DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 Game Ideas and Suggestions

Hi to all and hi Codemasters, I have some tips to give you, I hope you find useful these tips (if you read this message). Sorry for my bad english but I'm not English. I' m an avid fan of "F1 SAGA" and i can tell you that the game is becoming boring and uncared in some points, that I like other players would like to be correct. 

1) AERODINAMICS: As we know is one of most important aspect of modern F1 and the principal factor that make you able to run in a good way in the trakck. In addition i must say that is a complex value, and for this he can't  be summarize certainly in 5 simple value. Aerodinamic, in your game is for first  too much exemplified, almost to resemble the "arcade mode". How second thing much seriuos is that (exceptions are extreme tracks like Monaco or Singapore) the aerodinamic no help the player , whatever the value is given the performance of the players in the track don't change like we aspected from a changing of parameters. This is not acceptable in a world (the F1 world) where a small change make the difference in positive sense or negative sense. But the most serious thing is that from too much year Codemasters continue to insert this "arcade value" in the game. I hope that this aspect  will be improved in F1 2015, to offer to the expert users a complete and funny expirence that can change based on how you change the setup. 

2) PIT STOP: It's impossible that in every race the percentage of error in a pit stop is always 0,0% and also that a pit stop during ever the same time of seconds.  This makes it all very unreal (but is truth that F1 still remains a game). The races are decided some times also from the mechanics that can do some error and wast time to the driver, in this sense for the driver is possible to earn much time with a perfect pit stop. The possible  development of this problem is to insert a visualization (dirung the stop) of a some button that the player must press in a good way to have a good pit stop without errors. This make all more funny and dynamic and the player would feel satisfied also after a pit stop, and not with the same during of  3,1 or 3,0 second! 

3) "Ghost driving aids" Much of expert player disactive completely the aids to have an experience more real and that put them in a hard test. However remain activate some "aids" that in additional are tremendously annoying. If you go out also for a bit and with bit of the car from the roadway suddnely brake. Besides being a usles thing, is also not believable!!! When ever in F1 we se a driver going out the track on external way and he brake?? Go outside means alredy "loosing time", and i understand that the car automatic brake when i cut a corner, but i can't understand why the car brake when you go outside (external, or for a bit). I can't accept this in track like Singapore or Sochi (and also other).

4) Artificial Intelligence: Artificial intellects must be made in some way more reactive!! An expert player in the most difficoult modality (LEGEND) probably going to boring. In the best case at the IA is given one second at lap with cars like Force India or Sauber and this is not real. For not mention the thing that when the IA cars are in a excellent position to try an overtake inexplicably brake and for this they lost also 3 or 4 seconds!! For excellent position i mean for example with DRS turn 3 of Australian GP (to internal). 

5) Damage: We are arrived at the 2014 chapter of the saga and we have only the coinsistent damage of the front wing, I hope that in the future are improved the damage to the car in especially to the sides rear wing engine break and the shift. 

6-7) The last pointS are the tires temperature and invisible walls; In your game after a curvilinear arduous and stressful after 300 meters of  straight the tires become cold, and the engenier continue for the rest of the race to tell you " Warms the tires, warms the tires". We must consider the presence of invisible walls especially at the enter of the box!! I don't remember exactly in wich track but in Austin ther is this problem. 

I know it's a very long message and I know that it is written in a very bad English, but I hope that someone read this message because the last chapter that was created by you, wasn't not the best of history. I wasn't here to write if by player, I had not encountered many problems.

F1 2015 Suggestions !

1. Safety car come out more frequently.
  2. Podium.
  3. A lap to warm you tyre before the race and lap when you win the race.
  4. Make AI harder to pass and more aggressive when overtaking to cause a bit more collisions.
  5. better tyre wear so you feel the car being harder drive so you loose time.
  6. Engineer tell you when other cars a pitting so when in the wet and want to change tyre you know who already pitting.
  7. Display all cars and how many seconds they are behind like on TV.
  8. AI make more mistakes like braking late, going off track, they odd spin etc...
  9. Helmet Designer

