Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Game Ideas and Suggestions

I think is fair enough to say there isn't much point in the R+D objectives.
"Do this for five laps and get a new front wing" - Well the so called new wing was there from the start of the season. :/

Well to make it more appealing The Crew was released recently and if codies could, copy basically, part of the Car Customization from that game it would be awesome. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=788rCgXt984 (10 sec in is what im talking about.)

Its not difficult to find images/ sounds or technical drawings to help codies create a 3d images of the Renault/Mercedes/Ferrari engine.

I recommend having pre Formula 1 seasons, in Formula 3 and GP2 or only GP2, like in WRC4 and MotoGP14, that would make it more interesting and challenging.
Also there should be helmet design, with your sponsors and the team's sponsors, that way it would be more personalized.
I hope you consider my suggestions.

I would like to see official LG graphics on the gameplay screen(for speed,G-forces,RPM, DRS on/off, gear...)

1 - as the game will be the new generation, would be welcome seeing him as it was the F1 2010, a revolutionary game in the climate effect of water spray of cars, among other things were a bit left out in the last two versions, with better job of the codemasters done in F1 2012 game in which there was good diversity of smoke and sprays! (Mainly in the replay)
2 - tires may have braking marks textures, for when the wheels lock, the hole appear and then disappear with repairing the track itself, as well as textures gum! see video  http://youtu.be/jP7wwJC5Cok
3 - mechanical problems (all) on - off!
4 -  unforeseen
in tire changes, not many, but at least in one season, there should be an accident with a mechanical, or team not being ready!
5 - the cars participants of accidents should stay on track output, after a safetcar, and with people and cranes trying to remove the car while we run! after safetcar
6 - conversations with the engineer should be based on answers also, with choice of 2 or 3
7 - flat tires should arrive crumbling away in the box
8 - the replay became without effect,
very simple, does not give desire to see more, please return effects such as sprays, and shakes of cameras onboard
9 - eliminate the bug of smoke and spray, that blink

My f1 2015 ideas;
1- Telementry- I would like to have the option in career, co op and grand prix weekend, you should be able to get out of the car and look at telemetry in the middle of the pits, even if it is basic stuff like speed traps of all other cars and your team mates like wheel spin, turn in points and stuff like that, they had a telemetry option in v8 supercars 3 on the ps2. Which was way more advanced than that 

2- Watch session- Also when you get out of the car in practice or qualy in co op, career and grand prix mode, there should be a watch session option, so you are not just sitting in your car watch lap times. 

3- R&D objectives, they should make them a bit longer, in practice 1 and 2 in real life, the drivers are developing the cars/doing tests of new parts for most of the session so in career and co op when you have an R&D objective you should get to choose what you want made better/upgraded, like tyre wear, more front/rear grip etc, also make the number of laps longer, or you get to choose the amount of laps testing the part, the more laps= more chance of part working. 

4- pre season test, i thought at the release of the 2013 game that cause of jerez being in the game they were going to make a pre season test, if they did that it would be more realistic and when you get to round 1 you know they car, say you are in the caterham, you do the pre season test, and you notice your front grip is down, when you get to round 1 you can choose the R&D and choose to have more front grip. 

5- formation lap, enough said. And the option to drive into the pits freely, like in practice, qualy and for pit stops in the race, yeah codies wont do that cause noobs will go as fast as they want in the pits but would be cool, and also driving out the pits, and the in lap after the race. 

6- Mechanical failures, with the new braking system this year they should make in the game brake failures! And like engine troubles and all other mechanical stuff, if people dont want all that then codies should make the option in the menu like they have for the damage (full, visual and off) they should have mechanical, full which happens randomly, mild where it happens only if you are reving the car and driving badly, and off. 

7- with the new turbo engines this year, they should make when the track is either a bit wet and very wet, that when you go over the kerbs that if you put the power down you get alot of wheel spin, i went to the melbourne gp this year and on saturday when is was wet i was at the exit of turn 12 ( the fast left right ) and the amount of times all cars went on the astro turf.

8- Live the life, bring it back but also expand on it, pre practice interview, if your in a lower team you have less interviews, pre qualy interview post qualy interview and pre and post race interview, this may be annoying so maybe have the option to have full-min (like just post race interviews) and off.

