Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Game Ideas and Suggestions

I dont know if this is a good idea or not but Codies did say F1 2015 would be released earlier than its predecessors.
- Id like the engineer to call me in when others pit ahead. ( I decided to do one more lap on Wet's when everyone ahead pitted ( i didn't know they pitted until i passed the pit entry) i lost several seconds and positions and was thinking, if only the engineer had messaged me before I got too the pit entry that everyone ahead was piting.  Just a BOX, BOX, BOX would've had done. (He also when i pitted for dry tyres on a dry track said Inters where "the tyre to be on". O.o

- An increased puncture potentiality. When others hit my rear tyres I dont feel the consequence. It would add to the realism but would possibly help online players to respect each other. (the first online game on F1 2014 I was punted off at the first turn :/ )
- Race Objectives. I really cant get my head around these. (Toro Rosso, China, 100% ) I qualify 6th (in the Dry) behind 2 Mercedes 2 Red Bull and 1 Ferrari and my Race objective is to finish 4th???? C'mon.
P.S.- Im thoroughly enjoying F1 2014 but there's always room for improvement.

Grid Autosport has the d-pad used for asking your race engineer things. You can ask about the gap to your team-mate, your event rival, the guy ahead of you (guy behind you if in first) and what, if any, damage that your car has suffered, including internal parts such as the gearbox. You'd imagine it's something they're at least considering to include in NG F1.

But then if they wanted to, they could have probably done that for F1 2014....

I would like have some radio contact with my engineer. Perhaps even with the Kinect (crazy thought). I want to be able to tell my engineer by voice that I want Prime tyres in my next pit stop. Or be able to ask him "What is my gap to the car in front" and he would reply "Lewis is 5 seconds ahead of you". 

Adjustable differential. Been dying to have this in the game for ages. Would be great to be able to control the car balance through the race as fuel comes down and tires wear.

also I think they should take advantage of gp2 and gp3 and put that in the game. After all, the motogp game has moto2 and moto3 

Joethe155 said:
Grid Autosport has the d-pad used for asking your race engineer things. You can ask about the gap to your team-mate, your event rival, the guy ahead of you (guy behind you if in first) and what, if any, damage that your car has suffered, including internal parts such as the gearbox. You'd imagine it's something they're at least considering to include in NG F1.

But then if they wanted to, they could have probably done that for F1 2014....
true but GAS doesn't have pit stops the ability to turn your engine up or down during the race or the ability to change your strategy on the fly so much because both systems use those same buttons

flankerpang a headset would be better bc then same thing can be used on ps4 and pc version and would be easier to put in the game etc universal is the way

Two things. Better AI so you can't pass 3 cars in one corner. And better crash physics so you can't hit a wall or another car and have no damage. 

Number44 said:
- An increased puncture potentiality. When others hit my rear tyres I dont feel the consequence. It would add to the realism but would possibly help online players to respect each other. (the first online game on F1 2014 I was punted off at the first turn :/ )
I don't know if it's been fixed/changed in new F1 games, but in my experience, when I am driving behind an AI up to a corner, I have to brake sooner than I would normally like to so that I don't bump into the guy in front of me. A lot of times (and believe me, I am not braking unreasonably too soon, I even try to hug the guy in front of me to reduce the chance that this happens), this results in the AI behind me bumping me and losing his wing. I think that's why codemasters made it so I can't be damaged in the back. The AI isn't perfect, but it is by far my favorite AI of any racing franchise I've ever played, and although it is less immersive, I agree with not being damaged in the back, assuming the AI continues that behavior I described. I am talking about F1 2012. I don't know if 2013 and 2014 are different.

I've got a great idea for 2015, take the contract away from CM and give it to another developer that will produce a bug free game with the things that the public have been asking for since the beginning of time!

