Sign in to follow this  

DO NOT PREORDER THIS YEARS GAME

Wait to see if everything from safety car to multiplayer is working correctly and then buy it!!

Nuff said

Cannot be said enough times.
Just don't buy until you are sure it delivers the promised quality.

Otherwise you basically get screwed over.

Thanks for the opinion, but I plan on pre-ordering.  I had very few issues with the last two games on launch day, and multiplayer doesn't interest me in the slightest because the game uses a P2P system. 

I mean you can't force me to wait. I buy the game if I want to and feel it's worth it.

Wait to see if everything from safety car to multiplayer is working correctly and then buy it!!

Nuff said
its silly to try tell me how and when to buy the game. Its been pointed out many times that some of us either do not play in all the modes where the problems are, or do not see most of the bugs that other players sees in the modes we do play. I dont even play multiplayer, so why would i base wether i buy it or not over it?

Nuff said

Because that's logical isn't it. If no one pre orders or buys early, how are you going to know about the bugs

Thanks for the opinion, but I plan on pre-ordering.  I had very few issues with the last two games on launch day, and multiplayer doesn't interest me in the slightest because the game uses a P2P system. 
UP100 said:
I mean you can't force me to wait. I buy the game if I want to and feel it's worth it.
kevinkirk said:

Nuff said
its silly to try tell me how and when to buy the game. Its been pointed out many times that some of us either do not play in all the modes where the problems are, or do not see most of the bugs that other players sees in the modes we do play. I dont even play multiplayer, so why would i base wether i buy it or not over it?
You see, I could argue against this idiocy, but I'm not going to. Wanna know why? Because life is too darn short, there is too much high-quality liquor in this world, and my antidepressants start to kick in, I've got better things to do.

That being said, do NOT pre-order, companies are NOT your friends, support only what is worth supporting, Mercedes AMG F1 fans are worse than Real Madrid fans. Cheers.

I support this notion. Not Pre-Ordering, even if you did not have any issues with F1 2017 (no idea how this could be), shows support to the big part of the community that has problems with the game and wants to be heard. Codemasters has this forum for feedback and complaints but when you see the F1 2018 announcement can see how many fucks they give when fans/customers have trouble or wishes. (Hint: Its less than zero)

I am happy for you that you have not experienced many issues with their games on the career mode side, howerver, seeing that you are not interested in MP, it would not surprise me.

UP100 said:
I completely agree with you and I am sorry that my wording makes it sound like I am "commanding" everyone to not preorder. Every person has the right to choose when the game is ready for him- or herself.

kevinkirk said:

Nuff said
It is far from silly.

I do not know how much you paid for your copy of F1 2017 but I paid the full price (55€) even though I mainly play MP with friends and leagues. Because I paid the full price, I also play the career mode sometimes even though it does not interest me as much. Why should I buy a game where I only play half of the content? I also did not notice many, if any issues with the sinpleplayer mode compared to the fiasco in MP. Leagues are a big part of the success of Codemasters Formula 1 game series, which can be proven by the massive and continuous growth of the APEX ONLINE RACING league as well as its cooperation with the official Formula 1 esports event and teams. If the official Formula 1 game and its developers do not deliver the promised quality of the multiplayer aspect, which is vital for an enjoyable as well as fair esports event with prize money, then it has a great negative effect on the future of Formula 1 gaming in general.

Now, if you are buying a game to play only half of it, that is your thing and money that you spend.
Noone can judge you for that.

However, buying a game that is half 
defective, even when only playing the working half, is supporting the sale of low quality software to the customers for the same price as a working and stable build of other games. The publishers/developers will always continue developing their games in the way that brings in the most money. If people keep buying games that are half broken, then they will continue to release games that are half broken. Why should they put money and effort into fixing issues if the players keep buying that state of their games? They don't care if you only play half of it. You have to try and put yourself in the shoes of an online player. We get low quality content year after year with very small changes, additions and bug fixing that improve only minor parts of the mode,while career mode has been expanded and worked on heavily. Whole features have to be deactivated manually by the players to avoid some of the major issues that can occur in an online race. There are obviously no other official Formula 1 game developers, so we have no alternatives to go to. Now imagine the whole situation reversed, with career mode being neglected year after year while online is more or less in a very good state. Would you still believe it is ok to support low quality publishing of games then?

mceci1 said:

Nuff said

Because that's logical isn't it. If no one pre orders or buys early, how are you going to know about the bugs

That is very dull thinking.
There are many studios, YouTube channels as well as websites that dedicate themselves to testing games and creating trusted as well as detailed reviews for the players.
But as you probably read above already, there are some who would still buy the game regardless of its state.  :D

fraggi said:
I support this notion. Not Pre-Ordering, even if you did not have any issues with F1 2017 (no idea how this could be), shows support to the big part of the community that has problems with the game and wants to be heard. Codemasters has this forum for feedback and complaints but when you see the F1 2018 announcement can see how many **** they give when fans/customers have trouble or wishes. (Hint: Its less than zero)
Cannot be said better.

