Sign in to follow this  

TAKE A LAP OF MONACO WITH CHARLES LECLERC IN F1™ 2018

f3rnandQ said:
So... this is the new Bugormula 1 2017 ver.1.2 ? Let me tell you something : Don't expect anything from codemaster. I'm 100% sure that they will release a beta game, with tons of aero parts missing from the real cars, and they will never update this shi*. They will tell us to wait until next year. Seriously, how can you guys forget that ? This is why we keeping recieving games like that, with tons of bugs, my congrats to everyone who will buy the next game with full price.

On this video, I can see that the driver (again) don't have any hands animations, his hands will stand fix all the race. 1 hour without move a finger. I really love F1, but I will never buy again another game from CODE with full price. At least not until I see a real improvement. 

And remember: THEY TOLD US TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT GAME, BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE FOR US. OR MAYBE THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPETENT TEAM TO WORK ON THIS PROJECT. 

This is my first post here,  I was always just watching, but today I couldn't support this joke, they are joking with us.
This is still 'WORK IN PROGRESS' so give them time, they have a limited amount of resources to use for this game. The game might  not be polished but give them time
More time ? They are working in progress since 2010.

The often-repeated "it's still a work-in-progress, so give it time" case might be more comforting if:

• it hadn't already been used countless times before on games that were later released to retail with problems that were spotted before launch & in prior installments

• it hadn't already also been used countless times before on games after retail launch & after day-one patches ("it's still a new game, so give them more time to release more post-launch patches")

• it wasn't in reference to a series that has left frequently-reported bugs in their games year after year

• it wasn't in reference to a game series that's been re-skinned by the same company year after year for almost a decade and should therefore be in a much better position for a much stronger showing by now

• their own announcement hadn't referred to their 9th installment as "a starting point"

...but unfortunately, as much as I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, history has prepared a lot of people for yet another let-down.

To all saying it's work in progress - stop kidding yourself. It's been work in progress for Codemasters since they started making F1 games. The engine hasn't changed so much in the last few years to warrant a complete rehaul of literally everything.

A simple example is the animation when leaving pitstops - it's been broken in the last few games (just look at that ridiculous jerking, can't even drive out in a smooth manner, it just pops into place) and it's still not been fixed. Of course, the typical excuse is - there are more important bugs to fix. True, except there are also bugs that are easy to fix but never are and never will be. Yet, there will be hoardes of diehard fans flocking in and preordering the stuff, padding sales numbers so that Codemasters can tell FOM it's a successful product and keep their license.

Gosh, I can't wait till someone else actually gets a shot at making an F1 game. CM have had the privilege for far too long.

While I agree with the above point it should also be pointed out screen tearing will probably still exist on the next game unless the AMD freesync makes any difference on the Xbox X. I might be wrong it could be a issue sorted on the consoles after years of waiting. Doubt it though 

To all saying it's work in progress - stop kidding yourself. It's been work in progress for Codemasters since they started making F1 games. The engine hasn't changed so much in the last few years to warrant a complete rehaul of literally everything.

A simple example is the animation when leaving pitstops - it's been broken in the last few games (just look at that ridiculous jerking, can't even drive out in a smooth manner, it just pops into place) and it's still not been fixed. Of course, the typical excuse is - there are more important bugs to fix. True, except there are also bugs that are easy to fix but never are and never will be. Yet, there will be hoardes of diehard fans flocking in and preordering the stuff, padding sales numbers so that Codemasters can tell FOM it's a successful product and keep their license.

Gosh, I can't wait till someone else actually gets a shot at making an F1 game. CM have had the privilege for far too long.
Kunos make a hell of a job with F1 cars... Sound/models, tracks, way better than CM. It just feel more "real" to drive a F1 car. 

f3rnandQ said:

Kunos make a hell of a job with F1 cars... Sound/models, tracks, way better than CM. It just feel more "real" to drive a F1 car. 
As much as I love Assetto Corsa I genuinely don’t think they have the resources to do a yearly title, especially for multiple platforms and home consoles too.
i do however ageee that the screen tearing should have been addressed years ago.  