I'd like to have more of a feel that you're in a team. As it stands you're really just driving for yourself, but I'd like to see some more team based gameplay. Like if you punt your team mate off the track it should affect the team and your team mates opinion of you, especially if you're the number 2 driver. Also, if you're the number 2, the team may ask you to hold position behind the number 1 driver or ask you to give up your position for him, and whether or not you decide to follow that order affects your relationship with the team and your team mate. If you follow the order, your team will look favourably on you, but if you ignore it you lose some prestige within the team. However, if you ignore the order and you score points or win the race, or if your team mate crashes out, then the team's opinion of you would be better.

Also there should be more rivalry between you and your team mate. In my own career I've out raced and out qualified Hamilton in 6 races, but in all of the end race cut scenes he's been there to happily shake me by the hand. From watching F1 I know that he'd be a lot less happy to be outperformed by such a big margin. F1 is as much about the drama off track as it is the action on track and the game should reflect that in some way.

I'd also like to see mechanical problems that can affect your championship. Like the loss of an engine, an electrical problem, a slipping clutch at the start of the race... And an option to turn it off for those that just want a straight forward racer.

My suggestions would be to bring the live the life back but also expand on it, pre practice interview, if your in a lower team you have less interviews, pre qualy interview post qualy interview and pre and post race interview, this may be annoying so maybe havethe option to turn it off, and if you have it on you can skip the interview but you might lose respect for the team or might have in the newspaper or on a website like a made up one ( codiesf1.com ) where jornalists say player 1 has missed an interview where you could lose fame aswell? 

then in career mode and co op, obviously practice 1 and 2 should be back where you could have the option it you run a full weekend with all practice sessions you csn choose to do an extended R&D where you do as many laps as possible testing a new part, the more laps the better chance of it working, if you do 3 laps then you risk the chance of the part failing? 

I have many more suggestions but this is enough for now lol

Also mechanical problems, the option to turn the on and off, also an option to turn on "real time repairs and setup changes" where if you load a setup at the start thats fine but if you want to change the suspension, brakes or allingment it takes 2-5 minutes in real time, the more dramatic the setup the longer the time so say for some reason you have your brakes at 40-60 low and small, if you want to change it to 60-40 high standard it takes 5 minutes, and if you lose your front wing you come into the pits and you see the mechanics take off the wing and put a new one on in the garage, this would only work with practice 1, 2 and 3 as you would lose to much time if it was only a 1 hour session.

then you could also see the engineers working on the car, if you change brakes they take off the wheels and 2 mechanics on each brakes fiddle around with them, and while they do that you could go to your tv monitor and watch the session where you can go onboard with the ai or player (if in co op) or go to the real tv cams around the track like rfactor, then when the changed are done your engineer says okay the changes are ready, go out to track when you want, also when in the garage you can have the option to get out and go to the middle of the garage and look at telemetry where you can see simple things like speed traps, average sector speed and compare gears to only your team mate, now that is live the life haha :p

Annual event.

Codemasters doesn't espouse your opinion every year.

FP1&FP2,Formation lap,realistic replay camera,interview,paddock menu. 

I would like to see in career mode the setup options be taken away from player control. Your a newbie to the sport with no experience so the team should make the decisions with you being able to give small feedback like too much oversteer. Also be forced to their pit stop strategy. Then as you progress and get results more setup options are unlocked as the team begins to trust your input

Dez0808 said:
I would like to see in career mode the setup options be taken away from player control. Your a newbie to the sport with no experience so the team should make the decisions with you being able to give small feedback like too much oversteer. Also be forced to their pit stop strategy. Then as you progress and get results more setup options are unlocked as the team begins to trust your input
good idea. In MotoGP 14 you talk with your engineer and he changes the setup for you, but you can do the setup all on your own too.

A big issue are different laptimes in practice and qualy if you accelerate the session time. mostly +2 seconds if accelerated. The same issue in every game since 2010. 

How about adding the race director to your menu whilst you're sitting in the car before the race starts and deciding on your tyre strategy, so that you can see what tyres the other drivers are starting on before they leave the pits.

