Sign in to follow this  

Realistic Patch requests

Rayg1979 said:

I had a bug on my first game don't know if anyone else has had it?

Got Pole position in Australia on option tyres as normal but started the race on primes! Obviously you cant do this in F1, didn't notice that I was on primes until on the grid and wondering why after getting pole the AI were all over me lol

This was in GP mode 50% race full weekend

did you use Primes in Q2 though because if you did then that's why as you start the race on the tyres you set your time on in Q2 now.
For online tyre selection is broken, after quali you can select any tyre in the race so I imagine its the same for career or GP mode
I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary but then I don't play online but offline seems OK to me

sorry if this has been mentioned but improvements to the off throttle sound would be welcomed .......there dosnt seem to be any at the moment.

Patch the performance of the Williams car. It has a Mercedes engine and should be in the tier 2 of cars equal to the Red Bull.

Also, please make a patch for random tier changes for each constructor in career mode both during a season and at the end of each season.

Tuur79 said:
And make the AI less quick in Wet conditions. I'm driving with a wheel. In dry conditions I'm about 2,5 seconds of the frontrunners (Mercedes), but in wet conditions I'm 7 to 8 seconds a lap slower then the Mercedes cars!! That's ridiculous.
Agreed, I can't get anywhere near the AI cars on full wets, it's almost like they're racing on a dry track with prime tyres and you're not.

Craig1405 said:
Tuur79 said:
And make the AI less quick in Wet conditions. I'm driving with a wheel. In dry conditions I'm about 2,5 seconds of the frontrunners (Mercedes), but in wet conditions I'm 7 to 8 seconds a lap slower then the Mercedes cars!! That's ridiculous.
Agreed, I can't get anywhere near the AI cars on full wets, it's almost like they're racing on a dry track with prime tyres and you're not.
I tweeted Steve about this especially when using a steering wheel AI cars have excessive traction out of corners in full wet conditions.  But AI seems fine when I'm on inters.  Anyway Steve said yesterday the found something in the data and are reviewing it. 

This will help you a bit in heavy rain soften the springs and but on plenty of wing. It will help out of corners but will hamper you on the straights. 

Patch the performance of the Williams car. It has a Mercedes engine and should be in the tier 2 of cars equal to the Red Bull.

Also, please make a patch for random tier changes for each constructor in career mode both during a season and at the end of each season.

I agreed!

Track limits/Corner Cutting.
I'm not a fan of the Russian track anyway, but that race is always ridiculous, because if you abide by the track limits, you lose so much time compared to those who don't that it makes the experience really boring. The little kink before T3 may as well not be there.
Same with Hockenheim, I love the track but people gain such an advantage by missing turn one, seemingly without any penalty at all.  

Automatic Gearing
I also hope the Auto gears could be adjusted, so when you run in Standard mix mode, they should change up between optimal speed and optimal fuel saving. Put it in rich and the gearing should run to the end of rev limit etc. 

A.I.
Finally, please make the A.I. more aware, they don't defend, they only overtake with DRS if you give them the racing line and even then they're likely to back out. And if you let them go up the inside, holy cow, in my first race at Austrailia, Gutierrez had DRS out of the last corner, breezed by me to the point where his whole car was ahead, but then he slammed on the brakes at the 150 metre board and lost three places...

@ Morbidelli. Thanks for the tip. I'll try softening the springs and see if that helps. What spring settings do you recommend as a starting point on full wets? I'm currently setting them at about 4.4 , is this way too low?

Steve said they're looking into all the pad issues after I tweeted him about it. He said 'it's tricky to find a balance because some people want one approach, other another'. Not sure what that means exactly but I'm glad they're on the case

Mercedes in career ✌️ I can keep up with wet pace (legend AI) mercedes in career compared to Grand Prix mode are shit but still getting better with r and ds 

Craig1405 said:
@ Morbidelli. Thanks for the tip. I'll try softening the springs and see if that helps. What spring settings do you recommend as a starting point on full wets? I'm currently setting them at about 4.4 , is this way too low?
 4.4 is good. Last night in career mode at Malaysia in Caterham set it as low 2.2. My wings were set very high 10.11 I think. It was dry practice and qualifying. Qualified last but I was thinking about the full wet race. I finished 13th out of  20 cars and also got the help of the safety car. 

Sepang Was my only wet race so far it was actually the best fight I've ever had with AI it was with alonso for 1st place Got out of the pits he was 3 seconds in front I caught up to him around 3 tenths per lap I caught up to him last lap and passed I was cheering aha best fight I've ever had good job code masters! 

