Sign in to follow this  

Lets talk corner cutting

Will we have the same corner cut penalties as in GRID 2.  

Please fine tune your corner cut system.  You cannot cut a corner by running wide and off the track.  Only on the inside is corner cutting possible.  

Yet so many times, BS corner cuts ruin the race in Grid 2, your exiting a hair pin, get a bit of a wobble on, run off the track by 1cm and come straight back on, no advantage gained, just lost time due to the untidy exit, and your corner cut for ages.  The car that was on your rear bumper does the same, but doesn't get a penalty.  These type of incidents should not result in a penalty.  

Obviously someone who screams across the grass and cuts a massive section deservers their 10min corner cut penalty.  Its really just the ridiculous ones that make certain tracks a nightmare.  Algarve is the worst.  

Give me a demo, ill test it for you myself for FREE lol. 

I watch F1 on the tv and when I see them on the curbs at Yas marina etc, im thinking....he didnt get a corner cut for using the curb on the way out. Why does it happen in a game. 

Please DEVS get it right 1st time with the corner cutting.
 Not every off road expedition is intended or gives an advantage, sometimes its avoiding a crash thats happened, or thats about to happen.  With full damage going to be on by default (I LOVE full damage) people maywell be taking to the grass to avoid incidents.  I think you got done for that on F1 2010, not sure about 2011+ i didnt play them. :)

corner cut penalty is crap, and i hated that on grid2.
Is not enough make grass like glue ??? so slow-down the car when is off-road ?
Is stupid push a car to go slow on the middle on the track (ghosted or not) !!

corner cut penalty is crap, and i hated that on grid2.
Is not enough make grass like glue ??? so slow-down the car when is off-road ?
Is stupid push a car to go slow on the middle on the track (ghosted or not) !!

Only cheats get penalized if they cut across a corner to overtake people.

Are cutting penalties applied in all racing in the real world?  Seems like if we're going to have them they should be applied as and where/when they are in real life.  Just a thought.

Of course, if there aren't any in the career, or if they can be turned off, I'm good to go.

Frank

You can gain time by running wide but when that applies is so rare that it isn't worth the punishment. It is a problem in many of the racing sim games nowadays though, not just GRID.

If you overtake from a corner cut why not make it realistic and give 1 lap or so to let the person back past after the game announces to you (they review it for a bit or something). This would give you a chance to let them past without having to worry about it or risk it and let the officials decide.

I believe they should make a penalty system as the same as in F1 series. It seem to work well.

I think the best (perfect maybe) system was Grid 1, if you went on the grass you were slowed slightly and risked spinning, curbing the red and white could de-stabilise you and throw you off course,  barriers and tyre walls ensured every one kept on the track and looked really good when cars hit them and the tyres flew up in the air and the cars barrel rolled along the track and we all LOL'ed through the text chat. 

8->

Ok maybe it could have been slightly improved, but not by much, just a few of the bigger advantageous cuts could have been sorted with a patch.

I blame Yas, its like a big car park with markings laid down to race on, I wouldn't mind barriers grass or gravel instead of the markings at Yas, I know it wouldnt be authentic but better to me than dumb slowdown penalties.

I prefer a slowdown as well when the corner is cut. Since this game will attract a different audience as well, corner cutting will overall hapen a bit more as an accident or maybe to avoid an accident. Just slow down the car that cuts in whatever way. I should just be enough for the other to regain his place during a battle.

Maybe a time penalty could be added to your final race time. 5 seconds or so for all four wheels cutting the corner and no actual penalty for running wide just 50% power only if you go more then 1mtr or so over the outer limits. Particularly effective on the red bull ring where all the run off was basically free to use with no drama or hinderance and where massive time could be gained

no time penalties, no car slow downs. its a horrible system that ruins games.

just make the grass or off the track limits a no acceleration area or slow down but please don't have slow down penalties when re joining the track, just because f1 & grid 2 have it doesn't mean it needs to be implemented here as well.

gravel traps, walls curbs etc all work better.

its a game breaker imo.

no time penalties, no car slow downs. its a horrible system that ruins games.

just make the grass or off the track limits a no acceleration area or slow down but please don't have slow down penalties when re joining the track, just because f1 & grid 2 have it doesn't mean it needs to be implemented here as well.

gravel traps, walls curbs etc all work better.

its a game breaker imo.
That's what i meant to say!

