base of the game really as Official as possible to make his eSport scenes one of the best. Of course Brendon Leigh wasn't as highly praised as Lewis Hamilton, but still they put and keep quite some show around it.
So VR is a great and amazing thing, but in terms of the official licensing the game isn't there yet. At the same time, innovation and technology are part of the F1 DNA so... maybe in 2019, with a new game engine.

Why it isn't a problem ?  I think it's even a good thing. Like I mentionned, Liberty Media made an impressive step into eSport, especially compared to FIFA, NFL or NBA. Plus we're talking about a sport which had Bernie Ecclestone always saying "Social media and games are ****".
This impressive step also means Liberty counts on Codemasters to deliver the real deal, the great official game F1 deserves and not just a yearly iteration, they're making a bet on the future with eSports. In terms of money, Codemasters isn't as huge as EA but look at the improvements through F1 2016 and F1 2017. Meanwhile you can read everywhere that players of FIFA complain what the game doesn't change for 3-4-5 years... Those improvements are certainly related to Liberty Media, and them wanting more and more can only mean great things for us as F1 players.

nd;lr : No VR before 2019 but great counterparts to the base game thanks to Liberty Media's push on eSports.
Paul Jeal: “We were delighted by the reception that the highly-acclaimed F1 2017 game received"

That comment tells me everything I need to know. What did the community say? Not the positive feedback loop of reviewers, the actual community who come to this forum who post, suggest, find bugs?

So yeah, copy paste. Maybe 19 will be the one. 
We were delighted by the reception that the highly-acclaimed F1 2017 game received, and are extremely excited to be able to further build on such a strong starting point with F1 2018” said Paul Jeal, F1 Franchise Director at Codemasters.

Just to remind the F1 Franchise Director at Codemasters and everyone else how strong the starting point (F1 2017) of F1 2018 was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIB3_5zkOpc

All drivers are in the same region.
Two restarts because of driver DSC.
Then more drivers DSC during the race.
The leader DSC and when he rejoined the whole field was desynced, even for the spectators.
Noone knows who has won now.
“Over the past few years we have engaged heavily with our fan-base to understand what is important to them... We are also adding more classic cars, again listening to our fans as to which of the historical F1 cars they would most like to virtually drive next.”

I guess Codemasters has another forum which we all don’t know about?

Typicall PR / Marketing Text. Nothing new, Nothing Orignal, Nothing Mind Blowing.. 

Playing the game cause i’m an F1 fan.. but please codies just cut the B.S.. “Marketing for Dummies” 
Not at all excited by the usual dripfeed anouncement. The game's shaping up to be another copy and paste job (albeit with halos, a new track and likely some interviews/pressers - which will then likely have no impact on your career)....
Since F1 2010, the progression through the series (in 8 years no less) has been appauling! 

Imagine an offical F1 game;... 

• With no official F1 hud or presentation (that 30 sec copy n paste clip at the start of the race is a joke, lets be honest...and we all skip it)
  • With no telemetry
  • With no significant tyre management or Engine management features (tyre management sims in practice are beyond dull and make very little difference to the race tyre performance // lean-standard-rich mixes...I mean c'mon, its 2018 this is kind of insulting, how can the terminology not even be consistent with real life F1)
  • A static driver market (understandable with rights and so on)... but no F2/F3 to add more (actual) depth to the career!? no customisation across 10 years (except the horrific helmet pallets)
  • With no team orders, are there no team orders in F1?
  • With no realistic failures!? (Ever had de-rates? Ever lost power for a lap and had to do resets? Ever had a break-by-wire issue? Ever had to drive offline in the wet to cool intermediate tyres?
If I pitched an F1 game to you all, and told you the above...nobody would buy it!

Stop falling for the same old jargon. The above should be what differentiates F1 games from other racing games....sadly it seems Codemasters dont believe so.

Dont worry @jennyannem @Faya ...I dont expect a reply on why these glaring ommissions are left out year after year, sadly I've come to expect radio silence where it matters.

#VOTEWITHYOURWALLETS

I’m hoping there are more ‘under the hood’ changes this year that could be why it appears like there’s not as much in the way of new features. 

I understand that Codemasters would want to promote new game features to sell the game to an audience, including newcomers to the series.
but I really hope that as it gets closer to release there could be a lot more information on things that have changed ‘under the hood’ of this years game, such as performance, graphics, sound, bug fixes, online fixes etc (basically things that they might hold back on in the press release because they aren’t seen as substantial enough in the way of new features to the more causal audience) :)
Despite all the understandable scepticism here, I'm still curious/hopeful they get it right this year. They should get it right after three years. Allthough, new features = new bugs. Fingers crossed.
Just hoping for an in-game telemetry system. Having engineers recommend setups based on driving would be serious bonus - particularly if they could explain the reasoning behind the change. 
We need more things to do with spectating. A more refined HUD maybe even similar to what they do with Skysports where the hud is along the halo on T-Cam.
Online stewarding - Where spectators become stewards and if they see a crash deemed to breach rules and the game doesn't issue a penalty, they can do it for you. 
More information - Tyre wear, wing damage (Can't always rely on visual shots) number of penalties (without having to go to race director) Things that allow the commentators of leagues to have more in depth race analysis during races
JuanCarMR said:
@Faya

Safety Car will be fixed in this F1 2018 game or will be broken another year???

Of course I will not buy the game until the last patch will be runned and fixed the most important esport issues that will be broken at the launch. Sorry, but 8 years buying the game at launch year after year is enough.
It won't be fixed. It has been broken in various ways over the years and it never really got fixed through a later patch. Unless they start a game completely from scratch, preferably with a new engine, they'll never get it working.

Archived