Sign in to follow this  

Realistic Patch requests

Firstly, well done Codies as this is a pretty good game and im enjoying it but the below need to be looked at.

* I had a save game bug in career mode on xbox, this is inexcusable, luckily i was only halfway through my 2nd career 100% race, what if i got this bug near the end of my season =O

* AI pace in the wet, seriously the ai pace needs looking at in wet conditions, can anyone keep up with them? I race on expert in the dry and have to drop down to professional for fully wet tyres, intermediates its ok as the handling doesnt change between drys and inters but thats probably not patchable.

* The tiers with Williams always running around 10th is unrealistic

* The gap between expert and legend is still too big, please introduce a level inbetween these

Other than that im loving the game, anyone else have any "realistic" things they'd like patched?

Well I couldn't care about career patches, online is what is important as that's where most hours are spent, parc ferme tyre bug needs fixing, a few laggy cars needs fixing and the rev counter is broken other than that apart from tyre wear which needs to be a little higher its fine.

I dont think codies can fix the lag, thats down to peoples internet connection isn't it?
Online is almost unplayable unless your in a league, I ran a whole race in 2nd position then when i cross the line it says i finished 5th?! The other cars dissappeared the whole race

Well I couldn't care about career patches, online is what is important as that's where most hours are spent, parc ferme tyre bug needs fixing, a few laggy cars needs fixing and the rev counter is broken other than that apart from tyre wear which needs to be a little higher its fine.
What do you mean the rev counter us broken?

Rev counter tells you to shift before you should :(

I dont think codies can fix the lag, thats down to peoples internet connection isn't it?
Online is almost unplayable unless your in a league, I ran a whole race in 2nd position then when i cross the line it says i finished 5th?! The other cars dissappeared the whole race
Yeah I wouldnt play online unless in a league so I suppose we are lucky in my league to have great racing, most of us are in UK, its mainly down to codies net code, cars flying in the air like at the beginning from 2013, im pretty sure that'll be fixed soon though.

* The tiers with Williams always running around 10th is unrealistic

THIS! THIS! THIS!

I was going to make a post about it today, but you've already beat me to it. I'm glad someone else noticed this, not just me. Williams should not be finishing 6th-12th at every race, they should be somewhere close to the tier of Red bull cars, challenging for podiums or even the odd win here of there.

The obvious pad traction bug, and also the steering on the pad is RIDICULOUSLY heavy, it's a joke compared to the wheel. Might as well be driving a 200mph Mini Cooper 

The obvious pad traction bug, and also the steering on the pad is RIDICULOUSLY heavy, it's a joke compared to the wheel. Might as well be driving a 200mph Mini Cooper 
The pad traction is not a bug, its to make the game easier for casual players who use the pad. If you want to play properly then purchase a wheel or you will also just be put into a casual category

Its not a bug mate, its how its meant to be, when the shift lights go to the purple amd you shift before it starts flashing that is 12,000 revs, you can go all the way up to 15,000 and it does nothing different other then stop you from changing up an extra gear, in real life this is the same but they have programmed the cars to have the shift lights at 12,000 as this is the best revs to go fast and save fuel, they dont go to the engine limit in real life which is 15,000 revs as like in the game wont give the car more power it just burns more fuel 

Its not a bug mate, its how its meant to be, when the shift lights go to the purple amd you shift before it starts flashing that is 12,000 revs, you can go all the way up to 15,000 and it does nothing different other then stop you from changing up an extra gear, in real life this is the same but they have programmed the cars to have the shift lights at 12,000 as this is the best revs to go fast and save fuel, they dont go to the engine limit in real life which is 15,000 revs as like in the game wont give the car more power it just burns more fuel 
Codemasters have admitted it was a bug and have already attempted to patch it.

Codemasters have admitted it was a bug and have already attempted to patch it.
Well thats news to me lol, they better patch it to 12,000 revs not 15,000 cause the real life cars only go up to 12,000

Hold on, where have codemasters said anywhere that they are definitely releasing a patch? Just curious because all I have heard so far is silence or denial.

The pad handling is a bug by the way because experienced users are getting a dumbed down experience which they cant turn off. If casual gamers want that experience that is what assists are there for. The trouble is that the dumbed down pad experience is miles quicker than what equally experienced users can achieve on a wheel and as a consequence all the major leagues are considering what their next step is... it is that bad.

I would like to see a patch for the cockpit camera view. It should be a bit more to the back. Now you hardly see any helmet or helmet movement at all.

