Sign in to follow this  

Stop telling me that my tyres are cold!

I feel like this:

Engineer: Okay Kimi, we need to keep working all four tyres.
Raikonnen: Yes yes, I'm doing all the time. You don't have to remind me every second.

This makes me suspicious that there's a bug with the rear tire temperatures. There's no way they could be cold when they're spinning all the time. And he always tells you to warm them up, how are you supposed to do that if hard acceleration doesn't do it?

Really? It's just a joke now people are complaining about things that arent effecting the gameplay. You do know you can turn your engineer off if it annoys you that much.

Interesting that we are not all having this problem. I find it really annoying, at some tracks it's almost every lap. If I'm not getting enough heat into the rears then fair enough, but I fear it's a bug. I'm playing with a wheel, no assists, and I feel like I have plenty of wheel spin. Is it actually possible I'm being too gentle on the throttle?

I noticed ppl getting this problem on youtube before release, I play on the 360 no assists and cockpit cam which this year has tyre temps in some cars, my temps are 100 on the display (correct) then go hotter when under load and cool back down on the straights. My tyres are normally 100 by turn 2 out of the pits and didnt cool when I had a safety car :( Seems strange my tyres are always correct yet others I see driving quicker are struggling for temps which makes no sense! Are the ppl who are getting this problem on pc by any change? All the vids ive seen this happen they are playing on pc, maybe a bug?

vtidixon said:
I noticed ppl getting this problem on youtube before release, I play on the 360 no assists and cockpit cam which this year has tyre temps in some cars, my temps are 100 on the display (correct) then go hotter when under load and cool back down on the straights. My tyres are normally 100 by turn 2 out of the pits and didnt cool when I had a safety car :( Seems strange my tyres are always correct yet others I see driving quicker are struggling for temps which makes no sense! Are the ppl who are getting this problem on pc by any change? All the vids ive seen this happen they are playing on pc, maybe a bug?
Hi, sorry to say it again but: this is because of the hidden assists. When I still had them on my wheel, I could go flat through any corner and tyre temperatures were always optimum. Even at the start when flooring the throttle, I could not get a warning indicator that my tyres were overheating.

vtidixon said:
Hi, sorry to say it again but: this is because of the hidden assists. When I still had them on my wheel, I could go flat through any corner and tyre temperatures were always optimum. Even at the start when flooring the throttle, I could not get a warning indicator that my tyres were overheating.

No mate my tyres do heat up when under load and they do require looking after or I wont get the power down if my rears are hot :) The problem I have is they dont seem to ever be cold!!! I come out of the pits and as im driving down the pits my tyres are warming up and by the sec corner they at 100 (steering wheel) What im trying to point out is the pc users seem to have a bug thats making there tyres run cooler than they should yet on the 360 they dont seem to get COLD. I havent tested to see if I cruise what the temps are but like I said behind the safety car I never had to keep temps in them as they werent cooling down!

I havn't  actually heard this message once since I got the game on Friday. Maybe because I'm on the 360 or something.

Forgot about this problem until i launched F1 2014 tonight.. 

Finished 4 places ahead of my team mate on Austria Grand Prix, prof or expert  with no assists on and a wheel.

Every god damn lap..... Something tells me i would not be able to finish that position IF my tyres were that cold.