Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Game Ideas and Suggestions

Liam12d said:
No he did have a choice, the 100% rights to live coverage were sold to Sky. The Beeb still covered every race of the sport, which means that he could have stayed with them. But he didn't.  
Or he didn't have to keep commentating at all... he has plenty of other irons in the fire.

@WaterBuffalo I like your ideas, but if EA got the rights the game would be transformed into an online gambling syndicate where a mode like "Ultimate Team" is eatablished, everythings decided by the script, its impossible to play the game without microtransactions, and no other game mode will be developed aside from their Ultimate Cash Cow.

Id like it to go to Polyphony. They can get some licenses for junior open wheel classes.. I think theyd do a good job they have the passion to do it
Ultimate Team is a great idea. It could work in an F1 game.

AMS97KRR said:
@WaterBuffalo I like your ideas, but if EA got the rights the game would be transformed into an online gambling syndicate where a mode like "Ultimate Team" is eatablished, everythings decided by the script, its impossible to play the game without microtransactions, and no other game mode will be developed aside from their Ultimate Cash Cow.

Id like it to go to Polyphony. They can get some licenses for junior open wheel classes.. I think theyd do a good job they have the passion to do it
Ultimate Team is a great idea. It could work in an F1 game.
Agreed and at least EA don't generally go about removing popular features like career mode either usually as they know what sells. Even if they do sometimes skimp a little on their support of games

Agreed and at least EA don't generally go about removing popular features like career mode either usually as they know what sells.
They may not have removed it, but they've hardly changed it for years either... when CM do that, they take dog's abuse on here for not constantly making everything better :)

Agreed and at least EA don't generally go about removing popular features like career mode either usually as they know what sells.
They may not have removed it, but they've hardly changed it for years either... when CM do that, they take dog's abuse on here for not constantly making everything better :)

TBF though what is there tochange all the major stuff  is already in . I don't think there is much more they can do withit except maybe license more leagues which last I heard they're working on that.

My list is:

- Better damage model
- Online mode to include all qualifying sessions
- Random Mechanical Failures
- Improved AI

If all practise, quali sessions, AI, damage, career with car # / helmet choice is included and improved to most peoples satisfaction then would anyone consider (if possible).... All circuits available in reverse (even if as DLC)??

I haven't read the entire thread but and I'm coming here having only played F1 2013 so far but here's what I'd like to see:

1) A hide/show steering wheel option. Never seen this one requested before, but as someone who's spent over $5k on building a custom carbon fiber F1 steering wheel, I'd rather not stare at a redundant copy on the screen. This feature would further increase immersion for the many who are playing racing games these days with a full-on racing cockpit instead of the standard controller.

2) It's been requested a million times and perhaps it's already been confirmed to be included but the formation lap before the race.

3) 100% cockpit view option during all points of race - even during pitting. Again may be in current games or planned, but would definitely help with immersion. No TV broadcast views unless spectating.

4) Non-automated pitting. For all racing modes - even time trials. I want full control.

5) Simulator mode: full control of starting points on track for sector practice or working on specific turns. It's tiresome perfecting those troublesome penultimate corners by having to do an entire lap to get there.

6) Better UX (user experience). Having working software development for nearly 20 years i'm a stickler for bad UI and poorly designed menus. Resetting a time trial session in F1 2013 (PC), for example, takes too many menu/submenu clicks and confirmations clicks just to start over. And in the heat of the moment this up up down down left right nonsense is infuriating. Curious if the UI guys actually play the game they help design.

7) Time of day change. EA and others have been doing this in several sports/racing games for like two decades. Would be a very nice feature.

More ideas coming, but this is a good start for me - many of these doable by June for sure!

I haven't read the entire thread but and I'm coming here having only played F1 2013 so far but here's what I'd like to see:

1) A hide/show steering wheel option. Never seen this one requested before, but as someone who's spent over $5k on building a custom carbon fiber F1 steering wheel, I'd rather not stare at a redundant copy on the screen. This feature would further increase immersion for the many who are playing racing games these days with a full-on racing cockpit instead of the standard controller.

