F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

This game is a broken mess!!

Legend with no assists is for pad users (although they still have hidden assists), Expert with no assists is for wheel users (like myself) because Legend AI are to fast if using a wheel. Impossible to keep up with AI in the rain if you don't use assists............ Absolute joke!! And career is a pointless, broken mess which has no benefit or pleasure in playing! 

Its been a broken mess for the last 2 years but yet still bought it knowing that..  thus I have no sympathy for you.   Next year remember this and do not buy it.

Ok this is one of my first posts but I had to login and comment here.

I just played a 50% race as Bottas at Austria. First time driving that track (Massive huge F1 fan/F1 game fan)

Legend AI only Assist was Auto gears, i'm playing using the pad on PC.

Now in every other game I had to play with all assists otherwise i'd spin out of every corner and lock up into every corner without fail. my tyres  would ALWAYS be in the red 4/5 laps before my scheduled stop (in other words I SUCK at F1 games)

in 2014 however, I was every bit as fast as the legend AI, No spins, No lockups (This is with the occasional braking and turning at the same time mind) and my tyres last comfortably past my window.

I qualified and finished in second having a great battle with Ricciardo and Hamilton (Hulkenberg won by 7 seconds from 9th by 2 stopping instead of 3)

NOW, this is obviously a problem for better players than me (everyone) and it really really annoys me also. But it's also a little hard because I had a lot of fun with it without feeling that i'm cheating using TC/ABS, So i'm kinda on the fence because i can totally see why everyone is mad and it's obviously a cheap re-skin not worth the full price, BUT for ME? I'm having more fun than I've ever had before.

Ds310590 said:
Ok this is one of my first posts but I had to login and comment here.

I just played a 50% race as Bottas at Austria. First time driving that track (Massive huge F1 fan/F1 game fan)

Legend AI only Assist was Auto gears, i'm playing using the pad on PC.

Now in every other game I had to play with all assists otherwise i'd spin out of every corner and lock up into every corner without fail. my tyres  would ALWAYS be in the red 4/5 laps before my scheduled stop (in other words I SUCK at F1 games)

in 2014 however, I was every bit as fast as the legend AI, No spins, No lockups (This is with the occasional braking and turning at the same time mind) and my tyres last comfortably past my window.

I qualified and finished in second having a great battle with Ricciardo and Hamilton (Hulkenberg won by 7 seconds from 9th by 2 stopping instead of 3)

NOW, this is obviously a problem for better players than me (everyone) and it really really annoys me also. But it's also a little hard because I had a lot of fun with it without feeling that i'm cheating using TC/ABS, So i'm kinda on the fence because i can totally see why everyone is mad and it's obviously a cheap re-skin not worth the full price, BUT for ME? I'm having more fun than I've ever had before.
It's deja vu!! You said exactly the same thing in my other post just now lol!!! But if you were using a wheel you would be saying something else i assure you!!!!!!!!!!

It's deja vu!! You said exactly the same thing in my other post just now lol!!! But if you were using a wheel you would be saying something else i assure you!!!!!!!!!!
Haha I was just trying to make sure people saw what I wrote!

I think the games been ruined for everyone who's not total shit like me. If I can do well (On a track i've never driven with a completely made up setup) on the HARDEST difficulty everyone else must be feeling robbed!

Ds310590 said:

Legend AI only Assist was Auto gears, i'm playing using the pad on PC. In 2014 I was every bit as fast as the legend AI, No spins, No lockups (This is with the occasional braking and turning at the same time mind) and my tyres last comfortably past my window.

Clearly because you DO have those stupid assists, even when you disabled all of them. Yeah, you are having fun of course, nice to hear. But what if we both race online in the same lobby with assists banned? You will have full traction control, ABS and so on.

I really hope Codemasters will make sure that only visible assists count and that the remove that hidden cheat function.

Ds310590 said:

Legend AI only Assist was Auto gears, i'm playing using the pad on PC. In 2014 I was every bit as fast as the legend AI, No spins, No lockups (This is with the occasional braking and turning at the same time mind) and my tyres last comfortably past my window.

Clearly because you DO have those stupid assists, even when you disabled all of them. Yeah, you are having fun of course, nice to hear. But what if we both race online in the same lobby with assists banned? You will have full traction control, ABS and so on.

I really hope Codemasters will make sure that only visible assists count and that the remove that hidden cheat function.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!

Ds310590 said:

I wouldn't say i'd be cheating, surely there has to be an intent to class it as cheating? I mean what codemasters has done is hardly the fault of the pad users so getting annoyed at them doesn't help anyone.