Sign in to follow this  

TAKE A LAP OF MONACO WITH CHARLES LECLERC IN F1™ 2018

I would have liked to see the cockpit view of this lap instead of the T-Cam view, but this is how F1 showcases its laps anyhow. Anyways, this footage looks great and crisp and I'm hoping cockpit will look the same where gear selections are more prominent for visuals, espeically on the classic cars. Yeah, but this footage looks GREAT! 

liveTOwin said:
I dont understand why do they always make the steering wheels so small. By the way it's not the original one.
Thanks god they fixed the tyre size a little bit.
Probably since they have 1 animation for the arms of the driver and need all steering wheels for all teams to fit those hands. Also probably so the animation doesn´t have the driver arms going through the cockpit headrest. I used to work on F1 mods for games like rFactor as a modeller, and this was always something that we saw when modelling the steering wheel real size, that the arms were very difficult to animate and not go through the headrest when turning the steering wheel.

Encarnia said:
Probably since they have 1 animation for the arms of the driver and need all steering wheels for all teams to fit those hands. Also probably so the animation doesn´t have the driver arms going through the cockpit headrest. I used to work on F1 mods for games like rFactor as a modeller, and this was always something that we saw when modelling the steering wheel real size, that the arms were very difficult to animate and not go through the headrest when turning the steering wheel.
So it's difficult to model, that would be a good excuse for someone modelling cars as a hobby. What's the excuse of the big-arse company sitting on *some* money?

This looks very good - excited about ERS and will pre-order - although still looking for in-game telemetry. 

Also can we see a cockpit view video? Thanks

Encarnia said:
So it's difficult to model, that would be a good excuse for someone modelling cars as a hobby. What's the excuse of the big-arse company sitting on *some* money?
Money or not, the excuse is they have many more important things to fix first. And so say we all.

Encarnia said:
Money or not, the excuse is they have many more important things to fix first. And so say we all.
True, and unfortunately it's not like they had multiple years to streamline their car modelling, and thankfully their most detailed and most accurately designed car - the F2002 - isn't stolen from a modder which just goes to show that their design department can't be all that up to snuff.

Wait.

liveTOwin said:
I dont understand why do they always make the steering wheels so small. By the way it's not the original one.
Surely they could go to like a seat fit or something and laser scan it. Maybe a bit of an ask, but I mean
they'll get really accurate cockpit models, which might make it easier to model the rest of the car a bit more accurately aswell. 

haydn23 said:
liveTOwin said:
Surely they could go to like a seat fit or something and laser scan it. Maybe a bit of an ask, but I mean
they'll get really accurate cockpit models, which might make it easier to model the rest of the car a bit more accurately aswell. 
Guys, first of all, ITS WORK IN PROGRESS, second of all, this is just a testing wheel which they use to test the game, the beta will probebly use the same wheel for ALL the cars just as last year. The base models are not aproved by the teams yet or there still working on it, dont worry, it has been like this all the previous years.

haydn23 said:
liveTOwin said:
Guys, first of all, ITS WORK IN PROGRESS, second of all, this is just a testing wheel which they use to test the game, the beta will probebly use the same wheel for ALL the cars just as last year. The base models are not aproved by the teams yet or there still working on it, dont worry, it has been like this all the previous years.
Yeeeah, that's not true, mate.

I've been part of both beta tests, and yes, they do use beta models, but they do not use these models to promote their game. The early beta models from last year looked vastly different than the ones being used in early gameplay footage.

haydn23 said:
liveTOwin said:
Dunno why ur having a go at me I was just suggesting a way of possibly improving the game. And plus if you remember when the beta has the standardized wheels you must remember the car model aswell? huh. The issue is they have publically released and shown off a car with this steering wheel, which they have never done before in my memory and then not gone and released the game with a standardized wheel. Im sure they won't do it tho, I'm sure they're working on it. 