2) It's been requested a million times and perhaps it's already been confirmed to be included but the formation lap before the race.

3) 100% cockpit view option during all points of race - even during pitting. Again may be in current games or planned, but would definitely help with immersion. No TV broadcast views unless spectating.

4) Non-automated pitting. For all racing modes - even time trials. I want full control.

5) Simulator mode: full control of starting points on track for sector practice or working on specific turns. It's tiresome perfecting those troublesome penultimate corners by having to do an entire lap to get there.

6) Better UX (user experience). Having working software development for nearly 20 years i'm a stickler for bad UI and poorly designed menus. Resetting a time trial session in F1 2013 (PC), for example, takes too many menu/submenu clicks and confirmations clicks just to start over. And in the heat of the moment this up up down down left right nonsense is infuriating. Curious if the UI guys actually play the game they help design.

7) Time of day change. EA and others have been doing this in several sports/racing games for like two decades. Would be a very nice feature.

More ideas coming, but this is a good start for me - many of these doable by June for sure!

2) Formation laps have already been confirmed as NOT included this time, I'm afraid.

3) 100% cockpit view is already possible the past couple of games, you just have to select it  in the options as it's not the default for pit stops.

6) Indeed, I'm a UI designer by trade and some things are a bit annoying. That said, it's tough to design a UI that's optimal for so many different target devices -- Xbox controller, PS4 controller, PC keyboard, and a dozen supported wheels with different button layouts, not to mention a range of physical screen sizes from probably 32" (and I'm sure a lot of people play on smaller), on which a lot of the writing is already too small to read from any distance,  to 60"+ where it all looks big, clunky and wasteful of space.

7) Well, we already have time of day change in the races (though not P&Q sessions) where they're significant in real life, though they presumably don't simulate any change in the races that run from 1pm-3pm local time as that's usually negligible. Being able to pick arbitrary times to run races would be a bit odd though I think, for what's meant to be a simulation of the real F1 season.

(None of these would be do-able by June though... two months before release is way too late to be adding any remotely significant new features, it should all be about the QA, final asset updates and other minor polishing by now.)

2) Formation laps have already been confirmed as NOT included this time, I'm afraid.

3) 100% cockpit view is already possible the past couple of games, you just have to select it  in the options as it's not the default for pit stops.

6) Indeed, I'm a UI designer by trade and some things are a bit annoying. That said, it's tough to design a UI that's optimal for so many different target devices -- Xbox controller, PS4 controller, PC keyboard, and a dozen supported wheels with different button layouts, not to mention a range of physical screen sizes from probably 32" (and I'm sure a lot of people play on smaller), on which a lot of the writing is already too small to read from any distance,  to 60"+ where it all looks big, clunky and wasteful of space.

7) Well, we already have time of day change in the races (though not P&Q sessions) where they're significant in real life, though they presumably don't simulate any change in the races that run from 1pm-3pm local time as that's usually negligible. Being able to pick arbitrary times to run races would be a bit odd though I think, for what's meant to be a simulation of the real F1 season.

(None of these would be do-able by June though... two months before release is way too late to be adding any remotely significant new features, it should all be about the QA, final asset updates and other minor polishing by now.)

Fair enough, on review the SDLC probably isn't favorable toward many of those types of changes perhaps but I'm pretty sure #1 is doable :). Anyway, enough negativity and criticism from me. I thoroughly enjoy their F1 series and honestly can't wait till June for the new release.

Back in March i posted this suggestion for a feature, which remains unanswered, though it could easily be implemented into the game i suppose..

For the purpose of making it way easier for peple running leagues etc. it could be a very cool feature, if you somehow made it possible to export race results from a race/qual in both normal multiplayer and co-op.

