Jump to content Jump to content

FIA cover up

SamuelTrautman

yup i called you a ass and i will call you one again because that is what you were doing... being a ass with me and the others and now you try to get me to post my link (that is to your benifit i might add) by claiming i dont have it? sorry, i dont respond to this kind of pressure to prove myself, im not a 15yr old trying to impress the ladies anymore, so yeah you should of been a bit nicer in the first place.

Also, why did you ask for everyones opinions if you were just going to argue with them when they express them? Strange guy.... 

yeah I heard Charlie whiting say all this too, but was unable to back it up with solid facts, telemetry, video evidence etc. yeah we should just all believe Charlie, seeing as it was his call not to send the safety car out.

I never watched/read the Charlie Whiting interview, that was a quote from an eyewitness in the grandstand.

I'm confused as to what official replays are going to show that we can't assume. They'll either show he lost control of the car because of the conditions or his speed, there was a failure on the car, or a unicorn jumped in front of him. Whatever happened it resulted in a terrible accident with a tractor putting a driver in grave danger. I'm all for conspiracy and tin foil hats but I fail to see the conspiracy here. 

assumptions are ok, I mean we can all assume something then get the facts and it turns out totally different. With Charlie whiting saying what he did he implied it was Bianchi's fault. I don't see it that way. From the official video feeds you may see wrong flags waving, a river running down the track, something strange happening to the car etc etc etc. I really hope the sport learns its lesson from this, they had a close call with brundle and a smaller recovery vehichle at the same corner in the nineties and you would have thought after that if recovery vehichles go onto track then bring the safety car out. Im not saying you need a SC for every minor piece of debris on the track but when a JCB like the one involved is brought onto track the race should be neutralised asap.

If there's one thing I love & hate about this community, it's that the regulars are so close-knit as a community. This has several effects. The first is the banter, which is hilarious, we all instantly work out when it's called and none of us take offence. Unfortunately, for the fringe of the the community, they don't work this out, and take offence. Every time.

The other thing this does it that we all immediately band up together when a troll/n00b stamps his baby feet, whether we agree with each other or not. That's cool, for us at least, but not for anyone joining the community, as if they say anything wrong, that's the end of them, unless they are very apologetic, and persistent about it.

TL;DR, lay off on the new guys a bit.

On the contrary, this thread became a complete waste of space after 4 replies. And Samuel, you have to stop throwing your toys out the pram when someone disagrees with you. Else you get the Forum Wrath. And none of those posts were spam or abusive. You're wasting the mods time, and not making a good name for yourself.

Flagged for spam in 3, 2, 1... :stuck_out_tongue: 

It doesn't matter what Championship (or governing body)  it is, they always sit on the footage when a driver is seriously hurt or if his/her condition is unknown. It would be rather insensitive to the drivers relatives to start repeating footage of a potentially fatal incident before the fate of the driver is known.

Consider Rob Collard's massive crash in the BTCC a couple of weekends ago. There wasn't a single repeat of the incident until he got the all clear from the hospital. It's been this way for years.  

I have no doubt that the FiA have footage of the incident and I'm sure that it has already been seen by the appropriate parties when it comes to safety. No doubt it is embarrassing for them, as the issue of recovery vehicles on circuit has been mentioned before, but then again so has the issue of excessive speed under yellows. 

As with any serious racing incident, all I hope is that anything that can be learned by those in power to prevent a repeat of the same situation, is. 

That was very well put, and I completely agree with you tbtstt. It's always been the case when there's been a big accident that the broadcasters don't show the incident or replays of it until they know the driver is OK. Unfortunately Jules isn't OK so they haven't released it.

So a cover up? Get real son.

That was very well put, and I completely agree with you tbtstt. It's always been the case when there's been a big accident that the broadcasters don't show the incident or replays of it until they know the driver is OK. Unfortunately Jules isn't OK so they haven't released it.

So a cover up? Get real son.

seriously tho how long have you been watching f1? your quote about always being the case they never show a big accident shows to me how little you actually know about this subject. and your ending comment calling me "son" are you old enough to have kids dad?? lol