I do think Codemasters have the ability to fix it (especially as Onrush has new performance options prioritising framerates or resolution depending on which is selected, and that does also use CM’s own EGO engine),
...but I think that fully fixing a lot of things will require starting from scratch again, something which CM are probably reluctant to do because they’d have to scale back on the features and we’d end up with F1 2014/2015 all over again.  

It will have to happen at some point sooner or later though, but for now I think they will continue to build upon the success of F1 2016 and 2017.

I heared a lot about sounds . I want to ask this is from game or not , personaly i dont think they have any reason taking the sound of sauber onboard from real life but tell me your thoughts 

As much as I love Assetto Corsa I genuinely don’t think they have the resources to do a yearly title, especially for multiple platforms and home consoles too.

No company wants to commit the resources to a yearly title unless its majority copy/paste. Its why they've all stagnated so much. FIFA, NBA 2K etc make tiny imrovements year to year and have basically become about earning/purchasing Virtual Currency / RNG Card packs etc.

Codemasters don't even seem to be able to correct issues from one game to the next, they just copy and paste the broken code in with two fingers up to the consumer. Maybe if they had a longer release/development cycle, and could actually spend the required time to work on bettering their game rather than just a cynical yearly money grab, we could end up in a better situation for everyone. Though based on the questionnaire, sounds like we'll get the same yearly release frustration as well as RNG loot boxes. 

How long until pay to win RNG boxes with a qualifying "Party Mode" for your engine??

I wonder, theoretically, if Kunos or anyone else had gotten the contract in 2008 to have F1 rights exclusively from 2009 thru 2018, would they have also gone with the current release style of broken yearly releases with tiny improvements as we see now? 

Or would we have had something more forward thinking like 3/4 year cycles of an F1 game with downloadable season updates. The biggest changes between seasons are the liveries/assets which change each year. The actual performance data as I understand it is located in editable files and it would seem that the visual assets (inb4 f2002) are the only thing keeping the game from a more suitable release style. 

FRACTURED said:

No company wants to commit the resources to a yearly title unless its majority copy/paste. Its why they've all stagnated so much. FIFA, NBA 2K etc make tiny imrovements year to year and have basically become about earning/purchasing Virtual Currency / RNG Card packs etc.

Codemasters don't even seem to be able to correct issues from one game to the next, they just copy and paste the broken code in with two fingers up to the consumer. Maybe if they had a longer release/development cycle, and could actually spend the required time to work on bettering their game rather than just a cynical yearly money grab, we could end up in a better situation for everyone. Though based on the questionnaire, sounds like we'll get the same yearly release frustration as well as RNG loot boxes. 

How long until pay to win RNG boxes with a qualifying "Party Mode" for your engine??

I wonder, theoretically, if Kunos or anyone else had gotten the contract in 2008 to have F1 rights exclusively from 2009 thru 2018, would they have also gone with the current release style of broken yearly releases with tiny improvements as we see now? 

Or would we have had something more forward thinking like 3/4 year cycles of an F1 game with downloadable season updates. The biggest changes between seasons are the liveries/assets which change each year. The actual performance data as I understand it is located in editable files and it would seem that the visual assets (inb4 f2002) are the only thing keeping the game from a more suitable release style. 

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head. Would even go as far as to say that Codemasters themselves would probably prefer to perhaps maybe do a yearly DLC to add features and update the liveries and car performances relative to the current season.
Kind of think they don’t get that luxury though and suits in charge probably want a new full title released each year that they can justify charging the £50 price tag for.

i really hope they don’t go down the loot box route, surely all the criticism EA have had recently for it will be enough to deter other developers from trying it? ?

Could someone please make a 2017 vs 2018 side-by-side comparison video for Monaco?  I'd like to see what visual improvements there are.