I think sending results (qual results, penalty info, race results, fastest lap, best lap for each driver) to an e-mail might work... for me personally i would prefer such data in .csv format without any focus on making it look good, just the raw data from the races/quals/practice sessions... possible make it so that only the race director can export.

For me this could be a killer feature ;)

@britpoint @literalzero @justbiglee - any chance of givin' this idea on to the developers ?

My number 1 wish is whatever new and improved tire characteristics that is coming, the affects and resultant lap time degradation applies to AI. No more AI lapping at 2nd lap times just before pit lap.

#2: Manual pit stops.

Rick.

I hope that they put in a hot seat mode. just like Crammond used to do in the GP series on pc. Not everyone enjoys online racing, but would love to race against their friends. I know i do :)

And yes im being sarcastic CM are LAZY devs slightly mad  put them to shame on feedback to the fans CM of old made games for the fans like TOCA 1 & 2 the C M RALLY GAMES now its games are utter trash  made by devs that that are not fans of the sport hope f1 flops big time so f1 liceance gets a fresh dev team  CM needs a kick up the backside looks like pcars may be the game to do it.

Not sure it has been mentioned here yet, and i know the game is about to come out, but this is something that really bugs me.

Playing career mode on 25% length, there is no real need for tire stratagy or managemant, every race is a one stopper and only because of the rules and it really doesnt mattere what lap I stop because the tires never go off.

I love playing the game but dont have the time to due 100% races to get this aspect of the race. It would be nice if I were to select 25% races that the system would then change appropriate tire wear attributes to 400% of norms, so that I can do a 25% race and have to do a 1-3 stopper depending on my strategy and management.  

Maybe in an update this can be added, but it is something that i hope can be improved upon. 

That used to happen in F1 2010 or 2011 , however that is another option that got removed from the series. 

Tyre and fuel scaling was brought back for 2013:
http://f1carsetup.com/index.php?/topic/19190-update-from-codemasters/

The difficulty with scaling in shorter races is that pit stops obviously still take the same length of time as they do in a 100% race, so it's not quite as simple as just making the tyres go off four times quicker in a 25%  race as they do in a 100% race... so they made the scaling non linear to try and adjust for that. The result being, in theory, that you can still run some different strategies in a 25% race without having to change some sets of tyres again before you'd barely had time to heat them up.

F1 2016 game suggestion:

. Go to the Codehomos studios in Birmingham... burn it down and get another company to make F1 games :)

963428442 said:
963428442 said:
i would like a salary depending on your results and team, with the salary you can buy r&d amelioration and you chose the r&d  amelioration .
it would be wonderful cause i got a tire wear reduction in the last races 
forgot one thing have the drivers change team from season to season for example you choose ferrari and your a first driver so Alonso is removed from the team right, make him go to an other team tht needs a beater driver for example toro roso and then the next season Alonso is in a toro roso... 
Why in the name of Gods earth would Alonso go to Torro Rosso he would probably rather retire + Torro Rosso don't just sign drivers they are the Red Bull Teams young driver programme therefore they never buy a driver currently in F1 !

Just bought 2 games for my two ps4 consoles, and found out the lan mupltiplayer is missing. I have been playing this game for 3 years now, buying everytime 2 copies for my older xbox 360s. I switched to ps4 for performance and invested in expensive wheels .Everything twice... to be able  to race against my friends next to each other on big 42 inch tvs.
So after spending arround 1500 euros i am pretty disappointed that LAN multiplayer is missing. Please add it in an update. You had it all these years. Local lan is alive.

Online multiplayer introduces lag and is limited in  number of AI (max 16 players)

For the rest, awesome job. Looks good, feels good. (using T300 wheel)

bonjour , j'aimerais une mise a jour pour
1: retour de la safetycar pas que pour les accidents mais aussi les débris 
2: que les ingénieurs nous donnent les pneus utilisés par les autres pilotes( devant et derrière nous)
3: retour du championnat en coopération en ligne
4 :mode carrières