Jump to content Jump to content

Wheelspin - Is This Realistic?

I've played a lot of racing games and simulators and I've never seen the amount of rear wheel spin that's in this game. Even in 4th the rear will slide out with the slightest amount of steering input at full throttle. Is this what's it's like for the real-life F1 drivers this year? 

Recently I've started playing with medium traction control in career mode and I find it a lot less frustrating. But generally I like to play with realistic settings so if the wheel spin is realistic I'd rather get used to it. I use a G27 on PC by the way.
Thanks that's good to know! I found an article backing this up:

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/f1-drivers-skills/
“It’s quite a lot easier to get wheelspin and break traction out of a corner,” says Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo, who is currently ranked sixth in the championship. “Managing the throttle and having more finesse in that area has been the biggest challenge.”

No kidding, says McLaren rookie Kevin Magnussen, who is ranked ninth. “The torque comes in a very different way,” he says. “It’s very aggressive. You need to be very sensitive with your right foot when putting the power down.”

I guess I'm stuck with the wheel spin then. It's not so bad on the "fully developed" cars in time trial etc, but it's a nightmare at the start of career.

I did wonder if codies went ott with it at first but after playing for few hours now I'm slowly getting used to driving with all that torque :) I'm on my limit at the mo but know there still alot to find from the car, I always thought I had good throttle control but this years game has been a real challenge to get used to which imo makes the game worth every penny :)
Keep practising and change up sooner, especially in low gears. I think CM have done a great job here (with wheel) and equally have made it accessible to us. My first session with the game, I was spinning out all over the place, but now it actually feels quite easy. I think its probably much harder in real life than this.