Sepang Was my only wet race so far it was actually the best fight I've ever had with AI it was with alonso for 1st place Got out of the pits he was 3 seconds in front I caught up to him around 3 tenths per lap I caught up to him last lap and passed I was cheering aha best fight I've ever had good job code masters! 
Are you using a pad!

Rayg1979 said:

I had a bug on my first game don't know if anyone else has had it?

Got Pole position in Australia on option tyres as normal but started the race on primes! Obviously you cant do this in F1, didn't notice that I was on primes until on the grid and wondering why after getting pole the AI were all over me lol

This was in GP mode 50% race full weekend

did you use prime in q2? if so thats why you started on primes 

Looking forward to seeing the patch for this game..

For me I would say codies have done a very good job with this title..but a few gremlins need sorting out once and for all. I enjoy playing career on legend but do find it somewhat annoying that my car is at a disadvantage from the off in terms of R & D.. I think the R & D in principle is a good idea but it should be set for all the cars, AI and your team mate..otherwise it just makes it a bit unfair..and subsequently unrealistic.
The difference in performance in wet races needs looking at too..the A.I clearly have superior grip.. 
Lastly I had this same problem with 2013...that the mid session save does not work at all on my PS3.

Other than the above a great effort from the Codemasters Team... Quite possibly the best so far.

Cheers

I'm only going to echo what's already been said such as balancing wheel and pad users, but for me personally I'd most like to see the AI being somewhat altered. More specifically, the gap between tiers. Tier 2 I feel should be closer to tier 1, perhaps give Williams the same treatment as Mercedes are in tier 1 to give them a slight edge over Mclaren and Force India. Tier 3 needs to be a lot closer to tier 2, and again, give the same treatment to Toro Rosso so they have an edge over Lotus and Sauber. This would mix the results up a bit more rather than having very similar results each race. AI Rosberg needs a slight upgrade, as does Button and Perez. Vettel and Raikkonen a slight downgrade to closer match this season.
And then, tier changes which has been mentioned already in this thread and I've personally stressed in my own thread. End of season tier changes at the very least, but a midway tier change (if conditions are met) would also be nice. I remember 2010 did something different where each track the AI performed differently. Sauber was good at Singapore and Red Bull struggled around Monza etc. Would like to see this make a comeback simply so make the career mode a bit more exciting.
Also, a little more work on AI braking/outbraking would be a bonus. They're an improvement again this year, but why stop there? Let's improve them even more!

I agree with all of this! Williams are simply too slow in this game on anything over 25% races. Also, no season is the same as the last, and I can't imagine Mercedes being the fastest forever, so there should be changes to the order if career mode is going to be not only more realistic but also something worth playing after the first couple of seasons. F1 2011 and 2012 had this, so it is disappointing that this got taken out.

A final observation I've made since 2013 is that the cars brake way, way too early and back out on the inside line to nearly all corners (the outliers being Malaysia turn 1, China turns 1 and 14 and Bahrain turn 1). I can't ever see this being changed though as it hasn't been addressed in over a year now. Racing against the computer in 2012 is a massive step forward from 2013 and 2014 in my opinion.

I can't really see a patch ever for 2014 anyway given that Codemasters are trying to get a next-gen game out for probably a summer 2015 release. I can't see there being time for one.

The car tiers should be:
Mercedes
Williams, Red Bull
Ferrari, Mclaren, Force India, Toro Rosso
Lotus, Sauber
Marussia, Caterham

Although Ferrari depending on the track can probably be up with Williams and RedBull as well.

I think Ferrari would be OK in tier 2 still because Alonso is right there in the championship with the likes of Bottas and Vettel. I wouldn't be that comfortable with having Ferrari in the same tier as Toro Rosso.

In career mode though, I would just wish it wasn't Mercedes being the fastest, alone, every year. Eventually, they will be caught up, just as Red Bull were. Teams should be able to move around amongst the tiers, and to allow more than just 1 team in the top tier past season 1. I don't know if that is impossible, however.

I agree with most statements on here I went and got a wheel and had great time playing I was 1 second off my times with a pad, however I have bad legs and get serious aches and pains so have sent the wheel back after 1 use. would like to get a proper wheel and seat with pedals that does cost to much but so I can have better experience of the game. however I have noticed that the wheel spin is so much harder to control with a pad than it was a wheel, also the AI is about on par the only problem the rain I can be matching the race pace then it starts to rain no matter what I do turn the engine down use less power out the corner till my car is straight, nothing can keep me with AI ruins the whole game, this need sorting how can I go from the fields pace and merc 1-2 seconds slower then go to 8 seconds a lap slower its so stupid please fix  

bad legs as in I have been in and out of hospital the past 8 years with the problems not just my legs ache, any suggestions of a seat wheel and pedals I could purchase?