Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Game Ideas and Suggestions

ideas for 2015 game!!!                                                                                                                                                       1.more aggressive AI.. (pace is good but they can t overtake  no matter what, and defend a bit more)       2.more realistic damage!!   3.more setup options     4. more info from my engineer    5. mechanical failures only if there has been a poor gearbox use (mannual) or engine failures only by using rich mode too much or staying behind another car long enough!! that s my opinion , the most important thing for me tho is the first one, make them smarter and more aggressive!!! keep the co-op championship of course!!!

I would like to see:-
  • Pre and Post race interviews.
  • Podium
  • Podium interview (maybe)
  • The team mate and engineer d-pad thing from grid auto sport
  • Better AI (obviously
  • Better damage physics
  • Better garage information (e.g. what tyre the other racers are starting on, and an option in the menu if the team sets up the car for you)
  • Formation Lap
  • Random Mechanical Failures
  • Other drives move teams (idk about licenses)
  • F2,F3,Formula Renault and lead up to F1 if you activate that option at the start of your career.
  • Customize your character
  • Race suit and car with YOUR name on it instead of the driver who should be there
  • More safety cars and red flags (maybe?)
  • If the interview then if you don't answer the interview you lose fame on a  made-up website &/or in the team.
  • If you have enough fame in F3 or Formula Renault then you could be with Marussia/Caterham/Sauber (depending on which is the lowest team next year)
  • Co-Op Career maybe?
  • If not then make a LAN where your family/friends can play if they DON'T own the game
  • Penalties for fuel and tyres ( rather than a DSQ)
  • Microphone/Kinect talk to your race engineer (makes it feel like the real thing)
  • Be able to negotiate a contract and use the money to buy things like cars
  • Free-Roam and have a place to live (like GTA-5) with Free-Roam Multi-player.
  • Have a sit on the grid like in real life but can skip if you want.
  • Pit boards when you go past the pits on the run down to Turn 1
  • Since Technology is advancing how about event days and Pre-season testing
  • Out laps and let the engineers push us to the grid.
  • Team Principal Mode where you can manage a team and hire drivers, sponsors (like fifa but with sponsors)
  • More than 1 save

Something to think about, more ideas to come when I find some.

I'd like them to fix F1 2014 before all of this nice stuff - can't really set up an F1 2015 League when the members of the F1 2014 League preceding it have all bu****red off.

These are some of the things I'd like to see in F1 2015:

1. Better AI - The AI, although a little improved for 2014, are still incredibly poor. They seldom overtake, are too slow on the opening lap and make strange decisions under braking when you're in close proximity.

2. More Immersive Career Mode - Career mode is generally my favourite game mode on any game that I own where the option is available, yet this cannot be said of CM's recent F1 games. It is so bland, uninspiring and I don't feel the temptation to go and play it any time soon. Some good ideas have been suggested such as bringing back the interviews (Why were these taken out in the first place?), and maybe having more focus on the team rather than just driving for yourself.

3. Implement a Pre-Season Test - I personally would have found this really useful if it was in F1 2014 because the handling was so much different and I would have been able to drive for the team I'd just signed for, for as many laps as I needed to feel comfortable. There could be some objectives put in here, but even a 'free run' style mode would be good.

4. Better R&D Objectives - The current ones are terrible. They are too easy and how on earth can a single lap be considered reliable data?

5. Bring Back FP1 & FP2 - If FP3 is wet, you get no dry running. Again, these sessions were optional in 2010-2012 so why were they taken out? Could be used for multiple R&D objectives and fine tuning the setup.

6. Better/More Advanced Setups - 5 games in and CM are still using exactly the same setup screen but even then, the changes which are made to the setup have never been consistent across all the games. I'm not asking for a sim style setup screen, just something which allows for a bit more precision. I'd also like to see the default settings remain consistent across all circuits - At the moment, 6/6 wings at Monaco is not the same as 6/6 wings at Monza, for example. This really frustrates me.

7. Better Menus and Career Hub - This is probably more a subjective view, but I find the menus incredibly bland and not very interesting. The Career Mode hub is also really basic. The emails you receive aren't interesting because they are basically repetitions and the circuit information emails do not provide much information about the circuit. Perhaps a suggested setup path could be attached to the email. Also why must my NAME always be written in capitals? It stands out and looks poor. In the standings section, perhaps when you click on a driver you can see their results across the season, and even give them a profile to read their stats.