I was surprised when I read the blog post regarding the announcement of F1 2018 and came across this:
“We were delighted by the reception that the highly-acclaimed F1 2017 game received, and are extremely excited to be able to further build on such a strong starting point with F1 2018” said Paul Jeal, F1 Franchise Director at Codemasters. 

"Ok, does he know anything about his games, did Lee Mather tell him anything regarding the negative feedback for online, is he simply giving his usual PR BS talk or is he simply f***ing kidding us?!" is exactly what I thought at that moment.

I would not be surprised if the Director of a game/ game studio has no clue what is actually going on with his/her games. Just take a look over to Electronic Arts  :D
Look at their statement from a few days ago where they said "FY 2018 was a year of growth and continued transformation for Electronic Arts and a year where our commitment to putting players first grew even stronger."

It is true that their stock grew even larger than before even with "Start Wars: Battlefront II" getting a BIG s***storm from all sides because of their excessive pay-to-win system. However saying that they "put players first" is such a BS and it shows that he, as the CEO knows nothing about the games his company publishes but the numbers and dollar signs.

But people will still buy their games...  :)

@JoeyGTX650 When you dont like the game, pls don‘t hate Codemasters and the community. You can have your own opinion, but you don‘t chose it, what the people doing. For example if you‘re Hamilton-fan, then someone say you must be Vettel-fan, because he‘s the best or something, but you don‘t like, what he said, because in your opinion is Hamilton the best, because he has the most poles.
This is only a example for you and the other haters to learn no hate :)

@JoeyGTX650 When you dont like the game, pls don‘t hate Codemasters and the community. You can have your own opinion, but you don‘t chose it, what the people doing. For example if you‘re Hamilton-fan, then someone say you must be Vettel-fan, because he‘s the best or something, but you don‘t like, what he said, because in your opinion is Hamilton the best, because he has the most poles.
This is only a example for you and the other haters to learn no hate :)
I don't think any body is hating on anybody,but the facts of the matter is things need to change,the state of the previous games has not been acceptable nor has codies support and communication with the community.Codies seem utterly unwilling to change the way they do things and are thus repeating the same mistakes year in and year out.The best way to facilitate change is to hit em where it hurts in the pocket.So I and many others will not be buying the game at launch as we have loyally done for years because we are fed up of below par games and awful support.I would encourage everybody else to follow suit if only for a bit of solidarity within the community because at the end of the day we all come on here because we love F1 and want the game to be the best it can be.

I am not pre-ordering nor buying when released until I know it's a full working product to buy.

However I do not agree with people saying, "I know it works for you but didn't for me so let's come together and not pre-order". If it works for them, then why can't they buy it? I know you think it's supporting a half baked product, but for them it's not. 

If it's MP that's the issue and all those affected do not pre-order or buy at launch, then it will hurt Codies just on that alone. No one playing MP; no one there to do eSports; massive news in this day of age and there the bad press will start. eSports will fall unless things change and boy will that not sit well with Liberty Media as they are all for it.

So if you want to pre-order or buy at launch as the game works for you then go for it. If it doesn't and you want to wait then again go for it. Asking someone to do something for your needs is a little harsh albeit with good intentions and for what could be conceived a good reason.

kevinkirk said:

Nuff said
Indeed I'l be basing my decisions on what I se from an SP point of view if I like what I see then I'll buy it if I don't then I won't. Haven't seen anything that's got me excited yet but there is still time.

this whole thread can be solved by pointing out issues multiplayer has cant be found until obviously, it starts being played in multiplayer in decent amount of numbers after release. of course them being fixed once found is a different matter

I think this whole thread is a useless load of crap simply because, and I have said this before, once we are getting closer to release date and beta outcome sounds promising most of those stating they will not buy will do so in the end. I do respect what you are getting at; make a statement and vote with your wallets, but this will only work if a sufficient number will act that way. Codemasters won't mis a night of sleep over the 10-20 making their statement here. Allthough it's good that you speak your mind and get it out in the open. For me, it will not work. I will buy day one. However, I do consider therapy.