Make the grass a bit more slippery and rough, and the gravel pits much slower, and that will surely help. It was very annoying on G2 running slightly wide on a corner, or even getting pushed off, and getting slowed down for a ridiculous amount of time

I dont want people to be able to cheat by not getting a penalty,  All I want is to only get a penalty where its deserved.   e.g. The last S bend on Indy GP,  Sometimes you throw the car in a split second too early, and cut the inside of the corner....Thats a penalty....im ok with that one, as it is corner cutting.  Its the gass on the right, if you slide your back wheels on to the grass, your front wheels are still on the track, you save the car from spinning, only to get a penalty.  There is no need for the penalty, you lose all your time sliding around on the grass, so nothing has been gained, only lost....so no need to give a penalty.  It could be a close race 1 lap to go, that happens and the race is denied a close finish,  

Its just frustrating to get penalized unfairly. 

I dont want people to be able to cheat by not getting a penalty,  All I want is to only get a penalty where its deserved.   e.g. The last S bend on Indy GP,  Sometimes you throw the car in a split second too early, and cut the inside of the corner....Thats a penalty....im ok with that one, as it is corner cutting.  Its the gass on the right, if you slide your back wheels on to the grass, your front wheels are still on the track, you save the car from spinning, only to get a penalty.  There is no need for the penalty, you lose all your time sliding around on the grass, so nothing has been gained, only lost....so no need to give a penalty.  It could be a close race 1 lap to go, that happens and the race is denied a close finish,  

Its just frustrating to get penalized unfairly. 
you won't get penalised unfairly if time penalties are abandoned in favour of the old proven methods of grid 1-----walls sand & grass.

yeah i hate slow down penalty too.. ~X(
i prefer way :

penalty flags f1 style
some blocking , tags etc outside on grass when you can cut the road..
gravel traps level (toca 3 style)
+ seconds in the end of race..
drive through penaly f1 style

but for nothing slow down penalty , its not realsitic and it ruins the game :-B
Dont make it like that plz ^:)^

Oscar97 said:
We've seen Grid 2-like penalties in a video. So I hope they've been reworked.
They have been. Both in terms of the way they are detected and the way they're applied. Hopefully it'll be an improvement all around. :)

im hoping the wall and obstacles will be back in autosport,leaving debri such as tyres  on the track for the remainder of the race...this was a huge ammount of fun in first grid..pls delete penalty system as just dulls down the race and dont forget cheaters can be kicked anyway..mostly racers in grid race on the edge of what is possible within the spirit of true racing

Yeah.  A nifty part of GRID.  Debris stays on the track, but dwindles with each lap - like the sweepers are out there cleaning up as much as possible when it's safe.  Small detail, but very cool - and here to stay, right?  Very glad I never have to dodge the sweepers themselves.

Frank

Debris still stays on the track :) Always tricky dodging bits of carbon fibre from a crash that happened up ahead. 

Quick example: I was a on a qualifying lap around Jarama when moving into the first corner I was put off by loads of debris where a car had spun out and obliterated two brake markers. Completely wrecked my lap that.

Would a stop and go penalty work - you get one lap to do it in?  Not in a point-to-point of course.

Frank

the penalty for cut can be aplied in +5 second or more after finish line to finish rezult,sow,if in grid1 who cut in SPA get his 3-5 sec faster,then at finish hi whill get times back,the same or bigger than he cut.i apologise for my engl. 
"write by Serj1001"