8. More than 1 Career Save - I would like to see multiple career mode saves possible. I don't like that you have to have a single career mode because it is very restrictive.

9. A More Intelligent Race Engineer - After 5 years of programming and this guy still lacks basic intelligence? Telling me I was very slow on the last lap when I'd just made a pitstop is kind of expected. Tell me something I don't know and might need to know, for example the gap to the cars I'm racing.

10. More In Car Controls - Having things like a differential setting would be very cool as it would give more flexibility to the driver. CM shouldn't leave it out because the word differential looks scary to F1 newcomers, instead they should embrace the technicalities, since F1 is technical, and put a tutorial (Maybe in the pre-season test?) to demonstrate how it works. For each circuit, details of what differential, what brake bias etc could be put inside the circuit guide placed in the career mode emails I was talking about earlier.

I'll be amazed if any of these things actually make it into F1 2015 because most of them have been asked for from F1 2011 onwards. I could have mentioned other things too like a formation lap, podium etc but these 10 things are my most wanted features. Even if one of them does get into 2015, I imagine CM will take it out for F1 2016 anyway. The only ground-breaking thing I can really think of CM putting in which was asked for by the community is the safety car.

Now I would like to share something with you..
In the last couple of months I have been doing a thing I have been dreaming of for years. And this is what it is.
Running a race or two every day, I started a season on Formula One Championship Edition, began with Toro Rosso then stepped up to RedBull mid season. Having not been playing it for a long while, I found immediately pleasing to be racing those shiny colorful beautiful cars of 2006. Although the handling was probably not the most realistic on earth (felt the car understeers a bit too much) I got fully caught in the racing atmosphere by going out for a formation lap or watching myself standing on the podium while the national anthem was playing, or with the official graphic on screen and a kind of pleasing commentary.
Finishing the season with a couple of wins and 8th or so in the drivers' championship standing I than sadly had to pretend years from 2007 to 2009 never existed (apologies to Kimi, Lewis and Jenson) and move to F1 2010 for a new season.
That meant switching from Sony to Codemasters, and it was evident, in the positive aspects as well as in the negatives. After a lovely press conference as an introduction to the game, a wonderful scenario like the paddock, with pundits, girls, motorhomes etc immediately brought me to an upper level of realism from F1CE. 
The racing itself, this time with Renault, was another massive step forward, with the car handling more realistically than 2006 and the AI being a major improvement, in the way they attack and defend, instead of plainly following the racing line like F1CE.
Had to admit though I was a bit disappointed missing things like parade lap, podium, official hud, commentary, but a nice garage with pit crew and setup menu, beside all the things previously said (paddock, interviews, handling, AI) made the balance way more positive than negative. 
Then came 2011 for another season with Renault (now Lotus) and in terms of handling it was another major step forward: the cars finally felt stick to the ground like an F1 machine should be and especially under braking the driving got more and more realistic. Alongside that came a couple of nice addition in terms of animation like entering the car and celebrating in parc ferme which surely contributed to the immersion in part missed after F1CE. On the negative side, the inside-the-paddock scenario for the menu was missed, along with the top 3 press conference at the end of the race..
Move on to 2012 then, just to find an even more plain main menu and several other features like interviews completely missing from the game. Racing itself was still good, although I preferred the 2011 handling, but this time the game failed to impress me and left me with the feeling that there were more things ripped off than new things brought in..
2013 had obviously to be then something more than a livery/drivers/tracks update, so the introduction of classic contents added that extra bit of stuff to convince you it was a good game, And it was, as the handling got better than 2012 as well as the AI. Still I was crying out for the return of the paddock and interview stuff, the only things back in 2010 that made me forget the loss of formation lap, podium and official hud from F1CE..
And finally we arrive to 2014, surely another little improvement in terms of handling, AI, tyre management, weather conditions etc, but this time classic contents were gone. Not that it meant too much of a change for me, but still, losing them helped growing in me the feeling that every year something good introduced in the previous titles gets eventually ripped off.
And while I can certainly confirm every game brought improvements in handling, AI etc, at the same time I have to admit that I fear Codies have overall failed to shed off the feeling they are in the end just updating liveries etc.. Because alongside updating basic stuff like teams/drivers there is the need of something big and new every time out to try and please the public, the buyers.. Instead, every new release, especially the latest few, seemed to have the trend of deleting more stuff than adding. Graphics had only minimal improvements, the game menu got every year more plain, race engineer is still not up to what it should be, Monaco track (just to pinpoint one) took years to be portrayed as it is in real life, and still we are far from it, let alone getting rid of Free Practice 1 and 2, or losing throughout the years several % of race distance etc.
Do not misunderstand me, I am a massive F1 fan and a race driver in my life as well, I love racing, I like your games, I bought them all and I will continue buying them for new gen consoles. Still I hope in 2015 to finally get a title from you that makes me say "woah that's the best thing I've ever seen" since the very first time I put the disc in my console... Like it probably was 2010... but is a feeling that sadly diminished every year and which I instead think it's vital to please the fans and have successful critics and sells. 
So please take all of this as a positive comment, as a suggestion for the future, not a negative review, but a wish from a huge fan of the sport and a loyal buyer of your titles. Thank you.