9- Real time repairs and setup changes- where if you load a setup at the start thats fine but if you want to change the suspension, brakes or allingment it takes 2-5 minutes in real time, the more dramatic the setup the longer the time so say for some reason you have your brakes at 40-60 low and small, if you want to change it to 60-40 high standard it takes 5 minutes, and if you lose your front wing you come into the pits and you see the mechanics take off the wing and put a new one on in the garage, this would only work with practice 1, 2 and 3 as you would lose to much time if it was only a 1 hour session. then you could also see the engineers working on the car, if you change brakes they take off the wheels and 2 mechanics on each brakes fiddle around with them, and while they do that you could go to your tv monitor and watch the session where you can go onboard with the ai or player (if in co op) or go to the real tv cams around the track like rfactor, then when the changed are done your engineer says okay the changes are ready, go out to track when you want. 

This was a long post i know, thank you if anyone did read this haha :)

What about penalties for exceeding track limits?  Have you followed someone and seeing them constantly exceed the track?

One of my idea about new F1 2015.  If Im driving in cocpit view Im missing bugs/oil on visir of helmet. You can clean it with one button click.

My f1 2015 ideas;
1- Telementry- I would like to have the option in career, co op and grand prix weekend, you should be able to get out of the car and look at telemetry in the middle of the pits, even if it is basic stuff like speed traps of all other cars and your team mates like wheel spin, turn in points and stuff like that, they had a telemetry option in v8 supercars 3 on the ps2. Which was way more advanced than that 

2- Watch session- Also when you get out of the car in practice or qualy in co op, career and grand prix mode, there should be a watch session option, so you are not just sitting in your car watch lap times. 

3- R&D objectives, they should make them a bit longer, in practice 1 and 2 in real life, the drivers are developing the cars/doing tests of new parts for most of the session so in career and co op when you have an R&D objective you should get to choose what you want made better/upgraded, like tyre wear, more front/rear grip etc, also make the number of laps longer, or you get to choose the amount of laps testing the part, the more laps= more chance of part working. 

4- pre season test, i thought at the release of the 2013 game that cause of jerez being in the game they were going to make a pre season test, if they did that it would be more realistic and when you get to round 1 you know they car, say you are in the caterham, you do the pre season test, and you notice your front grip is down, when you get to round 1 you can choose the R&D and choose to have more front grip. 

5- formation lap, enough said. And the option to drive into the pits freely, like in practice, qualy and for pit stops in the race, yeah codies wont do that cause noobs will go as fast as they want in the pits but would be cool, and also driving out the pits, and the in lap after the race. 

6- Mechanical failures, with the new braking system this year they should make in the game brake failures! And like engine troubles and all other mechanical stuff, if people dont want all that then codies should make the option in the menu like they have for the damage (full, visual and off) they should have mechanical, full which happens randomly, mild where it happens only if you are reving the car and driving badly, and off. 

7- with the new turbo engines this year, they should make when the track is either a bit wet and very wet, that when you go over the kerbs that if you put the power down you get alot of wheel spin, i went to the melbourne gp this year and on saturday when is was wet i was at the exit of turn 12 ( the fast left right ) and the amount of times all cars went on the astro turf.

8- Live the life, bring it back but also expand on it, pre practice interview, if your in a lower team you have less interviews, pre qualy interview post qualy interview and pre and post race interview, this may be annoying so maybe have the option to have full-min (like just post race interviews) and off.

9- Real time repairs and setup changes- where if you load a setup at the start thats fine but if you want to change the suspension, brakes or allingment it takes 2-5 minutes in real time, the more dramatic the setup the longer the time so say for some reason you have your brakes at 40-60 low and small, if you want to change it to 60-40 high standard it takes 5 minutes, and if you lose your front wing you come into the pits and you see the mechanics take off the wing and put a new one on in the garage, this would only work with practice 1, 2 and 3 as you would lose to much time if it was only a 1 hour session. then you could also see the engineers working on the car, if you change brakes they take off the wheels and 2 mechanics on each brakes fiddle around with them, and while they do that you could go to your tv monitor and watch the session where you can go onboard with the ai or player (if in co op) or go to the real tv cams around the track like rfactor, then when the changed are done your engineer says okay the changes are ready, go out to track when you want. 

Like these!

