Jump to content Jump to content

FIA cover up

SamuelTrautman

That was very well put, and I completely agree with you tbtstt. It's always been the case when there's been a big accident that the broadcasters don't show the incident or replays of it until they know the driver is OK. Unfortunately Jules isn't OK so they haven't released it.

So a cover up? Get real son.

seriously tho how long have you been watching f1? your quote about always being the case they never show a big accident shows to me how little you actually know about this subject. and your ending comment calling me "son" are you old enough to have kids dad?? lol

I would agree with you in that it hasn't always been the case, but it has certainly been the trend in recent years. That applies to both F1 and motorsport as a whole; I don't recall the footage of the Andrea Mame crash being repeated - or resurfacing - following it's live broadcast but I personally don't believe it's due to some massive conspiracy. I just think it's considered poor taste and, considering the bigger picture, not a good advert for motorsport as a whole. 

I am far from the biggest fan of F1 and what the FiA/Formula One Group have done to the sport, but "covering up" this incident is not one of the criticisms I would level at them.

I would like to point out that Felipe Massa's accident was replayed when we didn't know what happened to him and how he was doing, but they didn't point out the spring that hit him on the head until it was clear he was conscious. So they have a history of not broadcasting the whole thing. It's also a public secret that Formula One as a whole got traumatized by the way Senna's death was broadcasted unfiltered to the world. Any situation that's so violent that the first thought of a viewer is that they've just seen someone die, won't get replayed as a direct cause to the Senna-accident. Needless to say, a driver smashing into a tractor falls under this category. The most violent crash I've seen before Bianchi's crash probably was Kubica's crash. And that crash got broadcasted live while Kubica was still in the middle of his crash.

Jiggy said:
I would like to point out that Felipe Massa's accident was replayed when we didn't know what happened to him and how he was doing, but they didn't point out the spring that hit him on the head until it was clear he was conscious. So they have a history of not broadcasting the whole thing. It's also a public secret that Formula One as a whole got traumatized by the way Senna's death was broadcasted unfiltered to the world. Any situation that's so violent that the first thought of a viewer is that they've just seen someone die, won't get replayed as a direct cause to the Senna-accident. Needless to say, a driver smashing into a tractor falls under this category. The most violent crash I've seen before Bianchi's crash probably was Kubica's crash. And that crash got broadcasted live while Kubica was still in the middle of his crash.
Fortunately we learned quickly that Kubica was OK despite his concussion in that instance. Personally I think the FIA are right to wait once Bianchi is up on his feet gain and we all hope he will be all we can do is wait.

Jiggy said:
which crash by kubi do you mean, hes had quite a few big ones, the one by kubi i remember the most is the 300kph canada 2007 crash where he went airborne and hit a wall resulting in peak 75g force at one point...  his car not even recognisable afterwards.... one of the most shocking i seen with no serious harm to driver, only slight concussion and a sprained ankle.

Tbh there is crashes where things are bad but there also crashes where we look back at it with fondness...

Like the 1998 Belgian gp where Coulthard span out on the start and took out the entire field.... I prefer to look back at these ones than the ones that that make me feel sad. :(

poor Coulthard