Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which AI do you run?

I use 110 and i think that 110 AI is still to easy to overtake/defend and a bit slow, I would like codies to add a 115 AI 0.5 faster or make 110 AI a bit harder to overtake/defend

i can race with 103 but it very easy to win there but Melbourne i can race up to 110 when im not caught by dirty air

It kinda sucks for me.
I run 97.

In races i could probably do with 105, but my qualifying isn't really grea. I always start in the midfield as one of the 3 top teams with that level.

110 as the AI was made slower/less aggressive in some update as the community kept complaining about it I believe.

Bet you everyone added a few inches to their answers  B)

Used to be somewhere between 90 and whatever Max was on '16. Slightly lower for FP1-3, Slightly higher for qually and race.

Usually I play at 104, but you have to tweak it at some races to get a proper AI. Like in Brazil, China or USA I lower it while I increase it in Canada, Australia and Abu Dhabi. But I don’t think its only due to the AI, we all have our own driving style, weakness and preferences

Used to be Legendary difficulty in all previous games and 101 for F1 2016 and 2017 but I was only doing practice programs and straight to the qualifying and race. Season 3 of my career I took more seriously and practiced every track on time trial before going to career. I can now race on 110 on every track and even think it's a bit too easy.

For anyone struggling with higher difficulties, I was stuck on 101 since F1 2016. My problem was simply putting the power down in traction zones. I was always too careful which lost me a lot of time.

I play at 105 and it's a very close fight between me and Seb. Then we get to Montreal and I'm a lot faster, we go to Silverstone and he humiliates me in the wet. I hate Silverstone sooo much...

110, the AI is way too easy for me in Qualifying. even in the race they're easy, but I'm still able to outperform the car due to the AI not being as good :P. So it's quite fun out-qualifying your team-mate by 1.5 seconds lol 

Used to run about 80, then I got into the Apex Online Racing league and made huge leaps and bounds in my driving style and speed. Now I'm using 110 AI as that's the only way to really tell how fast I could be against other drivers.

Using the highest available. So 110.                                                                     

So it's me running 50% with all assists on apart from brakes off and career team McLaren !  Should I be kicked off the forum ha ha........my only excuse is I'm age 72

(PS4 and a pad)

110, and still feels too easy sadly.. I win more often than not in a non-upgraded Haas. They should make the AI more challenging for league racers like myself.

110, no assists.
1 to 1.5 s faster than team mate. Best qualy lap and fastest lap in race sometimes 2 s faster.
Up to 2.5 s faster than deltas in some practice sessions (recently did China race strategy practice session and my 5 laps were between 1.5 s and 2.5 s faster than the delta in dry).

I'm only top 150-200 in TT, still an entire second off from the top.

So it's me running 50% with all assists on apart from brakes off and career team McLaren !  Should I be kicked off the forum ha ha........my only excuse is I'm age 72

(PS4 and a pad)

It really doesn't matter, some are running on high difficulty (and some just claim to be ;) ), but everyone has their own choice of assists; some drive like it's real, others are learning where they can get away with cutting the corners at every opportunity; others are running lower difficulty, with a different choice of assists. 

The only important thing is that your settings suit you and give enjoyable racing. Mine are not much higher, in the 70s usually, with a bit of ABS and traction control.

(Note to Codemasters - I don't care how fast you make the highest AI setting, as long as you always cater for all abilities from slowest to fastest).

I'm 55yrs old and enjoying the career mode, I'm glad to see someone my senior still enjoying it too :)

At the moment 85. i would use more because i dont expect so much in my career. The worst car and mybe the worst driver. But i need the ressource pionts to develop my car and i fear with way higher AI i wouldn‘t get any points. 
The only thing which is really bad at 85 (and maybe also higher) is the blue flag behaviour. When i get the blue flag the other car is far behind me and i have only some corner time to let him pass. Yesterday i had to slow down really strong and AI didn‘t well overtake on straights. I had to fully stop at the corner entry to let him pass and also Wehrlein who was behind me passed. I would think that the leader will pass me on straights if i go from race line and lift the throttle. Thats the normal behaviour otherwise you loose a huge amount of time. 

Started off on 95, pretty quickly worked my way up to 110. Pretty comfortable on 110 now, usually a bit faster.