Sign in to follow this  

TAKE A LAP OF MONACO WITH CHARLES LECLERC IN F1™ 2018

The graphics, to me at least, look pretty much the same as F1 2017 in this video. I hope that through more gameplay footage we will be able to see the improvements that they speak about regarding weather, lighting and clouds.

One thing that I really have to point out is how sweet the surrounding of the track looks. It is very detailed and massive looking. As if the whole city is watching you drive. However, I really hope that the ANTI ALIASING is not TAA only as that option makes distant objects very blurry and gives me headaches after some time. I struggle on some tracks like Baku to see vertical meter-boards because of the blurriness. Hopefully FXAA will be an option this year.

Finally!
The car actually sounds like a real modern V6 hybrid era F1 car! Hearing that engine sound makes me already a bit excited but I will definitely wait and see if MP and SP works before I buy the game. ERS being implented is awesome too. This will hopefully also have a place in multiplayer races.

The car looks good even though I don't believe that this will be the final model. The halo does not take away too much attention from the driving but the mirrors are covered. I usually drive in T-cam and use the mirrors sometimes so it will take a bit to get used to not looking at them.

The car seems to have more downforce as he did not really struggle anywhere on the track.

Overall I think this is a good first visual and handling impression.  :)

liveTOwin said:
I dont understand why do they always make the steering wheels so small. By the way it's not the original one.
Thanks god they fixed the tyre size a little bit.
look.....its an other angle.....

I swear they just put in ERS simulation in order for me to eat my own words.

ImDyingYouIdiot said:                                   
- ERS management. Well, I never expected something like this anyway.

Well, hope it's bug-free. And that steering wheel really is a weird one.
I think it takes more to have you eat your own words or shut you up. A bug free game however...

ritti1987 said:
liveTOwin said:
I dont understand why do they always make the steering wheels so small. By the way it's not the original one.
Not only is the steering wheel smaller but also the whole car seems smaller. That is because the field of view is greater in the game to fit more information on the screen such as HUD and maybe even to see more of the track.

liveTOwin said:
I've always assumed it's some kind of compromise to make sure the hands never look like they're penetrating the side of the cockpit as they're turning the wheel... a visual annoyance (like the weird way the cars drive into their pit boxes) that saves them having to model/simulate more stuff more accurately.

Looking nice, but I would have liked to have seen a few clips from cockpit view, as that's what I drive from and am very interested in how that will look with the halo now

F1 driver using Tcam? Have they deliberately not shown cockpit cam, or did I miss it somehow? 

Well... can't say it doesn't look good. It really does. Graphics are good but they aren't my personal best focus, ERS is OH MY DID YOU ACTUALLY PUT THAT IN? <3 and the engine sounds are unbelievably good after what we got the last few years. Physics look good too, the car has loads of grip and this seems right to me. The model of the car itself is just a placeholder I think so I wouldn't worry much about the details

Ok so the 3 ERS bars on the steering wheel. I'm going to go ahead and say the top leftbar is the amount of ERS you can deploy on that particular lap. The top right bar is the amount you are harnessing through that lap. The big bottom bar is the total ERS (battery) available for the whole race.

So I reckon that depending on what you use or harness throughout the lap, the net of that usage is deducted from the big race bar. If you were to use the ERS for the whole lap with no harnessing, you will lose ERS at some point during the race as the big bar will run out. You will then need to harness it until the big bar regenerates.

If am right, this sounds epic!

FRACTURED said:
F1 driver using Tcam? Have they deliberately not shown cockpit cam, or did I miss it somehow? 
I’m guessing they left it out intentionally and instead went for the approach of replicating the view people see on TV, could be to make it appeal to more casual fans and newcomers to the series? If they showed it with a huge bar covering half the screen then I guess it might not look too good from a promotional point of view maybe 

After having watched the trailer a couple of times i must say:

Pros: 
-engine sounds seemingly got a massive improvement (though the other sounds that also make the experience much more realistic like the car flooring or chassis rattling for example couldn't be audible unfortunately because of the commentary and music being played on top)

-supposedly the official fonts (and possibly the official HUD) will be used

-lighting and color palette got a more realistic touch

-much more detail in the surroundings like grandstands / buildings / objects outside of the track etc.

-ers simulation + slightly more info on the steering wheel (whether or not the MFD will be included on the steering wheel is a question that will be very interesting to get an answer to sooner or later)

-camera angle looks pretty close to the real life ones (hope we get a wider range to choose from for the x/y/z values in the cam settings, fingers crossed for a much better "look to apex" function and possibly even a proper helmet cam)

-monaco track seems to have been made slightly more tighter to reflect the real circuit much better (though if compared side by side to the real track Codies version obviously still isn't laserscanned)

-tyres look to have the correct proportions and surface abrasion to it (they could be made a bit more lighter in contrast though imho)

Cons:
-Saubers steering wheel proportions are way too small (hope the Ferrari and Williams steering wheels won't be disproportioned once again)

-minor aero and car details such as the Halo winglets are missing (but it's still "work in progress")

-no driver leg protection inside of the cockpit (ffs, why?)

