Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Game Ideas and Suggestions

I thank that it would be good if they used the podiums as in 2006 it was good evan though the graphics was bad. And the formation lap should be in

fIsince08 said:
jj1997 said:
I would like to have split screen multiplayer like on Call of Duty and FIFA

Doesnt 2014 have that?
No that's just split screen, I mean split screen online like on cod and fifa 

I would also like to see an increase in lobby space now that the franchise is moving to next gen and I want the number of lobby space increased to the number of cars that will be on the 2015 grid so whether that would be 18, 20 or 22 spaces in a lobby

I know this is incredibly minor and random, but I'd love the option to see the names of corners and straights (even where they're just officially called "turn 2" or whatever) as I'm driving around. It would make it so much easier to relate when I'm watching F1 on TV and the commentators are going on about something happening at Turn something-or-other, and I have no idea which one that is even though I've "driven" round the circuit a hundred times...

I would like f1 2015 to have more men in your pit crew like the real racing and make it so that you could design your own helmet and chose the sponsors and their location on your helmet depending on what team your racing for.

Me gustaría más errores de IA, para ver las posiciones perdidas y más coche de seguridad desplegados. Será una buena idea consultar a un 0 a 100% de fallos ajustables y daños en el coche del jugador, cuando el 100% eran el daño realista, ya que puede ver cada fin de semana de F1 en la vida real.

And please!! everybody wants to see broken cars in the circuit as we are driveng under a yellow flag. I feel so sad every time that i see than a broken car just disappears 2 seconds after crash. 

F1 2015
1. AI that will finish a pass attempt and not back out of a positional advantage.
2. AI that will defend  it's position and not allow first lap (or later) easy passes.
3. AI that will not pit too early in rain situations (and others), only having to pit again. Making an extra stop.
4. Eliminate AI traction control, and even out the tire wear speed advantage between AI and player.
5. Eliminate controller (game pad) advantage over wheel.
6. A more valuable Race Engineer.
7. Continue your efforts to make the game more realistic and less arcade. Still have a way to go.

Thanks!! Z

I think you should stop using Ctrl+v so much and start from scratch like with 2010/2011 and include 1080p and 60fps for consoles. Also they should have a team manager and maybe if anyone else agrees a mechanic mode and something like the realistic damage mod for the full damage. Also a paddock which you can walk around. Make it most like it it for a driver as possible. Maybe within paddock mode you can actually walk into the garage to get in the car to start the session, also climbing out the car and walking up to the podium at the end maybe an idea. Also to add to you could make modes for how formal the engineer is and language he uses more if you know your stuff about F1 he tells you more info that gives you more of an understanding of how your driving and how you can improve. Finally at least make the Williams livery red but just don't put the Martini on, of course that is if the livery stays the same for F1 2015. Fort out the ai so they have the same assists as you and the pad doesn't gain advantages because for the new consoles ive decided to get a steering wheel. PS: don't make it ridiculously priced because £35 for a game that you could easily use mods for an older version to possibly make it better! Now that is questionable. 

Ctrl+v'ing my ideas anywhere, since im trying to get them around so much and it would help to spread them around to nearly every suggestions forum  and ideas i can haha.. :P 

1: I would like to see in the career mode that you start of from the bottom teams and earn your way up in the ranks and teams to get recognized as a good driver, but also keeping the difficulty level there, but making it that you don’t have to RESTART the season if you have a contract offer half way through the season and the difficulty is a bit easier when you swap for a higher team than you originally drove with? So like a balanced difficulty system where if you are changing teams though out the season, it will still be difficult to earn your spot on the podium, instead of keeping it the same difficulty, e.g. if I started at Caterham and made good progress, moved up to say, Toro Rosso RedBull, and just outran everyone on the track, its hardly a change of difficulty, and no challenge when its on a difficulty when you first started off, than when you changed teams?.. get me? Aha ^^;

2: In Exhibition mode: be able to watch a race of your favorite teams/drivers/modes/tracks in a camera mode and switch in between the cameras and drivers with a commentary to go along with that to make it more like you are watching an actual race if you wanted to.. just like in the game i loved to play on the Nintendo 64, Formula 1 Championships, also commentary can be turned on/off)

3: if you have a voice input such as like the kinect or a headset, and have voice commands such as like: 

"Lap time" - Feedback on your lap time(s)
"Fuel" - Feedback on how much fuel you've used and/or when you need to pit in for more fuel.
"Tyres" - Feedback on how much laps your tyres are estimated to run out and due for a pit.
"Team Mate" - Feedback on where your TM is/position and anything else relevant to the race.
e.g. : "Team Mate" : "your Team Mate, ('team mates name'), is currently in X place and is on the 2nd corner and is due for a pit in X amount of laps, also is lapping X amount of second(s) ahead of you 
"Times" - Feedback on how well your times are improving or not, and the times you are posting. 
e.g. : "Times", "your last lap time was, 01:35.53, you are improved/improving by 0.200'ths of a second, keep it up" or something like that.
Just a few commends that can be put in the next game so like the garage engineer can give you feedback on your command.  just as in the examples.