However, in past years teams have passed through a poorly sized model, in fact they have done for the past 3 years soo we can't act like it's not an issue. Additionally, if we don't say now it's not likely it's gonna be fixed after release either. 

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/2hrlpbl.jpg[/IMG]

Not sure why everyone is complaining so much about this. Codemasters have confirmed on Twitter that the wheel will be updated to the official one.

Not sure why everyone is complaining so much about this. Codemasters have confirmed on Twitter that the wheel will be updated to the official one.
Good news. Thanks for sharing.

Now, let's talk about your usage of Tinypic...

Good news. Thanks for sharing.

Now, let's talk about your usage of Tinypic...
Haha, poxy urls. Never get it right when I do it from a phone. What’s the secret to get an image to embed on a site like this? ?

That's great then! Suppose I didn't spot that one ;)

f3rnandQ said:
So... this is the new Bugormula 1 2017 ver.1.2 ? Let me tell you something : Don't expect anything from codemaster. I'm 100% sure that they will release a beta game, with tons of aero parts missing from the real cars, and they will never update this shi*. They will tell us to wait until next year. Seriously, how can you guys forget that ? This is why we keeping recieving games like that, with tons of bugs, my congrats to everyone who will buy the next game with full price.

On this video, I can see that the driver (again) don't have any hands animations, his hands will stand fix all the race. 1 hour without move a finger. I really love F1, but I will never buy again another game from CODE with full price. At least not until I see a real improvement. 

And remember: THEY TOLD US TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT GAME, BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE FOR US. OR MAYBE THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPETENT TEAM TO WORK ON THIS PROJECT. 

This is my first post here,  I was always just watching, but today I couldn't support this joke, they are joking with us.
As this is your first post, I'll suggest you to check these rules. Sure you are entitled to have an opinion, but you're going quite far with the anger. There are better ways to try and get Codies to change for example by not buying the game as you stated yourself.

A Thread, Comment or Posting must not:

• Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory (also known as "flame baiting" and/or "trolling").
  • You shall not use sexually explicit or harmful language including the use of misspelled or punctuated words to insinuate, represent any of the above. (Also known as "masked swearing").
  • Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.

haydn23 said:
haydn23 said:
liveTOwin said:
Dunno why ur having a go at me I was just suggesting a way of possibly improving the game. And plus if you remember when the beta has the standardized wheels you must remember the car model aswell? huh. The issue is they have publically released and shown off a car with this steering wheel, which they have never done before in my memory and then not gone and released the game with a standardized wheel. Im sure they won't do it tho, I'm sure they're working on it. 

However, in past years teams have passed through a poorly sized model, in fact they have done for the past 3 years soo we can't act like it's not an issue. Additionally, if we don't say now it's not likely it's gonna be fixed after release either. 
Iam not going personal at you but at everyone who are complaining at everything that codemaster publish, there just not realising that codemasters is really trying to satisfy us with at least some footage.

FRACTURED said:
F1 driver using Tcam? Have they deliberately not shown cockpit cam, or did I miss it somehow? 
Can someone from Codemaster please answer?  This is perhaps the most relevant response in this thread and it went ignored....

Thanks for sharing mate. :)

--------------------

But still, they did not fully answer or clarify any details about the "issue" that we the community alluded to imho (very likely because it's only a few weeks before E3 and they won't try to spoil their ammunition yet):

Will the steering wheel size of the Sauber / Ferrari / Williams be correctly proportioned for the first time in F1 2018 or are we gonna have to be "satisfied" with a tiny "kiddy wheel" once again?

That is one of the many questions that Codies didn't find the right answer to for several years now, and it's not the only lack of detail in the "aesthetics" department of this franchise.

Speaking of "correct" proportions and "aaesthetics", or rather "officiality" to be precise, another big question mark still lies upon the driver leg protection in the cockpit, are they ignoring it for another season??