-sense of speed feels too slow imho

-drivers helmet isn't shaking as violently as irl and looks as if the driver is made out of steel, lel

-handling seems to be the same as in F1 2017 (hope it'll be slightly more difficult and that there will be a much bigger difference between assists vs. no assists, also hopefully tyre temps will have an impact in handling)

-the unique signature "second" turbo whistle of the Ferrari engine wasn't audible (at the moment there only seems to be one turbo whistle, but it's still "work in progress" and the audio wasn't necessarily clear to begin with because of the music + commentary)

Overall they seem to have made some good steps forward but a few of the glaring missing bits and pieces of "aesthetics", "officiality" and "audio" still haven't been rectified yet it seems.

Who knows, maybe they will do it for the final product and or we'll have to wait for another year.....

So I have to say I love the engine sound, I can't actly notice the visual uplift tbf, the sky and lighting is all I can take away from it. But otherwise it looks really good so far. Just hope for non-standardized wheels and we can actly get the irl wheels. 

liveTOwin said:
This has to do with the game camera and the actual TV broadcast camera (T-cam).
In reality, a fisheye camera is used;
In the game no, there are no such distortions, as if the car were wider, for example.

Could Codemasters add something like a filter, where we could enable the distortion of the fisheye camera. 

UPDATE: But that steering wheel really seems to be in Kid Mode...

So my opinion with the LED display and what it means. Bar on the top left seems to be something, could possibly be as Aarava said how much you have used, and h is how much you've charged. My other hypothesis is they have done the ers works so it works un-combined. So D is essentially a kers system which you deploy where and when you want to (so mgu-k), And H is something that will be deployed consistently over the lap (so the mgu-h). The big bar at the bottom I suppose it likely to be like an overall charge state, but as u can see changes under braking, so possibly is like an overall of what the battery is doing and the charge it has. There is also a box in the bottom right which could be ERS mode so ofc it is on Mode 5 for a hotlap. 

I don't wanna sound picky or judgemental but from this things can be made better i believe.I suggested a bunch of stuff via email to CM a few weeks ago before the launch

haydn23 said:

So my opinion with the LED display and what it means. Bar on the top left seems to be something, could possibly be as Aarava said how much you have used, and h is how much you've charged. My other hypothesis is they have done the ers works so it works un-combined. So D is essentially a kers system which you deploy where and when you want to (so mgu-k), And H is something that will be deployed consistently over the lap (so the mgu-h). The big bar at the bottom I suppose it likely to be like an overall charge state, but as u can see changes under braking, so possibly is like an overall of what the battery is doing and the charge it has. There is also a box in the bottom right which could be ERS mode so ofc it is on Mode 5 for a hotlap. 
"D" stands for Deployment and "H" stands for Harvesting. 
Bluish bar is overall battery charge.

@mantazzo Same thing happened in the 2017 game with Sauber. They've had a year or thereabouts to fix this issue. Hopefully it does get fixed by release

I do hope these features also make it to the third party dash apps, which I use instead of looking at the wheel. 

So... this is the new Bugormula 1 2017 ver.1.2 ? Let me tell you something : Don't expect anything from codemaster. I'm 100% sure that they will release a beta game, with tons of aero parts missing from the real cars, and they will never update this shi*. They will tell us to wait until next year. Seriously, how can you guys forget that ? This is why we keeping recieving games like that, with tons of bugs, my congrats to everyone who will buy the next game with full price.

On this video, I can see that the driver (again) don't have any hands animations, his hands will stand fix all the race. 1 hour without move a finger. I really love F1, but I will never buy again another game from CODE with full price. At least not until I see a real improvement. 

And remember: THEY TOLD US TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT GAME, BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE FOR US. OR MAYBE THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPETENT TEAM TO WORK ON THIS PROJECT. 

This is my first post here,  I was always just watching, but today I couldn't support this joke, they are joking with us.

f3rnandQ said:
So... this is the new Bugormula 1 2017 ver.1.2 ? Let me tell you something : Don't expect anything from codemaster. I'm 100% sure that they will release a beta game, with tons of aero parts missing from the real cars, and they will never update this shi*. They will tell us to wait until next year. Seriously, how can you guys forget that ? This is why we keeping recieving games like that, with tons of bugs, my congrats to everyone who will buy the next game with full price.

On this video, I can see that the driver (again) don't have any hands animations, his hands will stand fix all the race. 1 hour without move a finger. I really love F1, but I will never buy again another game from CODE with full price. At least not until I see a real improvement. 

And remember: THEY TOLD US TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT GAME, BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE FOR US. OR MAYBE THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPETENT TEAM TO WORK ON THIS PROJECT. 

This is my first post here,  I was always just watching, but today I couldn't support this joke, they are joking with us.
You know that this is still a work in progress right? This is probably a way earlier version of the game than they have now, I’m pissed too that online doesn’t work but you never know wether it will be a good game or not from just some trailers.

Shure, work in progress since 2010. This is the final game, just deal with it. Games never change so drastically from alpha/beta to final version. It's always the same.

Do wish Codemasters would use another way of hosting their promo videos other than YouTube. The compression on the video quality doesn’t look great. 

Would love to see a 4K version of the video with Leclerc :)

ritti1987 said:
liveTOwin said:
lmaoo its not the angle, just the steering wheel is not the real one, not realistic at all

BULLDOZOR said:
ritti1987 said:
liveTOwin said:
lmaoo its not the angle, just the steering wheel is not the real one, not realistic at all
Work in progress...