well new to this whole.. suggestions thing.. and i've got some or "some" ideas so yeah..

1: I would like to see in the career mode that you start of from the bottom teams and earn your way up in the ranks and teams to get recognized as a good driver.

2: In Exhibition mode: be able to watch a race of your favorite teams/drivers/modes/tracks in a camera mode and switch in between the cameras and drivers with a commentary to go along with that to make it more like you are watching an actual race if you wanted to.. just like in the game i loved to play on the Nintendo 64, Formula 1 Championships, also commentary can be turned on/off)

3: if you have a voice input such as like the kinect or a headset, and have voice commands such as like: 

"Lap time" - Feedback on your lap time(s)
"Fuel" - Feedback on how much fuel you've used and/or when you need to pit in for more fuel.
"Tyres" - Feedback on how much laps your tyres are estimated to run out and due for a pit.
"Team Mate" - Feedback on where your TM is/position and anything else relevant to the race.
e.g. : "Team Mate" : "your Team Mate, ('team mates name'), is currently in X place and is on the 2nd corner and is due for a pit in X amount of laps, also is lapping X amount of second(s) ahead of you 
"Times" - Feedback on how well your times are improving or not, and the times you are posting.
e.g. : "Times", "your last lap time was, 01:35.53, you are improved/improving by 0.200'ths of a second, keep it up" or something like that.
Just a few commends that can be put in the next game so like the garage engineer can give you feedback on your command.  just as in the examples.

4: as everyone's saying, more better or have engine, brakes, gear failures, as it would in the real races. i guess this could be a good feature.

5: focus on more the track now?

6: Bring back the Interviews maybe before, but defiantly after the race, relevance to my next few questions, make it that we have a conference room to go in after the race(s)  in free roam mode. 

7: a character Customization? be able to Customize your Character, and your own Number to start in your own career mode. 
Also having more than one Career Player?

8: Manual PitStops: would be good to drive into your own pitstops where as in the 2010-13 Formula 1 games we had KERS, we could replace that with a pit limiter speed button, if Manual Pits is turned on (as an option) you have to press the Pit Limiter button, (assigned to your controller) to enter the pits. but only if the option of having manual pits on.
Also can the Camera Angle of the your Crew pushing your Car in the Garage be free view?.. iwould like to see that you are observing the surroundings of your garage when your car is being pushed into the garage and still can look around. 

9: Free Roam: would like to see that you can be able to hop out of your car after a session is finished or if you have a car part that is failed and you can have an option to watch the rest of the race in camera mode or be exploring around the paddock and garage, can not enter the track while a race/session is on, nor the pit lane, but yeah. just an idea to work on if so.

10: Fully Custom Selection of Game Modes: In exhibition mode, would like to see that you can choose any time of the day you can race, with any weather, on any track, in any short, medium and full, short, medium or long race weekends.
but in career mode, could we have the calender back from the F1-2011-12, and make them weekends not a full month of racing, so you can have news stories in between the week and practices if you want, and R&D 'special' events during the week before the race so you can be ready for the race to come. just something to improve i guess.

