Sign in to follow this  

Career - First Impression

How important is the Enige status? Im still on my first engine, and got 12th in Spain Qualifying. And wonder if I could make Q3 with e new engine, since I was something like 0.020 or something behind 10th place. And my engine is on 82% or something

RipperGP said:
A different question and it's for F1 2013 too as I never touched career mode on that, can you take a lower team like Marussia and if you stick with them for the whole 5 seasons can you get to the brink of winning or is they performance always pegged back? 
13 performance stays the same but its a fun game in career mode none the less if you want changes in performance tier have to roll back to 12 season game and i loved that one it was fun in the caterham taking them to the top me an Hiekki Kovalainen shame his career ended in a dead end grid team sigh fingers crossed new owners of the green machine can take it to the points in seasons to come

Got a bit further in career and it's not going bad but because my car is underdeveloped I'm finding that every race now is just a trulli train with me holding up the whole pack, it's not so fun really I want fair even racing 

I think CM don't have much employees, all years same game modes, same all. I love the new handling, but thats all? I guess they must rewrite the career mode and do it more like 2010. More game modes, more challenges, differente I+D...

Lol, I like Codemasters...but not to insult this years game could have been done by 2 person modder crew in 3 months by working 3 hour days. Sure there are other things than just developing, it's paperwork mainly I bet that makes it take the ages for the game to be released. Either way, I will never understand what's the benefit of taking features out rather than adding them...or at least leaving them as is.

And also, how did the construction championship in season 1 ends? In my career so far(just 5races) here are so far Mercedes and Red Bull the best teams, and thats OK. But, Ferrari, McLaren and Force India is overpowered and all those 3 cars beats Williams so far

And that's why tier changes need to make a return with an upgrade. The same results will keep occuring. It's better than it was in 2013 as tier 1 and 2 are closer now but the gap between tier 2 and 3 is far too big. The gaps need to be reduced again. 2012 had this nearly spot on.
If they had mid season tier changes then it could reflect real life somewhat. Williams this year started off as a "tier 2" team but toward the end of this season are now very much "tier 1" whereas Ferrari have definitely gone down. But since we will see no changes then Williams are always going to be a lower end of the top 10 while Ferrari will remain fighting at the front.
Even "track tiers" could help shake the results up a bit. For example tier 1 at Melbourne could be Merc, Red Bull, Ferrari and tier 1 for Malaysia could be Merc, Red Bull, Mclaren and then Bahrain could be Merc, Williams, Force India etc.
This is something I hope can really be upgraded for the new gen versions.

Maybe codemasters should make a patch for random tier movements both during a season and at the start of every new season.

Just a suggestion.

And that's why tier changes need to make a return with an upgrade. The same results will keep occuring. It's better than it was in 2013 as tier 1 and 2 are closer now but the gap between tier 2 and 3 is far too big. The gaps need to be reduced again. 2012 had this nearly spot on.
If they had mid season tier changes then it could reflect real life somewhat. Williams this year started off as a "tier 2" team but toward the end of this season are now very much "tier 1" whereas Ferrari have definitely gone down. But since we will see no changes then Williams are always going to be a lower end of the top 10 while Ferrari will remain fighting at the front.
Even "track tiers" could help shake the results up a bit. For example tier 1 at Melbourne could be Merc, Red Bull, Ferrari and tier 1 for Malaysia could be Merc, Red Bull, Mclaren and then Bahrain could be Merc, Williams, Force India etc.
This is something I hope can really be upgraded for the new gen versions.
Idfinetely think that's an interesting idea Wynter lets hope they make it a possibility again

RipperGP said:
As we know you can choose any team in season one, is this still the same in season 2 or is it just offers based on your performance?
From Season 2 I think i't's same sa before based on your performances
Its random... Im just simulating season 1 now, to test my car performance changes and database more real life perfomance changes. So I have simulated all races so far, so ofc 0 points. And in mid season, I got offer from Red Bull...

Change Tier,Please CM! @Hatta

Williams Tier2→Tier1

Toro rosso Tier3→Tier2

Tier1:Mercedes,Red bull,Williams,Ferrari

Tier2:Mclaren,Force India,Toro rosso

Tier3:Lotus,Sauber

Tier4:Marussia,Caterham

Williams Tier2→Tier1

Toro rosso Tier3→Tier2

Are you on PC, PS3 or XBOX?

FMassa93 said:

Williams Tier2→Tier1

Toro rosso Tier3→Tier2

Are you on PC, PS3 or XBOX?

PS3.

FMassa93 said:
RipperGP said:
As we know you can choose any team in season one, is this still the same in season 2 or is it just offers based on your performance?
From Season 2 I think i't's same sa before based on your performances
Its random... Im just simulating season 1 now, to test my car performance changes and database more real life perfomance changes. So I have simulated all races so far, so ofc 0 points. And in mid season, I got offer from Red Bull...
well in my case it's always been based on my performancers

Should be more like:
Tier 1: Mercedes
Tier 2: Red Bull, Ferrari, Williams  (About 0.5-0.8 behind tier 1)
Tier 3: Mclaren, Force India, Toro Rosso (About 0.2-0.5 behind tier 2)
Tier 4: Lotus, Sauber (About 0.5-0.8 behind tier 3)
Tier 5: Marussia, Caterham (About 0.5-1.00 behind tier 4)
If they had to keep tiers like they are that is.

It's really quite frustrating now driving for a top team where your car is over a second slower than your teammate, by the time I get all the upgrades the season will be over! 

Half way through medium career at the moment and really enjoying it. Just wish I could do better against the AI's on full wets, cant get close to the leaders times at all. Vettel and Alonso seem to be going round the circuits like they're on rails on full wets.