4: as everyone's saying, more better or have engine, brakes, gear failures, as it would in the real races. i guess this could be a good feature.

5: focus on more the track now?

6: Bring back the Interviews maybe before, but defiantly after the race, relevance to my next few questions, make it that we have a conference room to go in after the race(s)  in free roam mode. 

7: a character Customization? be able to Customize your Character, and your own Number to start in your own career mode. 
Also having more than one Career Player?

8: Manual PitStops: would be good to drive into your own pitstops where as in the 2010-13 Formula 1 games we had KERS, we could replace that with a pit limiter speed button, if Manual Pits is turned on (as an option) you have to press the Pit Limiter button, (assigned to your controller) to enter the pits. but only if the option of having manual pits on.
Also can the Camera Angle of the your Crew pushing your Car in the Garage be free view?.. iwould like to see that you are observing the surroundings of your garage when your car is being pushed into the garage and still can look around. 

9: Free Roam: would like to see that you can be able to hop out of your car after a session is finished or if you have a car part that is failed and you can have an option to watch the rest of the race in camera mode or be exploring around the paddock and garage, can not enter the track while a race/session is on, nor the pit lane, but yeah. just an idea to work on if so.

10: Fully Custom Selection of Game Modes: In exhibition mode, would like to see that you can choose any time of the day you can race, with any weather, on any track, in any short, medium and full, short, medium or long race weekends.
but in career mode, could we have the calender back from the F1-2011-12, and make them weekends not a full month of racing, so you can have news stories in between the week and practices if you want, and R&D 'special' events during the week before the race so you can be ready for the race to come. just something to improve i guess.

11:Cockpit Helmet View: would like to see the actual Helmet you are wearing while in the cockpit racing on your head instead of having a plain view of the cockpit. but can be an option you can turn off and on.
Also as some people are saying, custom design helmets?.. could be awesome. 

12: Formation Lap

13: not so much to look at, BUT just an idea, in Gran Tourismo 5, you can manage a driver and select his car and see how well he can go with what you can provide your driver, starting off in the lower tiers and work your way up in the managers chair. and hiring new young talent to join your team to build your drivers skills to become a legend.

14: Having Lower grades! F2, F3 would be nice to have as a starting point.

15: Does anyone fancy some GO-KARTS?!?!, would be a nice side-feature to the game, since go-karts are the stepping stone to formula 1 racing. :P

16: Podiums: After a race i guess.. (an option to either turn off/on podiums, or you can skip podium cut-scene) would be a good thing.. because if you celebrate, i'd like to see my Character/Driver celebrate on a good finishing position,on the podium.

17: If your car is damaged, (lest say pretty badly) BUT you are ok and  able to move.. could we say that its an idea that a safety crew comes out once the safetey car is out on track, the crew moves your car to the tow area to get it back to the garage? as it would "realistically" as people want it these days, but it would be good to see what else happens when you are in that sort of situation like that, instead of like in 2011-13 where if you highly impact a wall you have a menu pop up saying: [ you can either: use a flashback or retire from the session]  i think having the simulation of having to see that you have to hop out of your car that you've badly damaged or just an accident and left the safety crew handle your car towing it back to the garage. (but i guess thats all a bit to much to expect on a little side effect on a game?.. [just an idea]

18: G-force Effects? : i know its something that might go a bit to far in this idea but,when im going around a corner at like 100+km/hr i stop and think, if there is anything that the driver sees when he is going around a corner even faster or something.. or thats just my speculation of asking something that i dont know of, -sort of. ?

18.5: some people saying that having a game/season(s) that go from the 2000's or earlier maybe and start from there, finishing to where we are now? i GUESS it COULD work.. maybe? but thats provided that you have to get everyone’s expectations with the old drivers that everyone wants AND the new improved effects and simulations of what we are anticipating on the newer F1 2015! so yeah.. its not a bad idea, but it could be something more of -down the track- sort of suggestions if i were looking to make the next game.. IMO :P 

19: Sponsored Cars: i see why not?.. because the cars look plain every time i go past or an AI passes me (started/ing from caterham on professional with no HUD and ALWAYS in cockpit camera, earning my way up to better teams is my kind of playing field and  style of F1

20: haha another idea? : Legend Challenges: so like, if you have a specific Driver/Legendary driver ( past drivers that has been in from 2013 or earlier in the real races) you can challenge them/ like beat their best time on a track of your choosing or their best time on a specific track/ i don't know but something along those lines, but challenging them for their helmet design and wear it on any mode you like  as proof that you have beat them, and/or you can have different helmet designs for each of the drivers and difficulties, e.g. Michael Schumacher has all the difficulty modes: Amateur/Normal/Professional/Legendary: each difficulty has a unique helmet design as you beat the legend and unlock his helmet design.