11:Cockpit Helmet View: would like to see the actual Helmet you are wearing while in the cockpit racing on your head instead of having a plain view of the cockpit. but can be an option you can turn off and on.
Also as some people are saying, custom design helmets?.. could be awesome. 

12: Formation Lap

13: not so much to look at, BUT just an idea, in Gran Tourismo 5, you can manage a driver and select his car and see how well he can go with what you can provide your driver, starting off in the lower tiers and work your way up in the managers chair. and hiring new young talent to join your team to build your drivers skills to become a legend.

14: Having Lower grades! F2, F3 would be nice to have as a starting point.

15: Does anyone fancy some GO-KARTS?!?!, would be a nice side-feature to the game, since go-karts are the stepping stone to formula 1 racing. :P

there are so many more ideas as well that are great, just like to post some of mine :) 

well new to this whole.. suggestions thing.. and i've got some or "some" ideas so yeah.. : 

1: I would like to see in the career mode that you start of from the bottom teams and earn your way up in the ranks and teams to get recognized as a good driver.

2: In Exhibition mode: be able to watch a race of your favorite teams/drivers/modes/tracks in a camera mode and switch in between the cameras and drivers with a commentary to go along with that to make it more like you are watching an actual race if you wanted to.. just like in the game i loved to play on the Nintendo 64, Formula 1 Championships, also commentary can be turned on/off)

3: if you have a voice input such as like the kinect or a headset, and have voice commands such as like: 

"Fuel" - Feedback on how much fuel you've used and/or when you need to pit in for more fuel.
"Tyres" - Feedback on how much laps your tyres are estimated to run out and due for a pit.
"Team Mate" - Feedback on where your TM is/position and anything else relevant to the race.
e.g. : "Team Mate" : "your Team Mate, ('team mates name'), is currently in X place and is on the 2nd corner and is due for a pit in X amount of laps, also is lapping X amount of second(s) ahead of you 
"Times" - Feedback on how well your times are improving or not, and the times you are posting.
e.g. : "Times", "your last lap time was, 01:35.53, you are improved/improving by 0.200'ths of a second, keep it up" or something like that.
Just a few commends that can be put in the next game so like the garage engineer can give you feedback on your command.  just as in the examples.

4: as everyone's saying, more better or have engine, brakes, gear failures, as it would in the real races. i guess this could be a good feature.

6: Bring back the Interviews maybe before, but defiantly after the race, relevance to my next few questions, make it that we have a conference room to go in after the race(s)  in free roam mode. 

7: a character Customization? be able to Customize your Character, and your own Number to start in your own career mode. 

8: Manual PitStops: would be good to drive into your own pitstops where as in the 2010-13 Formula 1 games we had KERS, we could replace that with a pit limiter speed button, if Manual Pits is turned on (as an option) you have to press the Pit Limiter button, (assigned to your controller) to enter the pits. but only if the option of having manual pits on.
Also can the Camera Angle of the your Crew pushing your Car in the Garage be free view?.. iwould like to see that you are observing the surroundings of your garage when your car is being pushed into the garage and still can look around. 

9: Free Roam: would like to see that you can be able to hop out of your car after a session is finished or if you have a car part that is failed and you can have an option to watch the rest of the race in camera mode or be exploring around the paddock and garage, can not enter the track while a race/session is on, nor the pit lane, but yeah. just an idea to work on if so.

10: Fully Custom Selection of Game Modes: In exhibition mode, would like to see that you can choose any time of the day you can race, with any weather, on any track, in any short, medium and full, short, medium or long race weekends.
but in career mode, could we have the calender back from the F1-2011-12, and make them weekends not a full month of racing, so you can have news stories in between the week and practices if you want, and R&D 'special' events during the week before the race so you can be ready for the race to come. just something to improve i guess.

11:Cockpit Helmet View: would like to see the actual Helmet you are wearing while in the cockpit racing on your head instead of having a plain view of the cockpit. but can be an option you can turn off and on.

13: not so much to look at, BUT just an idea, in Gran Tourismo 5, you can manage a driver and select his car and see how well he can go with what you can provide your driver, starting off in the lower tiers and work your way up in the managers chair. and hiring new young talent to join your team to build your drivers skills to become a legend.