Number44 said:
I dont know if this is a good idea or not but Codies did say F1 2015 would be released earlier than its predecessors.
- Id like the engineer to call me in when others pit ahead. ( I decided to do one more lap on Wet's when everyone ahead pitted ( i didn't know they pitted until i passed the pit entry) i lost several seconds and positions and was thinking, if only the engineer had messaged me before I got too the pit entry that everyone ahead was piting.  Just a BOX, BOX, BOX would've had done. (He also when i pitted for dry tyres on a dry track said Inters where "the tyre to be on". O.o
- An increased puncture potentiality. When others hit my rear tyres I dont feel the consequence. It would add to the realism but would possibly help online players to respect each other. (the first online game on F1 2014 I was punted off at the first turn :/ )
- Race Objectives. I really cant get my head around these. (Toro Rosso, China, 100% ) I qualify 6th (in the Dry) behind 2 Mercedes 2 Red Bull and 1 Ferrari and my Race objective is to finish 4th???? C'mon.
P.S.- Im thoroughly enjoying F1 2014 but there's always room for improvement.
I tend to agree. but please please lets not go back to the puncture potential of F1 2010.... pitting every lap for tires got old very quickly.

dwin20 said:
My f1 2015 ideas;

Like these!
Cheers mate :) 

• I would personally like to see more options available for league's to make tier's run certain assists for example top tier runs no traction manual gear, lower tier enforces assists such as auto gears and traction control when setting a match up in a custom grand prix session                                                      
  •  Second thing would be a 30 minute online pratice session to be turned on or off in the session menu (while creating a custom GP session)

• Third a bit more safety car and red flags with bad weather to the point were the wet tyres have no grip so the race is red flagged, in the multiplayer somehow with the amount of player increased from 16 to 22 depending on what happen's in F1 2015.
  • A return to the 2010 live the life career mode
  • Classic tracks to return such as the old Hockenheim Donington etc 

If these were to feature within the game I'd have no problem. I don't think it's much to ask for considering the glitches us customer's have had to but up with, in the last four years. fingers crossed :)   

What I would like from F1 2015:

Career Mode
A more challenging and expanded career mode. Ideally, they would add a lower division like GP2 where you have to start and work your way up to F1. And when you're in F1, you can choose to start from 2014, or else from 2009 and do a 7 year career mode till 2015. It would be nice to see them return to a sort of live the live career mode, instead of some boring menu's and emails. And I think that career mode should be expanded with items like free practices with R&D challenges (but with possibility to skip) and winter testing.

Weather and time setting
What I like in the project cars video's is the ability to race at any time with any weather setting. In the current F1 games, the tracks seem fixed on times in the day in terms of light settings, except for the Abu Dhabi grand prix which has the day to night transition. And I would like that the free practices, qualifying and races adapt to the different time of the day, with improved light and weather effects.

AI
Much better AI. I know it is a difficult to create great AI, but it would be nice that cars actually attempt to overtake, especially on the main straights. And what's also a little bit frustrating is the driving in changeable conditions and wet weather, as the AI does seem to drive completely different in the wet, compared to the player.

Graphics
F1 2014 made it clear that the xbox 360 and PS3 where absolutely on the edge of what was possible on graphics. PS4 and XBOX One offer a great possibility to improve on graphics, so please do so!

(Modern) classics
Making the game from 2009 to 2015, Codemasters have a lot of tracks and cars licenses. It would be nice to see the 2009, 2010, etc cars return and some "lost" tracks like Turkey, Korea Magny-cours, ...

I'd like to see some features that help you get better. I've been playing these games for a while, and I feel that I'm at a point where I'm not getting much better. I think my lines will be really good then I'll see someone go 2 secs faster taking a completely different line or hammering a corner I thought was impossible. So along that theme:

Ability to set a replay marker at certain point so that I can practice the same turn or segment of track

Game mode where I have visual meters telling me how close my line is to the "perfect" line taking into account how I'm approaching the turn. This would be a feature or mode and not a assist! So for instance if I'm struggling with turn 3 at Monaco I can go into this mode and select turn 3 & figure out if I'm pushing too hard/not enough and get some sort of feedback.

Multiplayer: 5 divisions, 1 being fastest, 5 the slowest, you move up by getting x points. Player can race a race against all real players in his division or can start a GP which any other player in my division can enter. If no one enters I can still get points. AI are set to an appropriate speed which can't be altered and AI will take any spots unfilled by real people in order to assure legitimacy of points.

Yeah I think about this too much......

In the option "race director" (german "Renndirektor"), I would like to see the tire strategy of the AI Drivers. Here you see only the current tires of the AI, soft or hard. I would prefer to see for example this:  

After the start - Soft  

After the first pit stop - Soft Soft

After the second pit stop - Soft Soft Hard     

On this way you could compare the AI strategy to your own strategy.