21: also, on the Season Challenge, they only have one sht qualifying sessions, could we be able to change that to a short, or medium session, because I don’t race tracks yet until I have on the career mode, and i cant adjust to the track in one shot.. so yeah.

at the moment, these ideas were a couple of months old ideas. also can wait to see the new cars once released (game) :)

I dont play too much F1 Games from Codies but some ideas I have that I would like Codemasters to implement into future F1 games are the following......

Return of Classic Content
-1960's Some cars from the mid to late 60's 
-1970's Would love to see the Tyrell P34 in the game here.....
-1980's No real changes from 2013  other than maybe a few more cars, more accurate drivers?
-1990's See Above
Early 2000's Not really classic but I just love the Paint Job of the Jordan EJ11 and would like to see that again.....

Tracks
Old Spa and the full Nurburgring  are the 2 tracks I would like to see, maybe old Monza and Watkins Glen as well?

Feeder Series: At least GP2 and GP3, but dont go too far and add F3, Formula Fords Etc....

Better Damage: Cars are too strong, nuff said....

Wheel to Wheel Contact: This seem a little lacking, I would like to see this more like how ToCA 3 was...

The only thing I can think of with regards to making for a better F1 game is for CM to submit the licence to a more competent developer. Sorry CM if that sounds harsh but over the years, the game has been dumbed down far too much for any aspiring F1 fan/ petrol head to take it seriously any more. The lack of activity on here actually speaks volumes compared to amount of activity F1 2010/ 11 enjoyed. Glean from that what you will but I think I'm about right in my assumption.

I am barely interested or fired-up to learn what the new F1 game will bring and I now only frequent these forums once a fortnight (formally daily) to see what's up. Makes me laugh how topics from ages ago are still lurking on the front page with barely any new posts added in them. What have you done CM? It don't look good from my end!

I am a casual f1 gamer but love the feel of the driving. It's the rest of the game that gets dull fast, be the driver live the life I didn't even have a face for ceying out load. My opinions on improving it as a game(to make it fun) 
1. Let me be me, build my driver and drive how I want. We have lots of different styles in f1 but it never comes across in the game. The car set up and development are terrible I'm a nube and know this, by the time you become number one driver your development decisions mean nothing.
2. The team strategy should play a huge roll, for instance if I was to choose Ferrari I know they pay Seb more respect and would expect me to be a number 2 no matter what. So unless I break team orders and become champion (if you defy orders and lose your fired) I would need to leave for a number 1 seat at a smaller team. The team radio needs major overhaul of am in the worst car and win the race I expect more than well done mate great drive! How about that's mental you've just won us a big payday your our number 1 you deserve no less.
3. Making your own team. You become a f1 team owner, you design the car from its colour, team name, drivers(you can be a driver to so it's fun on and off track) you choose the engines, you choose the car specs do you want a red bull downforce or a Mercedes raw speed. Depending on game difficulty you get a budget and negotiate sponsorship deals. Even employ staff obviously this would only be in text but imagine hiring Adrian newey and 20 odd staff members and having time and finance limits to improve small things like team traing for pit stops or choosing a new front wing. To me bringing off track to life is where it fails. It's a game and it should be fun trying to race pros online becomes dull for nubes like me(and I don't crash like a idiot) so making it more fun brings it more to life 

Should have in the game menu, the option percentage chance of rain. The way this it rains too much, so fleeing from reality. This game should try harder to become a simulator, the game inves, as was the GP4.

Feeder series work really well in a game, MotoGP proved that with Moto3 and Moto2 included in the game. The official Codemasters position on that is that they don't have a license to do that, but if GP2 and F1 are both licensed by Bernie Ecclestone and his company, I would assume it is possible to get a license for it. 

I did enjoy the moto3 and 2 bikes for a while but it took to long to get in a big team like repsol Honda or the Yamaha, I think 4  full seasons on the last game so by then Id lost most of my interest in the game and moved on (prob to F1) It was the same with the wrc games with 4 seasons. I like the idea of having other categories just as long as ppl are given the option to go straight to F1if that's the option they want. Im lucky if I get 10 hrs a week playing now so it would take me a year to even do 4 seasons now :)  

I want CM to give me that same feeling I had when I played games like Ayrton Senna Super Monaco GP or F1 Championship Edition.  Right now none of your games come close to that experience.  I would like to see the following on your PS4 attempt:
1- realistic cockpit view.  Forget the helmet cam. I'm talking about view angle. 
2- realistic damage. Where you can get injured and be sidelined for races or even the season. 
3- a true career mode. You start as a test driver for a top tier team and complete objectives. Then either that same team signs you or another.  This could span over multiple seasons. When you have no testing objectives you can view current races from a spectator view.  Should the top 2 drivers fail to meet team objectives then you get that race seat for the race.  Should the top 2 drivers have a major accident then you get that seat. 
4- more "gear head" options like camber, steering lock, ride height, diffential, etc...
5- create your own team.  Through the use of current 2015 sponsers and engine manufacturers.
6- salary or endoresement objectives.  Meeting or exceeding team objectives nets you a payoff where you can start your own team because a current team didn't meet its objective. 
7- more engineer chatter. 

