Sign in to follow this  

100% distance ... fuel simulation a bit unrealistic?

Hi there,
I noticed on a 100% distance GP at Melbourne that the fuel simulation seems a bit unrealistic.
In qualifying I managed a 1:29.700 on the option tyres, rich mix, and obviously a small fuel load. In the beginning of the race I did laptimes of 1:32:300 on used option tyres and normal mix. In my opinion, the difference between a hot lap in qualifying and the first laps of a race should be more significant. The handling of the car also did not really feel any different during the race as compared to qualifying (brake points did not differ, speed in the fast turns were the same ...).

Also, later in the race times did not significantly improve on new primes as one would usually see in real F1.

Thoughts by other 100% racers?

Same problem here, lap times are very fast for full fuel at the start and only improve by maybe 4s through the race. Also found that the AI gain significantly more pace than the player due to the fuel effect, particularly in legend. Might be talking bull but those are my thoughts so far. Only done 100% in career atm 

Ye this is a bit strange but I put it down to the car being 50kg lighter than last year at the start of the race. It strange as I did a 100% race at bahrain and for 17 laps I drove within 2 tenths of my second lap on the first stint, I think the tyres lasting longer, not using as much fuel per lap and a lighter car at the start make the car pretty consistant through the races this year. Agree with understeer that the primes are slow but the AI are equally slow so least it fair on us, I think most races this year there has been a sec or two between the tyres tho so think codies have done a good job this year imo!!

CM should hire Geoff Crammond or dedicated F1 fan to do QA testing .... They have done a great job no doubt and thank you CM.. But if they call this the official F1 game , then attention to detail should be present as per all your findings above.... God know in F1 strategy is all we got..

By the way when I am travelling and can't take my PC or laptop on the road, Grand Prix 4 plays awesome on 150$ Dell Venue 8 pro... After all these years still the best AI ever made... still enjoying.... 

Given how buggy GP4 was on its initial release, I doubt I’d want Crammond in my QA department. Took a good few patches to get it as good as it ended up.