15: Does anyone fancy some GO-KARTS?!?!, would be a nice side-feature to the game, since go-karts are the stepping stone to formula 1 racing. :P

there are so many more ideas as well that are great, just like to post some of mine :) 
Great ideas mate! We have much of the same ideas you make them sound better ;) but the free roam would be good.

well new to this whole.. suggestions thing.. and i've got some or "some" ideas so yeah.. : 

Great ideas mate! We have much of the same ideas you make them sound better ;) but the free roam would be good.
haha yeah :) its great that we all can think alike! :) and hope these ideas come to the next game, but also your ideas as well are great too! :) 

Some basic suggestions for 2015 Career mode:

- Allow the user to choose the teammate that they will replace
- I want to see my helmet when using the 'TV Pod' view. This is killing me right now, why is it so far forward
- Give the user an option of driver faces. I would like to use a black face. Why would I want Bottas' face if I am replacing him? 
- Give the user options for parc ferme celebrations, and over the line celebrations when finishing on the podium.
- Add a podium
- Add some sort of helmet customization

How about including the new Formula Electric series? 

That would be a nice addition to the game as a whole. 
It is an all different kind of series and therefore license. Plus it has already been added to Forza Motorsport 5 for this year...
The fact you, just like me, like FE just means it would be nice to have an FE game, I agree, still simply it has nothing to do with an F1 game unfortunately :(

I would like to see, in carreer mode, that drivers can leave a team and join another one. For example hamilton leaves mercedes to go to lotus. Like in football games that players can go to other teams.
Also, customize helmets and it has to have the sponsors of the team we are at that moment.

It will be great if codemasters put new things like custom car sponsorship and the numbers. And it will be AMAZING if they put your own helmet costumization with sponsor and different types and colors.

I do not know if anyone else would like this, but I think it would kind of be cool if a parade lap(or what ever it is called) was introduced leaving you to get the tires up to temperature.

veengren said:
I do not know if anyone else would like this, but I think it would kind of be cool if a parade lap(or what ever it is called) was introduced leaving you to get the tires up to temperature.

It's a good idea most people have mentioned this feature down the years on the forum's past and present. It's something yet to feature on the F1 games maybe on new gen? you never know. 

Juice29 said:
Maybe codemasters could have a 09-15 game with the cars changing seems like a nice idea
I'm also very much hoping that they combine different seasons for which they have their license. And I think there is a serious chance, based on this statement by Codemasters:

"Now onto new-gen. 2015 will see us release our first title on new-generation platforms. The game will launch earlier in the Formula One season and then go onto receive live digital updates. These updates will deliver 2015 content into the game as the season unfolds, ensuring you’ll be competing against the same drivers and teams you watch week in and week out!"

If the game is released say in April and they're gonna deliver the 2015 content via an update, there has to be some previous content in the game. They're not going to release a racing game where you can just browse through the menus awaiting the (2015) cars maybe coming 2 months later. 

First idea is to implement a fool proof controller support system before anything. If I can't make any old controller work with your games I call that a fail since other companies have perfected controller support and lay example as to the standards this area of game development should be expected to meet. NO CONTROLLER SUPPORT= NO STARS!!!!!

Tbh in F1 2015 I would like to see three major things debut… 

Since Marussia is no longer a race team I would think a franchise mode or create a team mode could be very fun. On F1 2015 there will only be 10 teams that's if Caterham returns… by doing this anothet team has been added to the grid. Also on online if you did have a created team maybe you can race in that car online.

Another thing that I would like to see would be a helmet Customization, I do like the helmets in the game but I think it would be nice to create your own helmet that is unique in your own way.

The last big thing I would like to see would be testing before the season starts. I really would like to see this. But it can't just be here do this objective over and over again. I would like to put input into the team on what is important to improve and what doesn't need to improve.

and the little things

I think there is always room to improve AI difficulty and I also think the Penataly system can be tweaked a little during online play.

This my opinion what do you guys think.