- It would be great to create our own helmet design (like a true F1 driver)  with our codemasters account..
- Motion of the head when we drive in Cockpit Cam and a better position of the Offset TV-Cam like on TV
- Same graphics data we see on TV (ex: positions, speed,...) 
- FP1 - FP2 and formation lap 

itswais77 said:
Saving Replays on Career and Online would be great for league races
Well if you have a PS4 you can do that even if they dont have a 'save replay' option in the game, with the ps4 you can press the share button and it will save whatever game you are playing to the ps4 storage

itswais77 said:
Well if you have a PS4 you can do that even if they dont have a 'save replay' option in the game, with the ps4 you can press the share button and it will save whatever game you are playing to the ps4 storage
True, though to be fair I find it to be quite choppy on playback. Doesnt quite have the same silky smooth feel of the live gameplay

itswais77 said:
True, though to be fair I find it to be quite choppy on playback. Doesnt quite have the same silky smooth feel of the live gameplay
Still better then nothing?

Id very much like to see the following in F1 2015....

1.The feeder series like Karting,gp3 and gp2.I feel it would give those of us who are not as good at the game a chance to work on our skills(or their lack of) And maybe if not that,we could be the Reserve or R&D driver.

2.When i replace someone on a team i would like to choose my own car number and have MY NAME on the back of the race suit,not who i replaced.

3.Customisable helmets and character

4.Fp1 and Fp2 so that,again,those of us who are not so good at the game get a proper practice on each circuit.

5.Pre and Post qualifying/race interviews which affect our popularity and fan base which in turn would affect weather or not a bigger team would like my services.

6.For the drivers to change teams at the end of the season.And they could maybe even retire after a couple of seasons and the game could bring in replacements

7.For improved AI(They nees to be more attacking and drive less better in the rain) and race engineer(For those of us that have the headsets and whatever else we could talk to the engineer ourselves,he also needs to be more helpful)

8.Better damage and failures for both me and th AI,if i break early and the AI drives into the back of me,both cars should be realistically broke up

9.Commentary(on/off)

10.To be able to see the helmet Visor when in cockpit view And to be able to clean the visor with the push of a button when it gets dirty

11.Paddock roaming(to be able to get out of the car after retiring or entering the pits during practice or qualifying)we could even go to a tv and finish wayching the race or practice or qualifying

12.To be able to controle the car in the pits

13.Improve the penalty system im sick of being penalised for the Ai crashing into me and if im low on fuel at the end ofa race i get a penalty,aswell as that if we controle the car in the pits we could be penalised for driving too fast or whatever

I understand that thats alot to ask of Codemasters but theyve really got to pull their socks up if they want to retain my services or hand over the rights to EA and see what happens with them

@WaterBuffalo I like your ideas, but if EA got the rights the game would be transformed into an online gambling syndicate where a mode like "Ultimate Team" is eatablished, everythings decided by the script, its impossible to play the game without microtransactions, and no other game mode will be developed aside from their Ultimate Cash Cow.

Id like it to go to Polyphony. They can get some licenses for junior open wheel classes.. I think theyd do a good job they have the passion to do it

@WaterBuffalo I like your ideas, but if EA got the rights the game would be transformed into an online gambling syndicate where a mode like "Ultimate Team" is eatablished, everythings decided by the script, its impossible to play the game without microtransactions, and no other game mode will be developed aside from their Ultimate Cash Cow.

Id like it to go to Polyphony. They can get some licenses for junior open wheel classes.. I think theyd do a good job they have the passion to do it
Or SimBin.

Edit: they're called Sector 3 Studios nowadays.

EA taking over the F1 series could be bad, but the same could be said about PD. 
Taking into account what PD did to the GT games we could very well end up with a F1 game with no damage, no fuel/tire wear, a bare-bones online mode with no leaderboards, no matchmaking & no friend invite, bad AI, bad engine sounds, and a boring career mode that isn't fun or challenging and is designed to favor grinding rather than player skill. 

FS7 said:

EA taking over the F1 series could be bad, but the same could be said about PD. 
Taking into account what PD did to the GT games we could very well end up with a F1 game with no damage, no fuel/tire wear, a bare-bones online mode with no leaderboards, no matchmaking & no friend invite, bad AI, bad engine sounds, and a boring career mode that isn't fun or challenging and is designed to favor grinding rather than player skill. 
I wouldn't say oit would be bad if EA took over as EA I think do look after both single player and multi player levels for the most part. I do think though that EA have enough sports games on their books anyway with Fifa/NHL/NBA and PGA on their hands to look after.

