Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Game Ideas and Suggestions

I also forgot one, instead of having one single engine compenent, they need to include the ERS, MGUs, ICE and the Turbo, and the power unit. We have 5 of them and we need those random mechanical failures in the PU. They also forgot the ERS boost that some drivers use but we didn't get a demostration of it.

- AI during the first lap and in overtaking situations. This is game breaking. AI pace is very good on Legend, though
- Career needs to be more immersive. There needs to be a "meaning"
- Keep the race engineer. One of the best aspects of the game. If you want to add broadcast presentation, put it before and after the races. If race engineer keeps repeating "we are expecting rain in 5 minutes" every race, that's fine. But if the commentators keep repeating "BUTTON TAKES THE LEAD!" every single race, I'm going to turn it off

That's about it.

Hello!

Well, i wont buy F1 2015 unless the can make sound the car good. Codemaster tells all the time they make real records and blabla but if its sounds like F1 2010 to F1 2014 i dont care. How hard can it be to make it sound realistic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azZfWrSB6SU    
Look at that link. Thats the minimum i will accept

So what is realistic, pray tell us? None of us has driven an F1 car with a helmet on, so all we know is what it sounds like on TV or when one drives past 100 yards away, which aren't the same thing at all.

Hi everyone, 

My biggest change I want more than anything is to cut down on that bloody rain. My last 4 races bar the last at Abu Dahbu season were all wet races.  Plus all the ones elsewhere,  Hungary being my most mystified by. 
There are lots of suggestions I would love but I am just stating my biggest one. I would love the choice to not have wet or at least realistic races where it appears. Unfortunately I do not have the skill like some to race at my level in the wet.

Just a we notes :
1)Pre-seasson testing
2)Gearbox adjustment
3)More exciting career mode + some cooperations with engineers
4)Full length sessions (practise)
5)Better objectives (not dissaponitment when I reach, for exampe, 8th position with Toro Rosso, instead of 7th)

1. More competitve AI would nice e.g. they overtake you down inside and actually defend positions
  2. Helemt customisation or the ability to change the colours of existing ones
  3. better day to night cycle at Abu Dhabi as irl the race start is at sunset

A career mode with more personality.

Classic stuff returning; cars and tracks.

Retired circuits like India, Korea, Valencia, and Nurburgring still being accessible. 

Everything included right away. NO DLC BULLSHIT.

Keep the steering wheel handling the same. The cars feel great to me.  

Here are some ideas...

1.Free Roam- I know this f1 and not gta, but i agree with Reub09. We should have more freedom in f1, we should "live the life" like in f1 2010. This idea may be a longshot but it can revolutionize the f1 games we know.

2.Formation Lap- if you remember the game f1 06 from ps2, it was given a remake via f1 championship edition for ps3. That game had formation laps and an incredible feel and atmosphere to it. The formation laps should be a period in the race where all the drivers have the opprotunity to warm their cold tyres. Since 2010, the start of races has that 3 photographic car shot (yoruself, rival, and teammate), and you started the race with cold tyres. This feature should also decide the type of start you get off the line at the start of the race(If you warmed up your tyres enough, you get a smooth or natural start, or if your tyres a re still a bit cold, you get a bad or slow start).This also adds reallism into the game, and gives drivers tense moments off and on-line.

3.Manual Pitstops- If you played R-Factor then you know this should be a feature, as i said before, we should have more freedom in f1 games. Also, we should have more control over our cars. Its been 4 years now that the cpu takes pit control, and the only slightest pit control that f1 has given us is acctually driving down into the pits until you get to the garages. All or most players should know how to enter the pit area by now. Also, whlie we are driving down pit road, there should be a waypoint to where are garage is, so we wont park in the wrong garage.

4.Commentary/Crew Cheif- Im gonna refer back to f1 championship edition, we should have in-race commentary. Will Buxton deserves to heard during the race. Also, the crew cheif should be modified or at least say something different for once.In older games, the crew cheif actually cared for you and directed you through the race. But ever since f1 2011, the crew cheif was just a robot telling you the tyre wear and wheather conditions.These two audio features should be mixed up too, like if will buxton is talikng and your crew cheif is about to say something important, will buxton will be cut off until your crew cheif finishes speaking.

5.Driver Level Unlocks- When we earn experience points in other games and level up, we get rewarded for it. But in f1, all get for leveling up is being ranked in the leaderboards. We should be rewarded vinlys, sponsers, and more( see more of this below). If you play call of duty, there is prestige mode when you have reached the maximum level in multiplayer. In f1, im gonna call it legend mode, where you start over your progress for a faster custom car, more vinyls and sponsors, double xp, and driver suits.

6.Driver Customization-This feature is available at driver lvl. 4. You can edit your helmet and change the colors and sponsors of your suit.

7.Create-a-car- This is a fun little feature i thought of. When you reach driver level 10, you unlock this feature in multiplayer. If you want  this feature in single player, you have to win 1 constructors championship or 2 drivers championship(whichever comes first). You can choose any car model (Ferrari, mercedes. williams body types), but all custom cars will have a default engine, so people will have to rely on set-ups and tuning. They can use sponsers such as bacardi, allianz, etc. When we get to a level (lvl. 24 for example), we unlock a car vinyl such as stripes or flourescent paint colors. If you play call of duty, there is prestige mode when you have reached the maximum level in multiplayer.

