Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Game Ideas and Suggestions

Joethe155 said:
Grid Autosport has the d-pad used for asking your race engineer things. You can ask about the gap to your team-mate, your event rival, the guy ahead of you (guy behind you if in first) and what, if any, damage that your car has suffered, including internal parts such as the gearbox. You'd imagine it's something they're at least considering to include in NG F1.

But then if they wanted to, they could have probably done that for F1 2014....
Yeah like in Rainbow Six or Operation Flashpoint to control squad...Good idea!

Failures short term and terminal!, Formation lap, Real pitstops, AI that commit, Live the Life back, All race weekend sessions, Improve the engineer and maybe add a couple different voices for different teams, Clutch for starts and pits, Podiums, Rookie season where you have to trial for lower teams to get a drive, Better R&D tasks, more detail on car setup evolution during Practice sessions, increased fragility of engine and MGU-K and MGU-H, Brake overheating, better news stories to reflect real season, better helmets with sponsors or made up sponsors...
The list goes on

I'm gonna make a more detailed post later, but for now...

Formation laps. They are so important in Formula 1, they will surely have to be in the game in its' sixth edition.

1) Realistic damage, crashes, mechanical failures, overheating; better throttle, break and steering setup for wheels
2) Sponsors and better helmets; number choice .. Also if you win the championship, you should get contracts to drive as first driver
3) Vintage cars like McLaren- Honda, Williams- Renault, Lotus, Benetton- Ford, Tyrrell, Ferrari, Mercedes W25 & W96
4) 2000's cars, eg McLaren MP4-15, Ferrari F2008 etc
5) More tracks.. eg Old Hockenheim, Magny- Cours, Indianapolis etc
6) Pre-season tests (  Jerez, Bahrain)
7) GP2 championship
8) Formation lap
9) Better safety car algorithm
10) Bugs correction ( eg in F1 2013 whenever I race at Monaco only 5 cars make it to the finish)
These may seem too much but if you do at least half of them, then you are going to deliver a proper and truly value-for-money F1 game

Formation laps, tyres being affected by track temp/air temp, paddock and interviews, realistic damage and crash physics, headset communications with pit wall, team reputation (similar to F1 2010), accurate driving styles for each driver and being able to choose when to retire instead of 5 season limit. Just try to add the realism from F1 into the next-gen games.

Also, add more mechanical/reliability issues such as loss of power, gearbox/suspension failures and add ERS into the game as it wasn't in F1 2014. Maybe add the option to exit the car whilst you're in the garage and talk to your engineer and exit the car when you crash/retire from the race.

The thing that worries me is that currently not many wheels are supported on the PS4... My Logitech wheel is 1.5 years old and I'm not really into buying a new wheel... so please support all the wheels you have in the past. cheers.

1-Realistic damage
2-Podium and formation lap
3-All practice sessions
4-Player chooses what develop in R&D
5-Telemetry
6-LIVE THE LIFE back! and better!
7-Better AI
8-Real life HUD.

Start the season with a test or reserve drive in the last race in the practice session and the sigh a contract with the team 

1. All practice sessions.
2. More host control for online lobbies
3. A Fresh a more complex setup system, with Engineer recommendations based on track.
4. AI tyre wear/traction closer simulation to players
5. More control over R&D (So I can pick what I think I need)
6. Rebuilt animations/menus/voices etc. Needs a brand new fresh feel.
7. Scenario modes up to Legend pace
8. Rebuilt Career mode that isn't so scripted.
9. More qualy options for online. Maybe one shot but with custom setups. 15 mins is maybe too long a session for a 25% race for example.

Loads of people want more realistic damage and mechanical failures. I'm all for the damage, but don't really want a random gearbox failure on lap 54 of 56 or whatever. I don't think that would bring any enjoyment to the game, just painful realism.

Get rid of the small pointless stuff such as scenario mode and concentrate on the more important stuff that we play, career mode and multiplayer 

I just ordered a brand new graphics card, the MSI GTX 970 Gaming - 4 GB VRAM :p . So please fully utilize my BEASTLY gaming pc capabilities for F1 2015 to be displayed on 1 screen. HOLLA!!!:

Haswell i5-4670K
16 GB RAM - [8 GB x 2] DDR3-1866 ADATA XPG V2 
MSI GTX 970 Gaming - 4 GB VRAM
Gigabyte GA-287X-OC Force Motherboard 
500 Watt PS with liquid cooling and fan 
2 TB HDD 
Blu-Ray Reader Combo Drive 
Onboard LAN Network 10/100 
Keyboard and gaming headset 

As said before, really want FP1 and FP2 and a warm up lap before the race. AI could be better on the brakes. An option to select your own number would be good also.

here are some ideas which i like to see in the 2015 game;

1. paddock menu like in the 2010 game.
2. interviews after the race.
3. reputation: not only you but also as a team.
4. 2000's classic cars (schumachers ferrari, Alonsos renault?)
5. improvements ai: they dont dare any pass or defense (i can pass 3 cars in a corner, come onnn!!!)
6. more realistic crashes
7. beginning with a little team in career mode.
8 helemt designer; design your own helmet.
9. more contact with you engineer
10. i really want to have more 'teamwork' with my teammate. cummunication,  rules under each other, (team oorders?)