And what about the missing teamsponsor decals on top of the players custom helmets, or the fact that the tracks are not laserscanned and that they didn't bother to update the 2017 cars to the Abu Dhabi specs etc. etc. etc.???

Are we just gonna pretend as if those are of no importance in a "officially licenced" F1 game?!?!?!

Nonetheless, E3 will tell how they are going to treat their next installment, we can only hold tight and drink some tea or be impatient and get hyped out just to waste our hardearned money for no reason.....

Be patient, Be smart, #VoteWithYourWallet

Thanks for sharing mate. :)

--------------------

But still, they did not fully answer or clarify any details about the "issue" that we the community alluded to imho (very likely because it's only a few weeks before E3 and they won't try to spoil their ammunition yet):

Will the steering wheel size of the Sauber / Ferrari / Williams be correctly proportioned for the first time in F1 2018 or are we gonna have to be "satisfied" with a tiny "kiddy wheel" once again?

That is one of the many questions that Codies didn't find the right answer to for several years now, and it's not the only lack of detail in the "aesthetics" department of this franchise.

Speaking of "correct" proportions and "aaesthetics", or rather "officiality" to be precise, another big question mark still lies upon the driver leg protection in the cockpit, are they ignoring it for another season??

And what about the missing teamsponsor decals on top of the players custom helmets, or the fact that the tracks are not laserscanned and that they didn't bother to update the 2017 cars to the Abu Dhabi specs etc. etc. etc.???

Are we just gonna pretend as if those are of no importance in a "officially licenced" F1 game?!?!?!

Nonetheless, E3 will tell how they are going to treat their next installment, we can only hold tight and drink some tea or be impatient and get hyped out just to waste our hardearned money for no reason.....

Be patient, Be smart, #VoteWithYourWallet
I guess we’ll have to see how things progress over the coming months with regards to getting the aesthetics 100% right.  Can definitely understand the frustrations with it not being changed over the last few releases though.  Surely they could scan the official cars but maybe they’re not allowed to? ?

coolieboy said:
FRACTURED said:
F1 driver using Tcam? Have they deliberately not shown cockpit cam, or did I miss it somehow? 
Can someone from Codemaster please answer?  This is perhaps the most relevant response in this thread and it went ignored....
I mean given the general outlash of the addition of the halo i don't think anyone in their right mind would wanna cause more of an outcry in a gameplay release by going to cockpit view and having the community lose their heads over it. Maybe they are on the fence over the option to remove it or change opacity, either way it was definitely deliberate imo.

f3rnandQ said:
So... this is the new Bugormula 1 2017 ver.1.2 ? Let me tell you something : Don't expect anything from codemaster. I'm 100% sure that they will release a beta game, with tons of aero parts missing from the real cars, and they will never update this shi*. They will tell us to wait until next year. Seriously, how can you guys forget that ? This is why we keeping recieving games like that, with tons of bugs, my congrats to everyone who will buy the next game with full price.

On this video, I can see that the driver (again) don't have any hands animations, his hands will stand fix all the race. 1 hour without move a finger. I really love F1, but I will never buy again another game from CODE with full price. At least not until I see a real improvement. 

And remember: THEY TOLD US TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT GAME, BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE FOR US. OR MAYBE THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPETENT TEAM TO WORK ON THIS PROJECT. 

This is my first post here,  I was always just watching, but today I couldn't support this joke, they are joking with us.
This is still 'WORK IN PROGRESS' so give them time, they have a limited amount of resources to use for this game. The game might  not be polished but give them time

f3rnandQ said:

This is still 'WORK IN PROGRESS' so give them time, they have a limited amount of resources to use for this game. The game might  not be polished but give them time
Exactly this. Up until the 24th August we have to give Codemasters the benefit of doubt that between now and then they’ll update everything cosmetically.
I’m not saying everything will be 100% by then but for now we have to accept that the game is in a very early stage of development and see how things progress over the coming months ?