8.Retro-cars- In f1 2013, we had the 1986 f1cars, and when f1 2014 was realesed it was absent. For F1 2015, i want the 2002 f1 cars, but codemasters can ask opinoins on their twitter.

9.F1 World Records- This should be a feature because we want to ''acheive'' something in f1. For example, if you break the highest speed on Spa in belgium, the commentator will say...OMG!!! (driver name) has broken the all time high speed record on spa in f1 history!!!!

10.Interviews- The interviews has been a part of the codemasters f1 ''live the life'' style aspect, but was sadly taken out since f1 2012. I want this feature brought back and better than ever. Make this feature as a reputation factor. (if you give a postive response, you gain respect and popularity between drivers, teams and fans. If you give a negative response, you lose some fans, anger some drivers, and disrespect for your team).

11. Celebrations- When we win a race we want to do donuts or go around the track and wave to wave at the fans, but the driver justs congratulates the 1st place driver. Also when we win a championship, the whole team is with the driver and they celebrate together holding the drivers or constructors trophy.

This is my list i hope someone can read this and give a comment about what other ideas im missing out on or what ideas do you agree or disagree on.

People really need to stop labouring under the misapprehension that any significant tyre warming happens on a formation lap. At those speeds, weaving does virtually nothing other than give the drivers something to do to keep their concentration levels up.

People really need to stop labouring under the misapprehension that any significant tyre warming happens on a formation lap. At those speeds, weaving does virtually nothing other than give the drivers something to do to keep their concentration levels up.
It may not do much but it does more then you think, the formation lap isnt just to warm tyres, it is also used to charge a bit of the ers up, warm brakes, get a general feel of the car and track as the track is always changing, also warming the brakes can also warm the tyres aswell. Have you ever driven a race car with cold tyres and brakes? Not so fun, thats why a formation lap is better then nothing

would be great if you had to charge the ers on a formation lap and warm the tyres and brakes. if the producers don't know what the fans think would be good in the game by now they never will there are so many threads saying the same things, in fact the same things have been getting said since 2012 so could a moderator please ensure there are no more suggestion threads theres way more than enough :-)

For me is it important, that if I startet a new Lobby, that blocked Players can't join the Lobby.  I have blocked one Special Crashkid from Italy at F1 2014, it is terrible and impossible to get a good race, when he is at the Lobby, he is only there for crashing everybody.

MOD NOTE: NAMING AND SHAMING ISN'T ALLOWED

The AI to be more competitive and dive down the inside instead of backing out of the move.
I'd like a smart AI as say if I was behind Vettel by 2 points in the championship, he would defend as hard as he could to stop me getting past and overtaking him on the standings.
I'd really like a pre-season test where you do various objectives to gain experience and help to push the team towards a specific R&D route e.g. agressive, cautious and normal. if your car looks majorly off the pace, they go with agressive R&D and so on.

I'd like that my best times which I got during the races/qualifications would be saved and visible in next season in that circuit.
Difficulty of opponent's level are unbalanced - I win every race on normal and I lose most of rases on one level higher than normal. Additionaly sometimes it's impossible to catch up next rivals (even in best cars).
Downgrading of tires are bad idea - please, add posibility of switch off that.
Driving model in F1 2010 is the best and makes the best entertainment (for exp. 2010 have the best rection to turning steering wheel, any oversteering and any understeering) , Take inspiration from that edition F1
F1 2012 have huge oversteering - don't repeat that feature

if you block them and they follow you both commands cancel each other out and you end up in the same lobby. been happening for years

Yes, that is correct. But it is very terrible. I have this PLayer on my Blocklist and he can join the Lobby. This is what CM should Change. People on my Blocklist can't join my own Lobby. That is, what i want :-)

Greetings from Germany

Right now, I would just like to hear something about Codemasters actually working on a new game. If you come to think of it: since the announcement of the classic cars in F1 2013, all we heard from Codemasters was once blogpost announcing F1 2013 with 2014 cars and no classics and that a next-gen game will be out in the future. That was 15 july 2013. We are now 5 march 2015. That are (and I'm not kidding, I just let it calculate) 600! days. 

Well, i think codemasters should give more realism to the new next-gen game, like celebration after victory, team engineer congratulating after the race, more nationalities available for the players around the world, podiums, and national anthems, trophies delivery and the champagne shower with the traditional background sound, more customization option for the helmets like designs, concepts, colors, etc...all this small details that gives the final touch of realism to the f1 game.

F1 2014 was announced on July 31st. So that's over 200 days since we last got anything official apart from "can't talk about it, soon, not long now, after F1 2014 is released, this year, before the end of the year, not this year, not this month, not this week or the next".

We want to artificial intelligence of GRİD 2. F1 2014 is very bad reality .Visual damages is very bad.GRİD 2 is reality because cars aren't leave the fight.İn my opinion your should use DX 11. your improve screen quality.change camera position . change radio .we want numerous possibilities in the game.

Make it for Xbox 360 and ps3 because codies might lose some money