I had a bug on my first game don't know if anyone else has had it?

Got Pole position in Australia on option tyres as normal but started the race on primes! Obviously you cant do this in F1, didn't notice that I was on primes until on the grid and wondering why after getting pole the AI were all over me lol

This was in GP mode 50% race full weekend

Give pad users the option to turn off traction control, make pad steering a bit quicker (not quicker than wheel though) and give all of us the option to turn off ABS.

And make the AI less quick in Wet conditions. I'm driving with a wheel. In dry conditions I'm about 2,5 seconds of the frontrunners (Mercedes), but in wet conditions I'm 7 to 8 seconds a lap slower then the Mercedes cars!! That's ridiculous.

Rayg1979 said:

Got Pole position in Australia on option tyres as normal but started the race on primes! Obviously you cant do this in F1, didn't notice that I was on primes until on the grid and wondering why after getting pole the AI were all over me lol

did you set your fastest Q2 time on primes? that is only way you would start race on primes if you set pole in Q3 with options bc the new rules that give us 1 extra set of options in Q3 is to boost teams running in Q3 and not worrying about having to save tryes by not running like in previous years and robing track side fans of seeing all 10 cars shoot for pole and track position

the other side of this new rule coin is that whichever set of tyres you set your fastest Q2 time is the set of tyres you start on hope this helps

Hold on, where have codemasters said anywhere that they are definitely releasing a patch? Just curious because all I have heard so far is silence or denial.

The pad handling is a bug by the way because experienced users are getting a dumbed down experience which they cant turn off. If casual gamers want that experience that is what assists are there for. The trouble is that the dumbed down pad experience is miles quicker than what equally experienced users can achieve on a wheel and as a consequence all the major leagues are considering what their next step is... it is that bad.

Pads are already banned in our leagues but im afraid all the aids on the pad are there to stay, they were aids on pads for 2013 too which made them faster than a wheel anyways.
Give pad users the option to turn off traction control, make pad steering a bit quicker (not quicker than wheel though) and give all of us the option to turn off ABS.
Yes ABS is bugged but I can lock up if I try so they just need to increase the lock up chance but codies think all pad users need assists so it probably wont be removed.

yup i agree on patching the wet AI pace and fixing the in some corners the AI have godly traction and no wheel spin or sideways moments like in real life you know somthing is fucked up when you get right up the arse of a caterham in a force india or better car and they smoke you out of the corner and takes you most of the straight with slipstream and merc engine to catch them and take in in the next corner off last turn of australia is this most evident.

also tre wear for AI needs a good looking at bc last year this was a problem i would be on thier pace or faster at tracks that sit my style whle i had fresh rubber but once they start to get funky on wear the ai is still doing fresh rubber lap times while im floundering like a fish outta water and this year its sems to be a lot worse could be tied in with the AI seem to have godly traction thingy i just mentioned so this needs a good hard look at WITHOUT ruining the fiesty battling the AI have this year

last thing is the first lap pace of the AI its kinda crazy to gain 10 plus postions (if your outside top ten or had a grid penalty) in the first corner it needs a tiny tweek but not an overbaord omg the AI now have nitro rocket boosters on first lap kinda overkill so a tiny tweek would be good but dont break it the other extreme lol i wil still divebomb them and make good gains but i want it to be harder and more risky not the doddle it is atm

I hope they patch the peformance of the Toro Rosso because they are in a tier of their own. In my career they always qualify 12th and 13th at every race.. Maybe put them in the tier of Force India/ Mclaren/ Williams? 

Rayg1979 said:

did you use Primes in Q2 though because if you did then that's why as you start the race on the tyres you set your time on in Q2 now.

Rayg1979 said:

did you use Primes in Q2 though because if you did then that's why as you start the race on the tyres you set your time on in Q2 now.
For online tyre selection is broken, after quali you can select any tyre in the race so I imagine its the same for career or GP mode

i forgot to mention the slow pit stops in the game real life is 2.5 to 3.2 seconds also a chance of the team making a stuff up would be nice annoying but funny and give yah a challange to make up lost time

I agree about the AI issues. Speed in the wet, first lap performance and tire wear need to be looked at.

Also the AI absolutely refuses to pass you. It's pretty ridiculous to have an AI 0.5s behind you lap after lap, through all the DRS zones, without ever even attempting a pass. This is on expert difficulty, I'm not sure if it gets better on legend.