Could someone please make a 2017 vs 2018 side-by-side comparison video for Monaco?  I'd like to see what visual improvements there are.
Hard to see much of a difference at the moment if I’m being honest, I did do a side by side comparison but the YouTube compression really doesn’t do it any justice at all. I do wish CM would use another platform to showcase their videos or at least upload them in 4K so they look as good as possible ?

Viewing Tiametmarduk's video of this trailer, you see a huge amount of detail in the wall when you come out of the tunnel in 2018 which I don't believe is in 2017 - looked awesome. The rest, I know nothing!

Dark shadows!
In the game video the shadows on the track are dark (black) as in F12017. When you watch the onboard video from Ricciardo, there are the shadows more bright (grey). I would prefer a bright visibility like in real.

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2018/5/ONBOARD__Daniel_Ricciardo's_Monaco_pole_lap.html

Dark shadows!
In the game video the shadows on the track are dark (black) as in F12017. When you watch the onboard video from Ricciardo, there are the shadows more bright (grey). I would prefer a bright visibility like in real.

https://www.formula1.com/en/video/2018/5/ONBOARD__Daniel_Ricciardo's_Monaco_pole_lap.html
Personally think the lighting was closer to what we see of the T-Cam footage on TV on previous games like F1 2015 and 2016.  F1 2017 has a very vibrant colour/lightness palette where the darks are very dark and the lights are very light.  I was quite critical of the look of F1 2017 at first because of this but that was mainly because I found myself comparing to what we see of the onboard footage on TV.  In cockpit mode however F1 2017 looks gorgeous and a huge step up from the earlier games.  
The feature list for F1 2018 mentions improved lighting and the video of Leclerc driving Monaco does give the impression they’ve gone for a more realistic look for this years game ?

Cant see much difference myself. They talked about improved clouds etc but the sky is clear blue so you Cant make any comments on that. Hopefully in the next video we will see something different 

Dez0808 said:
Cant see much difference myself. They talked about improved clouds etc but the sky is clear blue so you Cant make any comments on that. Hopefully in the next video we will see something different 
Have to agree I couldn’t initially see much difference at first also. I did try a side by side comparison with a screenshot I took myself in F1 2017 from the same exact moment of the track.  The YouTube compression definitely didn’t do it any justice by comparison and I hope CM could perhaps upload future videos in a higher resolution, could be wrong but I’m pretty sure YouTube allows for higher resolution than 1080p now? 

Dez0808 said:
Improved clouds is one of the main features everyone's been waiting for in the next iteration of this game :smiley:

Dez0808 said:
Have to agree I couldn’t initially see much difference at first also. I did try a side by side comparison with a screenshot I took myself in F1 2017 from the same exact moment of the track.  The YouTube compression definitely didn’t do it any justice by comparison and I hope CM could perhaps upload future videos in a higher resolution, could be wrong but I’m pretty sure YouTube allows for higher resolution than 1080p now? 
Correct. They support up to 8K. Not only that, they support HDR, too.

I would advise not to buy this game at release. Wait a little and see how it goes. Tell as many people as you can. 

MachOne1 said:
I would advise not to buy this game at release. Wait a little and see how it goes. Tell as many people as you can. 
If no one buys the game at release, how will anyone know to buy it or not?

MachOne1 said:
Ah, perception. Maybe some will purchase on Relase date +1 and by release date +2 we'll ahve a non paid for review.  If a tree falls in a wood and there's nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MachOne1 said:

Aaah, I was waiting for a comment like this, a bit later than I expected though. 

I don’t think you understand what I mean and perhaps I should have made myself a bit clearer. I made a similar comment in another thread and everyone seem to understand what I was saying. 

Anyway, What I will say is each year there are those who will definatley buy on release no matter what, and then there are those that are fed up and annoyed by bugs and various other problems etc each year and are in two minds about wether to buy on release or not.