i hope i helped you in your inspiration :) 

mi unica sugerencia seria que no lo cree bugmasters ..... perdón codemasters . no hay ningún juego que no tenga un sinfín de bugs los cuales disgustan a un sinfin de usuarios y muchos de ellos incluso an dejado de correr a los juegos de la marca codemasters

I just ordered a brand new graphics card, the MSI GTX 970 Gaming - 4 GB VRAM :p . So please fully utilize my BEASTLY gaming pc capabilities for F1 2015 to be displayed on 1 screen. HOLLA!!!:

Haswell i5-4670K
16 GB RAM - [8 GB x 2] DDR3-1866 ADATA XPG V2 
MSI GTX 970 Gaming - 4 GB VRAM
Gigabyte GA-287X-OC Force Motherboard 
500 Watt PS with liquid cooling and fan 
2 TB HDD 
Blu-Ray Reader Combo Drive 
Onboard LAN Network 10/100 
Keyboard and gaming headset 

I was just notified that my new graphics card has shipped and will arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it!! :#

Legacy tracks, surely the map files exist and wouldn't be hard to port to new versions.
Track editor of some sort.... which would also increase the community following

I definitly want some commentary, like in fifa. if ther is a crash somewhere on the circuit, the commentator will say that someone crashed out (also who) and the you also know that there is a crash, who, and what next. the commentator will also give reactions on passes. And when your Engineer is talking to you, the commentator will not say anything. 

i often have the feeling that i;m alone on the track becaus i only heer the sounds of the engine and sometimes my engineer. this makes me bored and i ask myself why i'm playing this game.

PLEASE CODEMASTERS FIX THIS!!!

In my opinion, i would love to see Codemasters make an F1 game with the 15 seasons starting from 2000 and all the way through to 2015.  So in career mode you start in the year 2000 and work your way up each year, you could have the option to repeat the year again if you wanted to.  And the quick race mode would obviously let you play in any team in any year of your choice with every car looking the way they did in that season.  I fully understand that this would take a long time to make but it is just a suggestion.

Also, when your in the garage, you should be able to walk around to different areas of the garage and set up your car and race by actually interacting with other people.  You should then do a formation lap, make any last minute changes to your car when you are set up on the grid and then do a warm up lap.  And finally start the race with more interaction and realism within it.

i want to be able to see the drivers' helmet when having the TV Pod view. The steering wheel fixed to the individual teams' steering wheels. Improved AI like strategies, reacting to safety car and 1st lap pace. Quick pitstops in quail and practice. Faster pitstops 2.5-3 seconds depending on the team. Proper damage like puncture when the tyre rips off the wheel. Podiums. Press conferences. Interviews etc. Maybe the driver talking to the engineer asking questions about gaps, tyre life of car ahead, teammate pace, rival pace.

Suggestions?

1) Elimination of the glitches that hold you up when pitting.

2) Reduced performance of AI in rain - the occasional wobble or slide would be nice to level the playing field. Even the best drivers out there struggle in the rain.

3) Design your own helmet.

4) Improve engineer dialogue. "We are expecting light rain in 10 minutes" (its been raining for the last 5 minutes); "The car ahead is on primes, we have the advantage here" (my options are shot to ****, and I come in that lap to pit). If the engineer can't say anything meaningful - don't say anything at all!

5) Have you tried driving off the track briefly and then using a flashback? The car immediately ahead of you will shoot off the track too! A great way of getting past - but it's a bug that has been in since 2010. Can that be sorted please?

6) Regular patches and bug fixes after the next gen edition. I will definitely be buying F12015 for PC, but if it comes with the kind of bugs listed above I will never be spending my money on another Codemasters F1 game. If there are bugs in next gen F12015, they will be in F12016, F12017 etc. I've spent approximately £150 on Codemasters F1 games since F12010 - I'm not giving them anymore of my money if they don't improve their testing.

What I don't want:

Warm up lap...............seriously??!! I can't even be bothered with qualifying half the time!

Mechanical failures............. eh?!? Those that suggest this must be gaming masochists. That being said, increased chance of a puncture if you have driven over debris might be a nice idea; but ONLY if the same applies to the AI!

I would like the F1 2015 game to inform the pilots, on screen, when a driver has retired or is in the pit. Grand Prix 4 had this feature and I found that very usefull. So, the information could appear at the top of the screen saying that Felipe Massa has retired or Niko Rosberg has a puncture and must come to the pit. Of course, the engineer could continue telling us when our teammate is in the pit.

We only know at the end of the game if a car has retired when looking at the number of cars on the finish board.

F1 2015 needs only one thing for me: A PROPER CAREER MODE!!!
1. Live the Life MUST come back. (give peeps a switch to bypass if they don't want to.)
2. Multiple years need to be simulated correctly. F1 2010-F1 2015. Should be no problem in my opinion. All driver changes-rule changes etc. Make it epic.
3. Work on the AI MUCH MUCH MUCH more. Forget the bling guys. AI is the MOST important feature. You get that right this time, and you will get flattered with compliments as the racing becomes believable. 
4. Random breakdowns based on real data. Possibility of driver mistakes. (if license does not allow create a modding portal for the community to add as we see fit.)

P.S.: And get finally a proper software engineer to program your FFB. It is still lackluster. PLEASE!?