Sign in to follow this  

Please don't dumb down the handling on wheels

Dear CM,

this years F1 2014 imo is the best CM F1 game in terms of handling - at least when you're playing with a wheel and no assists. I have bought every single one of your F1 games since 2010 and 2014 is a hell of a lot of fun, especially in the rain. The back end wants to step out all the time and you have to be extremely precise to control that. Even in the dry it's pretty difficult to keep the car on the track. Amazing!!

However, there's a clear disadvantage for wheel users compared to pad users when it comes to traction. Knowing how you folks have dealt with such issues in the past I can only hope and plead that you won't dumb down the handling on wheels just to make things more equal. I can't think of how you can iron out that disadvantage, but please don't do it by making the game for us wheel users as boring as it seems to be on the pad. You've dumbed down a brilliant game before with one of your patches (F1 2012), please don't do it again. If there's no other solution to making things more equal between pad and wheel, I'd rather be at a huge disadvantage with the wheel than to have cars which are once again too easy to handle.

Yours

A loyal costumer since 2010

Agreed, apart from traction in Wet conditions. Something not quite right there if you use no traction control. Pretty sure it's impossible to match Legend AI at present.

So much for this new "evaluation system" though... that is what should have determined the end user experience for players. Casual racers with less ability should get the dumbed down handling and they would probably be happy with this as it is very easy to master. On the other hand, the evaluation system should have been able to distinguish skilled users and at least offered them the same experience wheel users get. I agree about the levels or torque on the wheel, you definitely get a level of immersion you don't get with any of the previous games.