I think you guys at codemaster should lose the fia formula 1 licsence and create your own pinnacle open wheel racer.  I've been a CM fan for years thanks to Operation Flashpoint on pc. I think that was one of the best game ever created.  Please get back to your roots.  If you can make an ultra realistic game like Operation Flashpoint then make me an ultra realistic racing game. 

Regards,

coolieboy

I'm enjoying F1 2014, however apart from the excess torque/power and the noise, I don't feel like I'm driving a F1 car with the 2014 season changes. One thing it's missing is the cool down/energy top up lap on qualy runs, I can just churn out fast lap after fast lap without losing performance, and that's not what happened last year.

I get the career screens are simpler now, but I did enjoy the feel of the trailer, the agent, the interviews, that could make a comeback in the 2015 game.

Formation laps are something I've seen in these forums since the 2011 game and we still don't have it. Would be really cool, also, the drive from pit to grid on race day, feel the track, feedback to engineers and get ready for the race. It's such a cool process we see them going though on TV until it all just stops and the formation lap comes and then it's lights out and away we go (thanks Crofty).

These games from CM are awesome and we are all glad you guys keep improving year on year. I guess we do appreciate the effort you put on the graphics and physics of it all, it's just the extra bits missing that would make us all really happy.

I'm off to race some more. Looking forward to the 2015 game already.

1. Formation Laps
2. Driver Avatar
3. Money and Sponsorships
4. Random Mechanical Failures (From F1 Challenge 99-02)
5. Paddocks (Interviews, Talking to other drivers and agent)
6. Possibility to choose our own number on Career and Online
7. Realistic R&D Testing (Aero Paint and New Aerodynamic Parts Installed)
8. Improved AI (Racing to the Limit, Aggressive)
9. Custom Helmet Designs
10. I don't have a tenth  :p :D

itswais77 said:
1. Formation Laps
2. Driver Avatar
3. Money and Sponsorships
4. Random Mechanical Failures (From F1 Challenge 99-02)
5. Paddocks (Interviews, Talking to other drivers and agent)
6. Possibility to choose our own number on Career and Online
7. Realistic R&D Testing (Aero Paint and New Aerodynamic Parts Installed)
8. Improved AI (Racing to the Limit, Aggressive)
9. Custom Helmet Designs
10. I don't have a tenth  :p :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tXAuIScdl4&feature=youtu.be uploaded a video with those ideas

I've played all the F1 Games by CM and I've loved them, however career mode has went downhill since 2010. I loved that career mode, getting to answer questions, having an agent etc. Perhaps for F1 2015 CM could implement that back into the career mode, but have a vareity of possible questions asked and relevant to yourself and to the team you're driving for e.g. I don't want to be asked do you think you'll win the world championship if I'm racing in a Toro Rosso. In that case  you should be asked where do think you can finish in the standings? Also I think what you say in said interviews should have an impact on your career as say I give the Toro Rosso a bit of grief to the press, the team think less of me and would have hesitations in promoting me to no. 1 driver and offering me a new contract. Also you can use the press to push through a move to another team as that would be a cool idea.

In addition to this I would like a system when you can hire/fire agents who have varied salaries and negotiation and promotion skills. So if you have a good agent, moves to the bigger teams become easier.

I'd like as well a more informative engineer and realistic pit stop times. Also I think there should be a pre season test when starting your career when you drive for the team you will be racing for in the season (most likely Sauber, Lotus and Toro Rosso) and you do various challenges to gain an understanding of the car before Melbourne.

Having practice programmes to do such as race simulation will give the practice a bit more to actually do other than some poor R&D set by the team atm.

Other quick things that everyone basically wants; Podiums, Formation & Parade lap, helemet customisation
Also I'm a pad driver as I can't afford the prices of a good wheel, so I would like driving on a pad to be more of a challenge.

I think the game will have a career mode more like 2010. A few weeks back, they were shooting 3D portraits of the drivers, so it would be nice to see them walking down the paddock once again :)

I like the idea of having more manual starts.. maybe the old KERS button as a clutch or something like that, so it's not just flooring the throttle every time. along with formation lap, parade lap and manual pit stops, I think it'd be a good step for CM and then gradually add better/more things throughout the next few years..