On the track map the team mate is shown colored. I would like to see also the race leader is shown colored.

When you pause the game during a race you can check what tires you have left. Or like a symbol next to the tires when you choose which ones you want for next stop. So u don't go onto used tires 

In the upcoming F1 2015 game on PS4, Xbox one and PC. I would like their to be realistic punctures. You see in real life the whole tyre carcas flying off most of the time and the car is driving on the rim. With also possible floor damage! I would like to also see the chance to actually "get" a puncture increase like real life and to be able to have something called a "Slow puncture". Implementing things like this in this game would certainly make a lot of people buy it. Especially me! :smile:

Oh! And one more thing... Wheels should be tethered on like in real life!

As a buyer of F1 2010 - F1 2014.
A PERFECT F1 game to me would consist of:
-F1 2015 on ps4-

Career mode:
All these could have an optional Off/on setting.

*Interviews

*Podiums

*Formation lap (Dear God pleaseeeee)

*Better animation when the crew backs you in the garage. (enough of the car floating when the crew backs up and turn the car into the garage)
& when we complete a pitstop don't let us go through the cables of the our teams power guns that hang over the pit box.

*Be involved with pits stops as Sony did with F1 '06. (manually doing your own pits top can decided how quick your stop is or can slow you down. Example:
Auto crew pitstop:
which the game is already equipped with.  (100% perfect) But make them not faster then 3.0 seconds or so.)
Manual crew pitstop: ( You are the one changing the tyres with your buttons) And since you are taking the chance with no "pitstop assist setting" on, make the manual stop potential 2.5 second or so, if you get the buttons correct .

*OutLap : After exiting the pit let the driver do an installment lap to get to the grid. Then have our engineers push us through the busy crowded starting straight to our grid spot. then bring up a final check menu or such. ( my life would be completed with this setting)

Testing: With CM bring in Jerez last year I thought we would get it, but nope. Make R&D longer and etc so it'll feel like we are developing the car.

*Let the pit crew hang over the start/finish wall to congratulate you if you made it onto the podium.

*Face animation. If not the whole head then At least the part where you can see when the visor is up: eyes, nose, skin.

*helmet editor (heck give us some fake sponsors, we don't care. We just want to design the colour  and etc.

*Life in the paddock.

*Trophy room.

*More drama on track aka more Safety car
periods.

* Side by side in the pit lane. I'm tired of losing positions due to my lolly pop guy. 

*Able to play with more of the settings on the F1 wheel.

Different reply camera views

*Put our own race number on the car

1- formation lap for offline only. It would be great to have but there's not much you can do on it.

2- manual starts at least for offline. Ability to jump the start. Find bite point for least wheel spin etc.

3- more in depth career mode. Fight for your seat. Just like real F1. Career mode is boring right now. It's just processional. Put us under media scrutiny. Contract negotiations. Targets. Pressure of losing your drive. Car upgrades and testing.

4- in depth car setups. Tyre pressures, real aero angles, not just 1-11. Telemetry!!!
compare data to your teammates online friends.

5- failures. It's a big part of F1. It decided the title for Hamilton/Rosberg. Get it in the game. At the very least for not driving correctly. If someone spends an hour driving and then the power unit goes? Tough! Experiences the emotions of a real driver.

6- damage. More fragile wings and suspension. Stop bouncing off walls and ramming other cars. Buckle the suspension and punish mistakes!

7- more informative race engineer. He's useless right now. Stop telling us the obvious. 'We need to pass the car in front' thanks. Didn't know i was racing...
how about, the car ahead has slight graining. We believe he's on a 3 stop strategy. Hamilton is trying to go to the end on this set of tyres. if we box now we'll come out ahead of Rosberg.
better audio quality too. It's too clear. This guys meant to be on a radio about a mile across the track.

8- paddock menus to return. 
Much more immersive into the F1 atmosphere. they have been very sterile and empty in recent games.

9- animations of interviewers like the 2010&11 game. Drivers without helmets on in paddock. Bring the circuit to life!!
animations of the car going to track. Not just the same scene we've had for 5 years now.
race build ups are intense. The same terrible flash cutscene for 5 years is boring, unimaginative and dated.

10- hot lap videos and onboards with real drivers. 

11- podium and trophy celebrations. No excuse for omitting this on next gen.
Agree with all the above.....

1. More in depth career 2. More career objectives 3. Better R&D 4. FP1 & FP2 5. Clutch 6. Post/Pre session interviews 7. More interaction with race engineer Could not think of anymore