Now you may shoot... :*

kevinkirk said:
this whole thread can be solved by pointing out issues multiplayer has cant be found until obviously, it starts being played in multiplayer in decent amount of numbers after release. of course them being fixed once found is a different matter

The historical pattern of not addressing known bugs/issues in prior installments does not inspire confidence that bugs/issues would be handled any better in future installments.

...I do respect what you are getting at; make a statement and vote with your wallets, but this will only work if a sufficient number will act that way...

One way to try to get more people to act is to speak out & raise awareness. Remaining silent will not give anyone any pause to think twice about how their purchasing decisions could affect the game/series & their fellow gamers. More people could be inclined to act if they see that there are many others who feel similarly.

I respect everybody's right to pre-order games, but my question for you is:

Why do you want to pay money for something that doesn't even exist yet? It should be completely fine for any individual to wait a few days after release at the very least, to make a somewhat educated decision on whether you should pay full price for the game or wait for a sale.
I can personally say that after playing F1 2016 and F1 2017, and paying full retail for both of them, that I wish that I had waited. That's what I plan on doing with this year's game.

peyt0n89 said:
Why do you want to pay money for something that doesn't even exist yet?

For that sweet collectible steelbook case & a few in-game cosmetic trinkets. B)

peyt0n89 said:

Why do you want to pay money for something that doesn't even exist yet? It should be completely fine for any individual to wait a few days after release at the very least, to make a somewhat educated decision on whether you should pay full price for the game or wait for a sale.
I can personally say that after playing F1 2016 and F1 2017, and paying full retail for both of them, that I wish that I had waited. That's what I plan on doing with this year's game.
 preordering isnt buying a game that doesnt exist yet. By then we see trailers, screenshots, and so on of the game we are buying.

I don’t play multiplayer in F1 because everyone is an idiot and crashes in the first corner. No point in doing a %50 race if that crap will happen. I focus on Career mode were I can be a factory team driver and become world champion.

I’m looking forward to this years game with the new direction especially with liberty media. Hoping they will be more lenient on what they will allow Codemasters to put into the game. Have already preordered so can’t wait

I don’t play multiplayer in F1 because everyone is an idiot and crashes in the first corner. No point in doing a %50 race if that **** will happen. I focus on Career mode were I can be a factory team driver and become world champion.

I don't bother with online anymore, because either 1 of 2 things or both, 1, people couldn't drive a bar of wet soap down an oil coated hole, let alone a race car on a game, and 2, people don't have the internet, they have a potato, which makes the broken online even worse

MrGhostO1O said:

mceci1 said:

Nuff said

That is very dull thinking.
There are many studios, YouTube channels as well as websites that dedicate themselves to testing games and creating trusted as well as detailed reviews for the players.
But as you probably read above already, there are some who would still buy the game regardless of its state.  :D

I'm sorry, what. I don't care about what youtubers and the lot may say, a large majority of them do it as a hobby, they say what they want, but they admit on their own accord that they don't know how to work around bugs. In fact, the only youtubers that have made solutions for bugs that I HAVE SEEN (key words right there) have been Tiametmarduk and Arrava. You could pour $100 million dollars into something, and chances are, there will still be a gremlin of some sort. Its like a brand new car, manufacturers put years and years of work into it, but what may look good on paper, may not translate and work in real life.

As for the opinion side of things from the said sources you mentioned, that is a very, very fine line. For example, I may think career mode was ALMOST perfect, not quite, but it was pretty decent, you may not. That is a matter of OPINION. That doesn't mean either one of us is wrong or right. Let's say some of us want offline AND online to work, in F1 2017, that wasn't all there, so for me personally, I enjoyed offline, but I quit online after a few weeks. That was the let down for me, however, others may just enjoy offline and career mode, why should they think its a bad game just because one doesn't like a certain area.

In regards to people pre ordering, NO ONE here has a right to tell anyone what to do. If a group of people want to pre order or buy on Day 1, they can, its not up to you, myself, Joey or anyone else to order people not to buy the game. In my country, that's actually a legal offense if the victim wanted it to be. I may wait, I may not, I will see what people are saying closer to the day and I will not be told what I can or cant do, and no one else should tolerate it either.

peyt0n89 said:

As I said to Ghost, we cant tell anyone what to do, we don't have a right to do that. If someone wants to pre order, that doesn't mean its an uneducated call, its their money, and in time, if Codemasters are ripping people off, it WILL bite them, just like Star Wars Battlefront 2 came back to bite EA, and now has absolutely blown any creditability they had into dust.