I'm not English native speaker, so ignore my grammars mistakes, please. I love this game, but the next F1 needs improve a lot:
1 - Carrer mode to improve. Need more interesting dialogues, need to do decisions, and a lot of things, one story and etc. The current carrer mode is really pathetic. Needs to be like one single player game, carrer mode can be much better. The offlines players needs more ways to fun.
2 - Let Brazilian players, Europe Players, and USA players, every them together to play. In the same server. This way the races will have more players in the same race.
3 - Before the race needs one written chat. aren't all that have microphone
4 - Why change de pilot's name in scenarios modes?? I want to know which pilot I'm using
5 - The AI needs improve. Dumbs AI, OMG! HAHA
6 - Sell this game more cheap, in my country is really expensive this game, and it's really bad because new players dont buy, and I want a lot of players online to race with me ^^
7 - offline mode... the AI players hit us, and we are penalized for this HAHA it's really frustrating

Pls! The F1 2015 can be a successful game. But you need take a risk, and this way change a lot of things. Failed 2014.

If you make the classic again, Don't forget the Ayrton Senna, Brazilian players got really sad with this, in F1 2013 u.u

I would love a simulation difficult! With real damage, car handling, AI racing like real pilots, realistic car setups! I love to feel like I'm a F1 pilot. The "Simulation Difficult" should have:

- Realistic car handling and realistic control, with realistic Force Feedback (for supported racing wheels).

- Realistic car physics.

- Realistic damage (Player & AI).

- No pit assist/cameras. (Optional)

- Realistic camera and camera shaking/vibration.

- Mechanical failures (Player & AI).

- Most realistic AI (Lap times, racing and overtaking).

- Graphs will look great, no doubt, but super realistic sounds would be awesome!!!

Thanks, and I'm crazy for F1 2015!!  ;)

The game isn't bad at the moment.

What i definitely want back are the two missing free sessions. It is hard to find your Setup in just one hour. F1 2011 did best. I also still miss a formation lap and more control over the car in the pitlane. A victory ceremony would be also fine.

Interviews and more is a funny idea but not really important. Work on the handling of the cars. F1 2014 became a little bit too Acarde. A Little bit. It's not bad, but also not rfactor. It don't has to be, but more slides are welcome.

- Better AI!
- Better damage!
- Better handling!
- All free Training sessions back!
- More GP (Formation lap, pit-control) 
- More GP-Weekend (ceremonies,....)
- Next gen!!

This would be a F1 2015, and a solid base to work for 2016!!   

wilei said:
The game isn't bad at the moment.

What i definitely want back are the two missing free sessions. It is hard to find your Setup in just one hour. F1 2011 did best. I also still miss a formation lap and more control over the car in the pitlane. A victory ceremony would be also fine.

Interviews and more is a funny idea but not really important. Work on the handling of the cars. F1 2014 became a little bit too Acarde. A Little bit. It's not bad, but also not rfactor. It don't has to be, but more slides are welcome.

- Better AI!
- Better damage!
- Better handling!
- All free Training sessions back!
- More GP (Formation lap, pit-control) 
- More GP-Weekend (ceremonies,....)
- Next gen!!

This would be a F1 2015, and a solid base to work for 2016!!   
Im guessing your on a pad then? 2014 with the wheel is by far the hardest to handle on the limit compared with all other cm games! (2011 being the most arcade) I do miss the practice sessions but in a way they are pointless atm as 1 base setup does work on all tracks so to spend 4 hours making a setup isnt going to be fun when the extreme will always give the best grip and lap time (done many many tests) If cm can improve the R@D tests then id welcome 4 hours practice back but without this and setups that do affect the cars the way they should I dont see the point myself using the 3 sessions (even tho I would if the above were added) I personally dont miss the live the life part of the game as it was just the menus and the same questions after every race (do you think you can win the wdc this year? No! im in a HRT for f sake lol) What id like to see is more interaction with the enginner out on track and in the garage rather than Crofty stood there with a mic after every race. I think cm should focus most of there efforts on making the racing as good as possible rather than new features like season challenge, YDT and scenario mode as not 1 has play value yet alone replay value. Have 3 Game modes career, GP and online and focus on the on track action as that is what we all buy racing games. If codies dont nail 15 then I think it will be the last F1 game for the company as sales were rock bottom with 14 and most who bought it will prob wait and see how it is handled after leaving 14 in such a unbalanced state without even a reply saying no were not even patching it once :( If codies implement all the features you mention well then id agree it would be a solid base for 16, if they dont then I know plenty of ppl who would refuse a free copy by then :)