I would like to see availability for all tracks in Time Attack .

An option to tweak head cam position offset, yaw and roll in game will be good or at least retain the xml editable as it has been till now. Proper VR support is a must at least when Oculus Rift is released worldwide.

Handling is much refined in F1 2014 when compared to F1 2013. Slow corners and direction changes are in more control than it was with 2013. I hope this succession will keep up with even more improvements in force feedback.

- if you don't have enough fuel after the race get a penalty. Like the real reglement is. I finished second in malaysia only because my fuel was nearly used up. in real F1 you'd get a penalty.
- If you're in carrier mode... Your name on the driver suit and the race car. kind of 'live the life'...
- more race engineer talk. I just did a race in monaco, only 14 cars managed to end the race. The only thing I heard in the race was that my team mate will not finish. Would be nice to know more. Like "hamilton crashed and is out" etc.

- Mid season tier changes based on R&D. I've said in a previous thread but if the teams could change tiers in the middle of the season it'll give the player incentive to work on the R&D which could be expanded to make use of FP1 and 2 and it would mix up the season a bit rather than the same results every race. Perhaps even a winter testing so you can try and boost your team before the season starts.

- A formation lap which affects the start procedure. If you don't warm the tyres enough your start won't be as good for example. This would add to the immersion as well as the atmosphere of the game. (Since the formation lap builds the tension for the start of the race).

- Random mechanical failures for the player. Perhaps a suspension failure which puts you out of the race suddenly. I understand why it's not in the game but if rewinds are available then it would be a nice touch. It would make players try and look after their car a bit more and would keep the player on edge as they'd never know if the car would suddenly let go. This would again add to the immersion and atmosphere of being an F1 driver.

- Three damage options. The two options we have now and an added "simulation" option where even the slightest contact could be race ending. Crash physics could also be worked on. If an AI car taps your rear tyre, you should go spinning but as it is now that doesn't happen. This should be improved. (Note I don't mean the damage model, I don't expect wheel tethers or rear wings because of the license. But a much more fragile car).

- Random mechanical failures for the player. Perhaps a suspension failure which puts you out of the race suddenly. I understand why it's not in the game but if rewinds are available then it would be a nice touch. It would make players try and look after their car a bit more and would keep the player on edge as they'd never know if the car would suddenly let go. This would again add to the immersion and atmosphere of being an F1 driver.

- Three damage options. The two options we have now and an added "simulation" option where even the slightest contact could be race ending. Crash physics could also be worked on. If an AI car taps your rear tyre, you should go spinning but as it is now that doesn't happen. This should be improved. (Note I don't mean the damage model, I don't expect wheel tethers or rear wings because of the license. But a much more fragile car).
I would love "simulation" damage and mechanical failures. But for damage, I think the AI would definitely need improving. I did a 100% Australia race with a high damage mod, and none of the crashes were caused by me, and only 6 cars made it to the finish. Some were taken out on Lap 1. Some were taken out during battles. Some were taken out by backmarkers.

- Engineer that talks more, and/or the ability to request information. If this is added, there would be less need to use the HUD for important information.

- More detailed fuel information. I really like the way the fuel information is set up now, with the +/- x LAPS. But I would definitely rather have that information shown in hundredths instead of integers. It would be a great help to be able to see something like +0.23 LAPS instead of OPTIMAL. Tenths would already be hugely helpful, but I'd like to see hundredths.

- Ability to see the gaps for every single driver throughout the race.

I would just like to point out that it has already been confirmed by hatta and codemasters that the new game coming out in 2015 for the current gen machines (xbox1,ps4,64bitpc's) will not be called F1 2015.

Maybe have an option to turn commentary on, and off if you wanted to listen to your engineer instead.

- Debris on the track to be relevant factor, and can possibly bring out the safety car, with the engineer explaining where the collision/debris is on the track, and an indicator on the mini-map to show where it is as well.