@sjsharp2010 I cant speak for their other sports games but their treatment of offline players for FIFA has been disgraceful. Career mode is the same now as it was in 2009... Infact every modes the same, and in the case of lounge mode some dont exist any more. 

This is all due to Ultimate Team. EA rake it in on microtransactions through Ultimate Team, hence thats the only game mode they ever tweak (probably to maniipulate things to maximise profit). 

@sjsharp2010 I cant speak for their other sports games but their treatment of offline players for FIFA has been disgraceful. Career mode is the same now as it was in 2009... Infact every modes the same, and in the case of lounge mode some dont exist any more. 

This is all due to Ultimate Team. EA rake it in on microtransactions through Ultimate Team, hence thats the only game mode they ever tweak (probably to maniipulate things to maximise profit). 
well everything in terms of general improvements of the game in terms of physics or graphics and other stuff has been shared across the board as far as I can see so as long as EA continue to do thinmgs in that vain I don't think that needs to change. Career mode maybe more or less is the same as it's been for a while I agree but last I heard they are working on that as I believe they plan on licensing more competitions and leagues just like they've done with the Premier league in Fifa 15. Whether they can actually deliver on this I don't know but that's what they intend Other than adding a bit more of a broadcast style to the game where they go into a studio at half time of a match or something as an idea I can't really see what else can be added to career as it pretty much has all the major stuff in it already.

Wanorak said:
Failures short term and terminal!, Formation lap, Real pitstops, AI that commit, Live the Life back, All race weekend sessions, Improve the engineer and maybe add a couple different voices for different teams, Clutch for starts and pits, Podiums, Rookie season where you have to trial for lower teams to get a drive, Better R&D tasks, more detail on car setup evolution during Practice sessions, increased fragility of engine and MGU-K and MGU-H, Brake overheating, better news stories to reflect real season, better helmets with sponsors or made up sponsors...
The list goes on

I agree manual pitstops in race qualification and practice otherwise why bother pitting it is a part of racing 
if you are to late with the pitlimiter you get a penalty if you brake to late at you pitcrew they have to push you back 
at you pitcrew you have to press the clutch and the brakes otherwise they don't change the tiers 
formation lap 
jump starts clutch by start 
better traction control 
podiums 
f1 1999-2002 by ea was a good game it had everything you feel like a real racing driver 

I've heard that Maldonado wants a trophy/achievement from F1 2011 to return in F1 2015:

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1058-F1-2011/19-Have-You-Considered-DiRT3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ96YImdwv8

Martin Brundle is a man with expensive and refined taste. A man who knows quality and demands exellence. It is telling that a man of his racing and broadcasting experience is absent from f1 2015.

Martin Brundle is a man with expensive and refined taste. A man who knows quality and demands exellence. It is telling that a man of his racing and broadcasting experience is absent from f1 2015.
He was great in the Sony games, don't know why he isn't in any of codies.

Liam12d said:
He was great in the Sony games, don't know why he isn't in any of codies.
Either
a) codies cant afford, are unwilling to pay for him

b) codies, aware that 99.9% of casual gamers wouldnt know who he is, dont beleive his inclusion would "add anything to the game" (or were too dumb to consider him in the first instance)

c) brundle himself refuses to have his name associated with an inferior product

or d) 'FOM/licensing issues'

Martin Brundle is a man with expensive and refined taste. A man who knows quality and demands exellence.

And yet, he still chooses to work for the plonkers at Sky.
He didnt have a choice. Bernie sold the rights to pay TV, Brundle had to swallow his pride amd put the fans first as he knew otherwise he wouldnt have been commentating on 100% of the GPs. Brundle knows that no man, team, driver, or tv network are above the sport. Codemasters could learn a lot from that man

Martin Brundle is a man with expensive and refined taste. A man who knows quality and demands exellence.

And yet, he still chooses to work for the plonkers at Sky.
He didnt have a choice. Bernie sold the rights to pay TV, Brundle had to swallow his pride amd put the fans first as he knew otherwise he wouldnt have been commentating on 100% of the GPs. Brundle knows that no man, team, driver, or tv network are above the sport. Codemasters could learn a lot from that man
No he did have a choice, the 100% rights to live coverage were sold to Sky. The Beeb still covered every race of the sport, which means that he could have stayed with them. But he didn't.